Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Tundra DC 4x2... it was already lifted with the 6" Pro Comp lift, 35x12.5 20...with a 3" or 3.5" rear block... and it looks like the front end is like a 1" or so higher then the rear....
I was wondering why my VSC OFF light, traction control light, and ABS light stay on ALL the time?
is this normal when lifting Tundras? how can i fix it?
also is the front supposed to be higher than the rear with this kit?
my trouble shooting efforts: i disconnected negative terminal for 1 hour, also touch disconnected negative terminal to connected positive for 3 secs, and also did the mod with putting 3 washers under the yaw and deceleration sensor... all with no joy...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a lifted tundra and non of those lights are on for me. My rear seems a little lower as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i need to take it to the dealer than? i read a post some where saying to cut a piece of wire and connecting them at to ports in the truck does the same...
mahalo for all the help everyone

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Do a search for VSC. There are at least 50 threads on this subject.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i been searching all over the internet for help with my situation... but seems like everyones situation is different or they have a different make, model, year...
i do know that the speedometer is off by like 5mph... but thats cuz the bigger size tires...
but if something is broke, that sucks cuz i just bought this truck like 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Just had lowering kit put on mine; I am having this same issue now with the VSC off, ABS, and Traction on. I am going to take it to the dealership I guess. Perhaps it something to do with the alignment? Or do you think mine is an issue with the speed sensor being damaged or knocked off too?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Do you feel abs engaging when you brake?
I don't feel anything different with the ride or braking since the lights have gone on. A couple other threads have noted to do a Zero Point Calibration........

·
Registered
90 Posts
You could do that then. I know I had those lights on (my front left speed sensor was broken) the abs would engage every time i hit the brakes...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just had lowering kit put on mine; I am having this same issue now with the VSC off, ABS, and Traction on. I am going to take it to the dealership I guess. Perhaps it something to do with the alignment? Or do you think mine is an issue with the speed sensor being damaged or knocked off too?
so what did the dealership say? i dont know what to feel when the ABS kicks in... i just know my ABS light stay on constantly with the traction control... and the VSC OFF light flashes...
also when ever i press down on the gas pedal to get a little more acceleration, the truck jerks.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
so what did the dealership say? i dont know what to feel when the ABS kicks in... i just know my ABS light stay on constantly with the traction control... and the VSC OFF light flashes...
also when ever i press down on the gas pedal to get a little more acceleration, the truck jerks.
Dealership appointment this Monday! I will let everyone know........

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Disconnected the battery for about a 1/2 hour hoping that would reset the system.......

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Alright, so the dealership performed a diagnostic for $89. They lifted it as it showed a problem in the rear right and saw the wire was severed from the exhaust clamp was rubbing on it when it bounced. They said $112 for a new harness and $133 for the labor in addition to the diagnostic and alignment.

I took the truck straight from the dealership to the lowering kit installer. He got under and splice it all together and moved the wiring so that it won't happen again. So it ended up costing me an additional $80 but he only charged me $200 for the install to begin with. I am happy it is all taken care of so now I can put my Unichip back on and hit the gas...............

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
so did all 3 lights go away?

Yes, all 3 lights are off. The truck needed aligned anyway since I had it lowered, but the $89 could have been saved for the diagnostic test; however, I am just happy to have a healthy BEAST!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a 07 / 4x2 / SR5 / DC.
i have the pro comp 6" lift with a 3" block in the back, 35x12.5x20.
i noticed that front is slightly higher than the rear by like 1"-2"...
what size block do you guys have?
also my VSC OFF light flashes all day everyday.
my TRACTION CONTROL light stays on steady all day everyday.
and my ABS light stays on steady all day everyday.
i took it to the Toyota Dealership, and they cant find nothing.
any info would help at this point.
also about the traction control causing the truck to brake when accelerating....
i notice there may be a bit of hold back/sluggish/lag when i accelerate.
and when i gas it hard to pick up speed, my truck jerks...
I NEED HELP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so i had a "add-a-leaf" installed and it brought my truck back up level. 4 wheel parts also noticed that who ever installed the lift didnt
install the spacer for the axle. 4 wheel parts had a set laying around and installed it free of charge.
after both of those new installs, i notice that the "rear ending" feeling is not as noticeable and harsh.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts