Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my truck rear suspension is squeaking big time. every time get on or off the bed it would squeak. goin on rough road with my window downi i can hear it also. i asked the tire folks when i was getting new tires and they say it was the leaf springs. i also ask my friend whos a grease monkey and he says he think its the shocks. so whats the remedy for this guys? i also read a post somewhere here and someone say dont spray it with wd40. are these stuff covered under any warranty? i didnt bought those extra warranty, just what came with when i bought the truck.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I'll do a search for you and see what I can find but I'm 99% sure that you need to grease the leaf springs. If you are under the 3yr/36000mile warranty then I'm sure they would grease it for you or fix it otherwise.

EDIT: Here is a link to the results I found for you.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4377403

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I too have had some noise from the rear leafs but found before after using soem form of lube it stop for a while. This time I went and used alot of fluid film between each leaf and its done wonders so far. I also used this stuff pretty much to undercoat any area of the bottom side that showed any rust or discoloration. It looks new under there now and no more noise.

The only thing else I can think is do you have a lift ??

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too have had some noise from the rear leafs but found before after using soem form of lube it stop for a while. This time I went and used alot of fluid film between each leaf and its done wonders so far. I also used this stuff pretty much to undercoat any area of the bottom side that showed any rust or discoloration. It looks new under there now and no more noise.

The only thing else I can think is do you have a lift ??
where can i find some of this fluid film stuff? autozone or orielly got them?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
where can i find some of this fluid film stuff? autozone or orielly got them?
check out their website for a local dealer in your area most tractor supply places some times will carry it local. I got a 6 pack off ebay for a reasonable price including shipping so I thought it be good to have extra if I didn't use it all up, for spot spraying after hard winters or if it looks like it could use a little more here and there as it wear off. This stuff seems to do great at creaping into the metal parts real well to protect it from rust too. Its non flamable and inert to electrical current, so no issue with getting it on plugs and stuff to help protect it (trailer plugs, battery terminals and stuff like that). This stuff like a liquid wax so it clings well.

http://www.fluid-film.com/

·
Registered
259 Posts
i also have this problem and its pretty annoying.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i just got back from the dealer and they told me its from all the dirt and dust from my dirt road. they just rinse it off with water and it stop. he told me its normal on a leaf spring that it squeak when it gets dirty. but yah getting it wash did the job. also got my pedal replaced for that recall crap while i was there. also got a free wash. i was suprise it only took 30 mins.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you notice a difference in your pedal, I haven't done mine yet.
well when i first got there i told him straight out i dont want the pedal cut and shimmered, and that if he is gonna do that i dont want them touching it. then he told me that he is going to replace with a new pedal outright. he proceeded to tell his secretary to write up two work orders, the first work order i guess is to cut and shim the pedal, cuss he told her on the second work order he told her to add 25 miles on the paper work and said that customer wasnt happy. so i guess the 2nd work order was to add in the prefab pedal.
well to answer your question, i do not feel any different beside the pedal is a tad bit shorter.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
well when i first got there i told him straight out i dont want the pedal cut and shimmered, and that if he is gonna do that i dont want them touching it. then he told me that he is going to replace with a new pedal outright. he proceeded to tell his secretary to write up two work orders, the first work order i guess is to cut and shim the pedal, cuss he told her on the second work order he told her to add 25 miles on the paper work and said that customer wasnt happy. so i guess the 2nd work order was to add in the prefab pedal.
well to answer your question, i do not feel any different beside the pedal is a tad bit shorter.
That was pretty cool of him to do that. I just skipped having anything done to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts