Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight guys, I'm new to this forum. I bought my wife a Sequoia about 2 months ago and we LOVE it. So, I am thinking of trading in my 2009 F250 4x4 Crew Cab for a 2010 Crew Max 4x4. My question is how much room are in these trucks. Obviously not the 10-12 grand that the Superdutys carry. I have located a truck, here are the installed options:
CK - Cold Weather Package
EV - Am/FM/Mp3
LF - Fog Lamps
PE - Cloth Buckets w/ Power
RE - Fed Emissions
RL - Daytime Running Lamps
SP - SR5 Package
ST - 18" Styled Steel Wheel
TM - Tow Mirrors
BT - Spray-on Bedliner
CF - Premium Carpet Mats
A3 - Extramile Alum Wheel Upg.
P4 - Vehicle Shield Package

Super White Exterior / Black Interior

Sticker on the unit is $38,356.00

Guys, I appreciate all the help. End of the month is tomorrow, so I plan on pulling the trigger pretty quick. Hopefully I'll be a faithful member here....

bp

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Bigger inside (the back especially) than the F-250 from what I remember. You shouldn't be disappointed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh and by "room" I meant how much "negotiation room" are in these trucks... lol I should have made that more clear!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Sorry buts whats wrong with the f-250?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry buts whats wrong with the f-250?

lol... I'm trying to tell myself the exact same thing. I use to work for a company where we would pull diesel driven pumps. (8-10k pounds) We would get an allowance acording to the size vehicle we bought. So much for a half ton 2 wheel drive, so much for a half ton 4x4, so much for a 3/4 ton with 4x4 ect. So with getting the most allowance for a 4x4 3/4 ton... thats what I got. I have a pretty loaded Lariat Diesel. I am now with a new company and although I still have the same allowance with the new company, I really don't "need" the F-250.

I have a brand new son and I am trying to be more responsible. I figure that the Tundra is a better vehicle and financially makes more sense. But, depending on what these things sell for, I may keep the F-250. Thats why I am curious as to what the mark up in the Tundras are. Oh and to make things worse... here is a picture of what I am thinking of giving up.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions......

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought my first Tundra & I love it. I only have 500 miles on it but I like it better than all the domestic trucks & I've owned them all. I just traded a dodge megacab @ the backseat in the Toyota seems a tad tighter but isn't an issue. I also have a little one in a car seat. I got an unbeleivable deal in Oklahoma. I live in Texas but it was worth the 4.5 hour drive. I saved 6k over several local dealers. In a nutshell, you will not be disapponted with the tundra. Do it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is that price including the $2500 cash back or the 0 % APR? Either one may be better for you depending on the trade in. I think you have room - but it depends on the area. I use this tool which is for USAA members - USAA Autos | New Car Landing
It will basically give you invoice pricing for vehicles. I think your truck invoices for around $32000, I got it down to $31300 with your options, but they may not be exactly the same.
I just bought a Tundra doing exactly this - I printed out the USAA quote and brought it into a dealership. They weren't even a USAA authorized dealer, but there were some in my area and I made sure the dealer knew that. I ended up walking away with my truck for $500 under invoice with 0% apr, it would have been $2000 under invoice if I had taken the cash back.
I realize you may not be a USAA member, but it can't hurt to have an extra bargaining chip :).
Bill

BTW - That is VERY nice truck you have there - is it a diesel?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that price including the $2500 cash back or the 0 % APR? Either one may be better for you depending on the trade in. I think you have room - but it depends on the area. I use this tool which is for USAA members - USAA Autos | New Car Landing
It will basically give you invoice pricing for vehicles. I think your truck invoices for around $32000, I got it down to $31300 with your options, but they may not be exactly the same.
I just bought a Tundra doing exactly this - I printed out the USAA quote and brought it into a dealership. They weren't even a USAA authorized dealer, but there were some in my area and I made sure the dealer knew that. I ended up walking away with my truck for $500 under invoice with 0% apr, it would have been $2000 under invoice if I had taken the cash back.
I realize you may not be a USAA member, but it can't hurt to have an extra bargaining chip :).
Bill

BTW - That is VERY nice truck you have there - is it a diesel?
Bill,
The price I listed above is window sticker. No rebates deducted from the price. Thats another issue I am playing with is the $3000 rebate or the 0%. Looks like the financing is going to be a better option than the rebate. (if I am thinking I can buy the truck at a certain price)

Yes, it is a diesel.... I appreciate the compliment. I try to take very good care of my vehicles (It's about the only hobby I have) If I do pull the trigger on the Tundra, its gonna definately get some mods done to it....

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I'm generally not a fan of the F-250's looks, but yours in white is nice! :D

One more thing to consider: In case you need a 6.5' bed with the crew-cab, you can't get it with the Tundra. I see that your F-250 has the 6.5' bed... you're probably already aware of this, but I wanted to make sure it was pointed out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was torn between the F250 and Tundra. I didn't need diesel but I didn't like any other half tons.

I got the Tundra because it is a little more sporty, has a larger back seat, and fits in my garage.

If I already had the F250 like you, I would just keep it unless you can get a great price for the Ford.

You will have a smaller bed and gas tank if that is important. The small gas tank is beginning to annoy me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just in case you still haven't made your purchase.

I bought a 2010 Crewmax a couple weeks ago. I was able to negotiate $8500 off sticker price - so it appears there is a fair amount of room. My truck is similar to the one you purchased (add TRD with no 4x4). It had a sticker price of $35,700.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a 2010 Crewmax in slate metallic on May1st. Truck had a MSRP of 41,226 and I paid 36,413 plus TTL. My truck is a 4x4 with TRD package, tow mirrors, moonroof, sonar, back-up camera, cd/mp3 with bluetooth (non JBL radio), front buckets with driver power seat, cold weather package, etc. My only regret is that the radio is not the JBL. My 2008 Tacoma had the JBL stereo and was far superior to whats in my Tundra. I must also mention that this price did not include a rebate; I opted for the 0% financing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got rid of my f-350 about 6,000 miles ago I to have a baby now and the only towing I do daily is my mower! I like my tundra more and more over my f-350 Powerstroke at first I was on the fence but looking at my maintainence cost their cheaper on the tundra and the tundra will be cheaper in the long run to own if anything failed on the Powerstroke it was expensive as all get out like ball joints and what not! The tundra is way easier to park I love it! Bottom line if your not pulling heavy but a couple times a month it makes more financial sense to go gas!
Here's what I gave up

here's what I got

·
Registered
397 Posts
Aight guys, I'm new to this forum. I bought my wife a Sequoia about 2 months ago and we LOVE it. So, I am thinking of trading in my 2009 F250 4x4 Crew Cab for a 2010 Crew Max 4x4. My question is how much room are in these trucks. Obviously not the 10-12 grand that the Superdutys carry. I have located a truck, here are the installed options:
CK - Cold Weather Package
EV - Am/FM/Mp3
LF - Fog Lamps
PE - Cloth Buckets w/ Power
RE - Fed Emissions
RL - Daytime Running Lamps
SP - SR5 Package
ST - 18" Styled Steel Wheel
TM - Tow Mirrors
BT - Spray-on Bedliner
CF - Premium Carpet Mats
A3 - Extramile Alum Wheel Upg.
P4 - Vehicle Shield Package

Super White Exterior / Black Interior

Sticker on the unit is $38,356.00

Guys, I appreciate all the help. End of the month is tomorrow, so I plan on pulling the trigger pretty quick. Hopefully I'll be a faithful member here....

bp
You should be able to negotiate them to at least invoice minus current rebates. Go to cars.com or similar site to requests some internet quotes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts