Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2000 Tundra SR5, baught it wrecked and rebuilt it myself. but recently i was the unfortunate one , and i wrecked the front end , there is no structural damage , just minor dents but. i want to know if i can put an '03 style front end on with using my hood. i want to buy the new style bumper, grille and if mandatory, headlights. Also i would like to use the original fenders if possible. i knwo i have to buy flares and different fog lights and bumper panel fillers. so in all, if anyone has done this , it would be awesome to get some input on this so i can start ordering parts .. it looks very bad driving around all dented. i am a mechanic so i will be doing all the work myself, i just dont know if i need certain brackets, electrical etc..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Bumper brackets as well as grille and headlight mounts are different as well. Not sure if you can use the stock hood, the corner markers and headlights are the same as the 2000's. I wanted to do this swap on my truck but don't have the ability to fabricate anything. If you are willing to do a bit of welding and some drilling it will work.

Ryan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i thought i would have to be doing some welding and fab work .. so prety much i have to get just a bumpercover, grille, headlight filler panels and fender flares and i should be set? also what about behind the '03 bumper, i dont know if the structure is the same for the chrome bumper im guessing i will have to find something for that also because it is just a bumper cover, not an actual bumper. thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts