Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen a post in the Hawaii section for awhile so I figure I start up a new thread to see what the scoop is! :D

Here's my scoop:

I just ordered some wheel adaptors from Marlin Crawler. There went $230. A little b-day present from my girl. I'm hoping these will help fit 275/70/17 tires on Weld Dunes 17x8.5 wheels. I'm only going to level my truck with the Donahoes so there won't be much lift on it. At the most 2" on the front. I searched everywhere and no one seems to be running a combo like this on their truck. So hopefully it all works out.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
yo wuzzup. im here a few time perweek. just creepin most of the time. :tu:

eh, we need wun shakka icon fo us kamaainaz.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with the shaka icon. the thunbs up icon is pretty weak. :D lol

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so no one got new scoops?:D

·
I'm just here for the food!
600 Posts
Got two of them right here in a bowl next to my computer...One is chocolate, the other is strawberry:clown: As for me, been busy transferring jobs since the restaurant that I worked at closed down so I was relocated, picked up another job at the end of last year to help me do what I want to do with the truck:rolleyes: Just been busting my butt working hard and slowly adding more things to the Tundra little by little. So far, the sounds are nearly complete, just got my new sub and amp in a couple of days ago, so gotta find time to install those then my sound system is finished. My upholstery material is here too so that's going in too!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wassup guys!

Anyways I'm expecting my Dune 6's any day now.....:D

So dat's da scoop!

Laters.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What do you think is the safest leveling kit out their for the tundra?I want something that will keep the stock ride and not develop problems for everything else or put exta stress on other things.Will leveling out the truck put stress on the driveshaft since it will be at a different angle,kinda worried about that one since it will be a 2 piece driveshaft fot the crewmax im planning to get.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
cheeehoooo!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Got two of them right here in a bowl next to my computer...One is chocolate, the other is strawberry:clown: As for me, been busy transferring jobs since the restaurant that I worked at closed down so I was relocated, picked up another job at the end of last year to help me do what I want to do with the truck:rolleyes: Just been busting my butt working hard and slowly adding more things to the Tundra little by little. So far, the sounds are nearly complete, just got my new sub and amp in a couple of days ago, so gotta find time to install those then my sound system is finished. My upholstery material is here too so that's going in too!
Palomino's if I remember correctly? Big bummer. I loved that restaurant. Why did they close? I've been to Mavro's and if that's any indication of the quality of food that Cassis has then I will be making another trip to Nimitz and Bethel.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My tires and wheels are finally here!!

So dat's da scoop!! :D

·
600 Posts
sweeeeeet!!! Those look like mb wheels??? Can't really see the center caps since it's so damn shiny:devil: I recently got new wheels for my truck too, but not like those. As far as the scoops on my truck, just dropped it off once again to the stereo shop this afternoon so the guy can build me a center console for my sub. I'm gutting out the center console to fit my 10" I got.

Off topic, yes ausk9-0 I worked at Palomino's. We closed down cause our lease was ending in July and we couldn't work out new terms cuz we didn't like the current one so the landlord opened it up to prospective buyers and Mavro I guess liked the place and ended up buying it, so we ended up leaving sooner then expected. It wasn't a happy ending for us let me tell you:rolleyes: Though i've never eaten at Mavro's, but from what i've heard Cassis is pretty pricey esp. dinner time so I would wait a while as they work out the kinks yet of a new restaurant. But now I'm over at Ryan's Grill at Ward in front of Brew Moon, so if any of you TS'ers are in the area, stop by and say hello. I'm the baker over there, so maybe I can hook you up with some dessert for you and your significant other:tu:

anyways, back on topic mazu post some pics of the truck when your done installing the wheels. I like spak um ba:D

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
nice wheels. :tu: :tu: :tu: damn where you guys get all the kala from? i no can afford to buy upgrades for my whip as hawaii is getting so expensive to live. :cry:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweeeeeet!!! Those look like mb wheels???

anyways, back on topic mazu post some pics of the truck when your done installing the wheels. I like spak um ba:D

come on bruddah those are WELD's! :clown: I have it written in my signature too. lol :cool: I'm also amazed at how shiny these wheels since they are only polished aluminum. My pro comps wheels that I had on my tacoma weren't even close to the brightness as these wheels.

Don't worry pics will be up as soon as these bad boys get mounted on the truck. :tu: :tu:

Anyone happen to know how much new tire pressure sensors cost from Toyota? I think I'm going to pick up another set for these wheels so I can keep my stock tires/wheels as a back-up.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got my welds and MTR's mounted on my truck. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.:cool:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Wat da Scoop?! tires and wheels on!

Here are the pics I promised. I got more in my Gallery

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
very nice.

i thought weld got bought out by american racing or something?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yup they got bought out last August. You can still get WELD wheels though.:tu:

·
600 Posts
very nice indeeeeeeeeeed! Nice photo setups btw

·
600 Posts