Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this may be the proverbial "dead horse"..but I am curious.
Have any of you had a problem with the dealer on warranty issues with the TRD cold air intake (or other brands)?
I am thinking of installing this on my 07 Tacoma.
Thank for any input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most of the time a delaership wont say too much unless it directly affects something on your truck. i doubt they would say much @ all about you having a trd intake either.
Thank you. now, TRD or Volant...? I am assuming unless I go "into" the engine and or electronics, I should be OK.

·
Registered
447 Posts
ok, all i can say is i havent really heard alot about anyone using the volant, although it looks built well enough, and some people say the trd is way too loud, but they are built good also, and you may gain a small percentage in gas mileage with either. i, however, cant really say anything performance wise, as i have the airaid intake. with it, i gained a bit gas wise, but i also installed a flowmaster exhaust also. id say go with the trd, as ive seen them installed and they seem to do pretty good as alot of people will say! hope this helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, all i can say is i havent really heard alot about anyone using the volant, although it looks built well enough, and some people say the trd is way too loud, but they are built good also, and you may gain a small percentage in gas mileage with either. i, however, cant really say anything performance wise, as i have the airaid intake. with it, i gained a bit gas wise, but i also installed a flowmaster exhaust also. id say go with the trd, as ive seen them installed and they seem to do pretty good as alot of people will say! hope this helps!
Thank you for your input.. I am leaning to the TRD...

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Money no issue go for it! only 25.00 per Hp gain, advertised 15 hp gain? looks good since it's in an enclosed box and will not get too caked with dust/dirt? 365.00 + S&H

·
Registered
221 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts