Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Tundra as a "Toyota Certified Used Vehicle" which includes a 100,000 mile drive train warranty. What do they consider the "drivetrain."

Would the front half-shafts/CV joints be considered part of the drive train? :confused:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well I do not know if the half-shafts/CV joints are under the drive train. However, I know that Toyota is very specfic about their warranty. I had my fuel pump go at 36.5k miles out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty, but with in the engine/drive train, 60k. Toyota said the fuel pump was not covered under the engine warranty. The engine warranty was the block and anything that was bolted to it(alternator, water pump, power steering pump, manifold, intake maifold, ect..., NOT the O2 sensors quoting the dealer, "They are on the manifold not the engine") I would say call the dealer and ask, and if you get a yes get that guys first, last name and direct phone extension. That way when you get to the dealer they can not pull the, well we have no one who works here by that name.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Glad ya got hooked up!!! they said something about the infamous 1800 # that no one ever answers!! Looks like you got a good one!!:tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts