Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF... Since ive installed s/c ive had nothing but issues with it. Not necessarily the charger but first it was bad fuel pump, then bad fuel control unit. Ok all fixed last week until now. Well today was just driving with traction control off. So when i start truch i always push the button one time. Auto lsd lights up and traction control lights up, you kwow what i mean. ok so going down road and decide to hit it, and next thing you know check engine lights up with VSC blinking. Feels like truck wont even go anymore, just enough to keep going but cannot floor it, almost like tranny is shot. but pull over, place in park, turn off then on, drives fine but check engine still on with VSC blinking. ANY Suggestions, gonna take to dealer either way i guess when i get time. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
It sounds like the truck is in "limp" mode. I had a similar experience last week. I have an OBD-II code reader and was able to determine that the Air Injection Pump was bad. If you have or know someone with a code reader it would be good to check. You can pick one up for under $50. [My dealer charges $95 to check the code].

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Take the truck to the dealer its better
Dealer is never better, its just sometimes a necessary last resort.

Sent From Droid Thunderbolt Via AutoGuide

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK just went to Autoparts store they do free diagnostic readings, anyways, code P0301 cylinder 1 misfire. WTF really. I call my buddy at toyota, he said bring it in should be a quicky but you know how that goes. I love this truck but its like its rejecting a new heart and im worried sh*@ like this is gonna keep happening with the S/C . So thats covered under warranty, truck only has 16,000 miles on it, so just gonna take and hopefully it will be a quicky. So does that mean a bad spark plug???? or what. Thanks for responses.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
You could try swapping out the plug real quick and make sure everything is seated properly, but given past threads like these its unlikely that is the true problem.

Sent From Droid Thunderbolt Via AutoGuide

·
Registered
630 Posts
I had the same problem. My was a bad injector. Had to replace it. To find out tell them to move the injector to another spot and retest to see if the misfire follow it. If it does BAM bad injector. Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts