Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 04 tundra, and was looking at installing a warn winch and piaa driving lights. Does anyone know if you can install a warn winch on this style of grill guard. At first I thought yes, now I am leaning towards no.
Also does anyone have any experience with PIAA lights, I live way out in the country, and definitely want some. All of my friends have ruined Toyotas hitting deer recently. Which ones are the best deal? I think I will probably have them proffresionally installed.
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
All of those grill guards are dang near worthless b/c if you hit anything they move and further cause even more damage than if you didnt have one most of the time.

You need a warn transformer grillguard setup, a real bumper like an arb or similar or a front hitch mount and portable winch cradle. Attach a winch to that thing and you will just yank it off the frontend. I like the front hitch and portable winch cradle if I didnt want a bigger bumper.

If you want to spend the bucks you can buy the PIAA, they are nothing but hype. Buy some hella 500FF or 700FF and swap to 100w lights and not only will you save cash but they are quite nice.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Agree, the bull bars I've seen, won't support a winch. You'll need a good grille/brush guard for that....

However, on the PIAAs, there's a huge selection of lights and types out there. I recommend the dichroic lights, but the off road series look really tough too. I chose the white/yellow lights combined in one housing. If I had to do it over again, I'd do the hi-power dichroic lights.

As far as installation goes, they are REALLY easy. THe hardest part is finding a place to pull wires into your cab. The rest is just connecting to your battery, ground, and the positive side of your marker lights. The marker light acts as a trigger to the relay so that when you turn on power to your markers, power is sent to your PIAAs and they are ready to turn on.

Good luck !!!!!!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
I favor PIAAs as well. Whatever you do, avoid plastic housing (inexpensive / low cost) lights.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts