Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2001 Sequoia Limited with 200K+. Never really had any problems with the vehicle. Every once and a while, I would hit a rough patch in the roadway (mostly when turning a corner) and the VSC lights would come on and the engine would temporarily loose power. I rebuilt the front suspension (struts, ball joints, tie-rod ends, ect) along with brake pads and rotors and now when I attempt to drive it, the ABS kicks in and in addition to loosing power, there is a grinding sound coming from the front end. I am certain that a sensor needs to be reset, but disconnecting the battery did not accomplish anything. Any insight/suggestions?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2001 Sequoia Limited with 200K+. Never really had any problems with the vehicle. Every once and a while, I would hit a rough patch in the roadway (mostly when turning a corner) and the VSC lights would come on and the engine would temporarily loose power. I rebuilt the front suspension (struts, ball joints, tie-rod ends, ect) along with brake pads and rotors and now when I attempt to drive it, the ABS kicks in and in addition to loosing power, there is a grinding sound coming from the front end. I am certain that a sensor needs to be reset, but disconnecting the battery did not accomplish anything. Any insight/suggestions?
Dirty ABS sensor can cause faulty operation and trigger the system, like what you're describing above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solution - Solved- Fixed
I had this exact same problem with my 2001 Toyota Sequoia. After doing lots of research, and running my own diagnostics, I located the source of the problem. Turns out that the Wheel Speed Sensor is causing the problem that causes the VSC Trac and ABS lights to come on. One of the Wheel Speed Sensors (WSS) was giving a different reading than the other 3 which makes the VSC TRAC system think that the vehicle is sliding out of control, so it then engages the ABS system to correct the problem. Now this was happening to me while traveling on the highway at 70 mph, the beeping and VSC Trac, Trac Off, and ABS lights came on and the vehicle suddenly jerked to the right as all the lights came on. I've tried all of suggestions from many different forums, but none worked. Again after working through this problem, the solution is the replacement of the Wheel Speed Sensors. I hope this helps you all and saves you money and time.

Parts Amazon
To get to the links you will have to add the www before the amazon because this forum will not allow me to add links yet because this my first post.

Front: $37.99
Link: amazon.com/dp/B07G37D6WX?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

Rear: $39.15
Link: amazon.com/dp/B07GF1K76N?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

21 - 24 of 24 Posts