Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been a member for a long time and I have extensively read related posts, but I wanted to get real specific before I shell out $400 for this part.

I have had problems with the ABS activating on the right front side. The error code is not with a wheel sensor, it is code 34 on the VSC/TRAC system. This error is defined as a problem with the yawrate sensor.

I also can do the zero point cal, master cyl pressure check and another test successfully. I cannot however get the decelaration test or the yawrate sensor test to complete. That is why I want to order the sensor.

Has anyone had this exact or very similar problem and was it the ecu or the sensor?

Thanks very much

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Sorry man, I gave up on the VSC crap a long time ago..not worth it to me. I just unplugged it...and haven't missed it! Good luck

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand. It is frustrating. I am still die-harding it. I replaced a wheel sensor that wasn't bad. $170:( I did a bunch of calibrations and got the error to consistently be a 34 for the yawrate sensor so I took the plunge and changed that $400 part yesterday. I'm holding my breath:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
JUST went through this nightmare, 6 months on this project. 1st dealer said needed new front pads. 2 weeks later abs/vsc back on. Replaced skid controll 1000 big ones. Light back on within month. Vehicle couldnt complete zero calibration because of no communication from yawl / deceleration sensor. Additional $730. Total $2057 and complete loss in faith of 2 Toyota service centers. Im still crossing my fingers so far 2000 miles without the lights. I wish you luck!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed an ABS wheel sensor that I didn't need to change, but I changed the $377 yawrate sensor and I haven't had the problem for a whole week now. I'm holding my breath. If I go a month or so I will feel pretty confident that was the problem.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was having two errors. The one that was causing the TRAC/ABS to lockup the front right wheel was caused by the yaw rate sensor. After replacing the yaw rate sensor, this problem has gone away. It has been 4 months without incident.

the other problem I have is where the ABS/TRAC lights randomly come on. They go back out and stay out when the car is restarted. This code is the brake booster. I will be replacing the brake booster now that I have found there are rebuilt ones at OReilly's and Autozone. It is CARDONE part #53-3108. I am sure this will fix the problem.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Let us know if changing the booster helped. My VSC lights have been on ever since I bought it in 2010 used and have not done the Zero pt calibration yet. It has worked fine without VSC. Never had issue with the ABS light coming on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts