Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was trying to work a deal, they were saying that the extended warranty was like $2000. I forgot the time frame but it a no deductible plan that was good for 100,000 miles. I specifically asked if it was a 3rd party warranty and they said that it was Toyota's Platinum plan.

Is this different than the warranty that you get with the extra mileage package? Which one is better.

·
Registered
87 Posts
save yourself a ton of money and buy the warrenty from this guy .. i was quoted about 800 for my 07 tundra 5.7

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...ndra-solutions-preferred-dealers-sale-toyota/

FYI, I just looked at this web site and it says:

Please note: Toyota Financial Services vehicle protection programs are not available in the following areas: AL, AR, FL, GA, HI, LA, MS, NC, OK, PR, SC, and TX.
It says this on this page: ToyotaFinancial.com - Find Vehicle Protection Plans

·
Registered
416 Posts
So, if you're in one of the listed states you can't get any extended warranty? :confused:

Presumably you'd have to go through a third party, if one of those were available.

I noticed this problem when I was ordering a laptop computer. What the heck are these states trying to protect me from?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Troy's quote is $990 for 7 year/100,000 with $0 deductible. It is the Toyota Platinum plan backed by Toyota. Dealer offer for me was 6/75,000, 50deduct for $1200.

·
Registered
848 Posts
here is the email i got from him

Hi, Wildhorse,

I received your request from TundraSolutions. Here is all the basic info and quote:

I am currently offering the Toyota Platinum 7 yr / 100,000 mile Extra Care
plan w/ $0 deductible for $880.00 on Tundra 2wd's, which is the longest plan
available in both years and mileage.

Most of the details on the Extra Care plans can be found directly at
Toyota's website at the following link, including all the various terms and
options available, just let me know if you would like a quote on a different
plan.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI, I just looked at this web site and it says:

It says this on this page: Please note: Toyota Financial Services vehicle protection programs are not available in the following areas: AL, AR, FL, GA, HI, LA, MS, NC, OK, PR, SC, and TX.

I found this on the other thread

The states listed on the Toyota website as "not available", means that the plans are not available FROM dealers in those states (in most cases, its due to distributership agreements within the regions), but you are free to purchase them from a dealer out of your area...and the plans will still be honored at your local dealers for claims, since they are the Toyota factory plans and coverage is good throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Troy

·
Registered
699 Posts
My opinion on extended warranties is they are not at all worth it. yes it's a brand new model but by if anything is wrong with them it will be well before the warranty is up and after 100,000 miles it usually ware and tare which is not covered under warranty. that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My opinion on extended warranties is they are not at all worth it. yes it's a brand new model but by if anything is wrong with them it will be well before the warranty is up and after 100,000 miles it usually ware and tare which is not covered under warranty. that's just my opinion.
You are probably right and most people will probably not get their moneys' worth on an extended warranty. Look at this way - the people writing the warranty are doing it to make money. If everyone used their extended warranty for expensive repairs then the company would lose money. That said i purchased the extended warranty mainly because i don't put many miles a year on my vehicles. It cost me $1000 extra and my truck is covered for 10 years or 100,000. I will most likely hit 10 years first. The likelyhood that something expensive will break in 10 years is very good. On the other hand if you are the type that put 20k+ miles a year on your vehicle then i would definitely not get the extended warranty.

·
Registered
215 Posts
You are probably right and most people will probably not get their moneys' worth on an extended warranty. Look at this way - the people writing the warranty are doing it to make money. If everyone used their extended warranty for expensive repairs then the company would lose money. That said i purchased the extended warranty mainly because i don't put many miles a year on my vehicles. It cost me $1000 extra and my truck is covered for 10 years or 100,000. I will most likely hit 10 years first. The likelyhood that something expensive will break in 10 years is very good. On the other hand if you are the type that put 20k+ miles a year on your vehicle then i would definitely not get the extended warranty.
I thought 7 years/10k mi was the best warranty offered. How did you get 10 years for only $1k. ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I thought 7 years/10k mi was the best warranty offered. How did you get 10 years for only $1k. ?
Factory bumper to bumper is 3yr or 36k. My extended covers bumper to bumper for 7yr or 70k. The dealer thru in the 10yr or 100k. That period between 7 and 10 is power train only.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I learned the hard way on this.....

ONLY buy the extended warranty if you are certain you are going to keep the vehicle for a long time and exceed the factory coverage.

I had an 05 that I just traded. I had like a 5 year 60,000 mile I think. Vehicle traded had 34,000 miles on it (still under factory warranty). When I called to cancel the wrranty I had the joy offinding out I get about 42% back of what I paid even if they covered nothing. Still under toyota.

So I paid 58% for a policy that did nothing...

SO wait on this until you KNOW. Do not buy it on day one unless you are certain you are keeping it for awhile. I trade up every 2-3 years so makes no sense to me to get it, or why I even bought it. I guess just dumba** on my part.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When you talk about the extended warranty, does that include maintenance also? I took the platinum care coverage when I got my Tundra and it covered all repairs for 7yr/100,000miles and all maintenance for the first 4 years. I figured at $60 per oil change, I would save $720 on that alone. I paid $1850 for this coverage so I'm sure I still overpaid but I'm wondering if the prices that are being discussed on this thread included the maintenance too?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I found this on the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
The states listed on the Toyota website as "not available", means that the plans are not available FROM dealers in those states (in most cases, its due to distributership agreements within the regions), but you are free to purchase them from a dealer out of your area...and the plans will still be honored at your local dealers for claims, since they are the Toyota factory plans and coverage is good throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Troy
I wish I had found this little piece of information myself, because I would have liked to have gotten a bit better price on my extended warranty. However I believe, in the case of Florida at least, there is more to it than an agreement with the local distributor.

I think in the Florida case, it is a result of some sort of "consumer protection" law that prevents sellers from offering waranties that are administered outside the state, possibly because it limits the states ability to "protect" us from fraud and to enforce the conditions of the warranty.

I couldn't find the specifics, but we get a lot of this sort of BS here, because of the large number of retirees in the state, who are often victims of interstate fraud.

I cannot get many warranties, enter certain contests, get certain "insurance", etc. This is not limited to Toyota, but includes computers, certain travel protection, etc.

BUT, I can see how this could be worked around if an independant dealer in another state offered a warranty in another state that the international company required that its national dealer network accepted. Seems like Toyota might discourage this to avoid getting into problems with the state. But, loopholes are fine... I just wish I had taken advantage.

Guess I can only get the "inside deal" on so many things in a purchase like this...:D

(Disclaimer: How the rules work in Florida is only based on a bit of internet searching and speculation on my part. I'm not a lawyer. Your results may vary... respect nature, wear a helmet.)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm in San Antonio, TX and I purchased the 7yr/100k TOYOTA extended warranty from my dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts