Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4. The VSC/Off & VSC/Trac lights keep coming on and while driving, the "Skid" light comes on and anti-lock brakes lightly engage. I cannot clear the C1234 (YAW rate sensor), even after the dealer tried to reset, update and recalibrate. I've been told it is likely the YAW rate sensor itself, or maybe a ABS sensor on one of the wheels. What would you try next?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Don't the early vehicles have an issue with the Trac computer or control module or whatever it is called? There is a lot of info out there on this. It can be replaced with an updated/later version that seems to have solved it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you - that's a good idea. I'll do some more digging online and with different dealers into the history and which sensor or computer might be the most likely culprit.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I've got a 2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4. The VSC/Off & VSC/Trac lights keep coming on and while driving, the "Skid" light comes on and anti-lock brakes lightly engage. I cannot clear the C1234 (YAW rate sensor), even after the dealer tried to reset, update and recalibrate. I've been told it is likely the YAW rate sensor itself, or maybe a ABS sensor on one of the wheels. What would you try next?
First thing I'd try is inspect all four ABS wheel sensors. The sensor is a wire coil with an iron core and a magnet at the end which detects ferrous objects close to it by changes in the magnetic field strength which create a current in the coil. The magnet can pick up ferrous debris over time and can become so loaded it no longer reliably detects the sensor ring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys can any of you help me? My gf dad has a 2007 crewmax and bought the truck with a little bit of lift. He took it to the shop because it was slowing down on the turns etc. the shop told him that it was his yaw rate sensor. Can that sensor be removed without any issues?

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia 4x4 Limited
472 Posts
Removal of the sensor will disable the traction control and vehicle stability control systems. It’s also difficult to get to in order to remove it. A simpler solution that isn’t as permanent is to unplug the grey connector on the side of the brake fluid reservoir.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts