Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Warranty about to expire

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Simias 
#1 ·
I am sitting at 34K and just wondering if anyone knows of any sort of checkup I should get done before 36K

#4 ·
check your seats (possible tear) and your A/C as well. i didn't have the A/C issue, but i did have the seat problem.

#6 ·
there was a problem w/ the leather seats tearing around the area of the seat controls. there wasn't enough padding or something. anyways, the leather on both my seats were supposed to be replaced per the TSB, but "parts" were on order. (i totally forgot about it til this thread, so thanks to FREFRO for reminding me.) anyways, i'll be giving the dealership a call right now.

#7 ·
just got a call back from the dealership. they forgot to order the parts. anyways, the parts are again on order, so the seating surfaces will be replaced per the TSB. :)

btw, FREFRO, if you'd like to have access to TSBs you could join the club and have access to each of them. click on my link below if you like. :)

also, it's good to have the TSBs printed out when you bring in your ride. this way they know exactly what you are talking about.

#9 ·
FREFRO...basically a TSB is a technical service bulletin which is a known problem that is documented on Toyotas database. for the most part TSBs should be resolved for free w/in the warranty period. the problem is some service departments aren't always on top of current TSBs so sometimes they won't know what the hell you're talking about. that's why it's a good idea to "join the club" or AllData in order to keep up w/ current TSBs. :)

#11 ·
FREFRO....click on the "Join the club" button on the tool bar above and read through the directions and different types of membership and go from there. if you do decide to join make sure that you PM TundraSoul w/ your info so that he can update your member status. after that you'll be able to access all of the data available on this site!! thank you for your support!! :tu:

btw, once your membership has been activated go to the garage forum and print out the info on programming your doorlocks (lock on roll, lock when shifted to drive, etc..) bring it to the dealership when you get your next service done and they should take care of you. :D

not only does the garage contain most of the TSBs, but it also contains a lot of technical data.

#13 ·
I imagine you'll get a 50-50 repsonse on that. I don't buy warrantees on anything. I especially wouldn't buy an extended warranty on a Toyota. I could have bought a similarly equipped Expedition for at least $5000 less than I paid for the Sequoia. Most of the reason I paid all that extra money was for Toyota reliability. I don't want to have to pay for that again.
I pretty much follow the philosophy that says to never insure yourself against losses you can afford.

#15 ·
Re: Toyota Quality

stylishauto said:
Very nicely put.
Ditto!! :tu:
dgraves1 said:
I pretty much follow the philosophy that says to never insure yourself against losses you can afford.
Double ditto! :D

#16 ·
TSB and Brakes on '01 Seq

FWIW, at 25K miles I had my brake pads and rotor replaced: cost $550 + tax. Had my 30K miles service done, new brakes 80% wear front and rear (almost even). At 35K miles, noticed a small vibration at the front wheels, and decided to take it back in to be fixed under the TSB for the upgraded brakes on the '01 and '02 Seqouias. Well, turns out it was not that easy to get the dealership to do this..... You will think that after spending almost $600 barely 10K miles earlier on the same brakes/rotors, they will be willing to check things out without a battle... But Nooooo ! they almost made a scene about my request. I stood my ground and ultimately they relented....

The truck is in the shop today due for pickup tomorrow.

Don't always expect the dealership to do the right thing and help fix your truck due to the TSB. Be prepared to battle them to submission, if need be..... A print out of the TSB will definitely help. And remember to throw in the internet community of other owners with similar issues.....

Happy Holidays everyone !!!

#17 ·
I am gonna have to join "the club". Just got back from my 30k checkup (what a ripoff that is) and the dealer said there is nothing wrong with the brakes and that the tsb's don't mean much. They said they have only had two come back with brake problems. I need to check out the tsb's to see what is up about the upgrade.

BTW, 34K and my pads were 40% front and 80% back.

Hey Simias, about the dealer taking care of me with the auto door locks after rolling. they said no problem, 80$, I said no thank you. 80$ just to hook up to the computer. Gimme a break. Dealerships are a totall ripoff at times. :rolleyes:

Later

#18 ·
Warranty about to expire (seat TSB question)

I have a 2001 Sequoia and I have been very happy with it. I know have about 35k miles on it and I want to get all my TSB related issues addressed before the warranty runs out.

I became a member and printed out the TSBs that were applicable to my situation, but I was wondering if any other members had any difficulty getting the Dealership to perform the seat TBS if the seat had not torn yet? My seat (s) ar not ripped, but I don't want them to tear at 40k and then I am SOL.

Any suggestions?

I also want them to replace the amp and make that damn clicking noise go away!

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

#19 ·
the leather seat skins just came in yesterday. i scheduled the install for next week, so will let you all know how it goes.

mike....i guess it all depends on the dealer. mine hasn't torn yet (at 41k to date), but the service writer said that it will and ordered the replacement. i just handed him the printed out TSBs (thanks TS) and he said okay after feeling the affected areas (point it out if he doesn' t know the exact area). btw, i have 2 spots that are probably gonna rip.

good luck!

#20 ·
a little late

FREFRO said:
Hey Simias, about the dealer taking care of me with the auto door locks after rolling. they said no problem, 80$, I said no thank you. 80$ just to hook up to the computer. Gimme a break. Dealerships are a totall ripoff at times. :rolleyes:
FREFRO...missed this part. anyways, that sucks! in all honesty, another service writer (not the guy that usually takes care of me) tried to charge me the 1 hr labor charge when i first got my ride. i think it's because he didn't have a clue what i was talking about. when the instructions from the site were available i handed it over to my service writer and he said okay. did you show him the instructions? i think if they realize how easy it is and you're getting it done w/ some other work then they should be cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.