Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer did the Ball Joint recal on my 06 a couple weeks ago. I made sure to remind them I needed a alignment afterwards. They said "of course we re align it afterwards? Well, I noticed a ridge develope in my front tires the other day, called to bring it in. They said "Soonest is thursday next week" I took the appointment but decided to check the alignment myself this weekend using my trusty toe plates. I have 1/8 an inch of toe out. Now I'm pissed. I am ruining my tires. I should just fix it myself but I don't want them to claim I screwed it up. I am calling them Monday morning first thing to get a moved up appointment. I will also talk to a manager. 1/8 inch of toe out in front is HUGE. Anyway, watch your tires after this work as most people don't know how (or have the tools) to check their own alignments.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
My dealer did the Ball Joint recal on my 06 a couple weeks ago. I made sure to remind them I needed a alignment afterwards. They said "of course we re align it afterwards? Well, I noticed a ridge develope in my front tires the other day, called to bring it in. They said "Soonest is thursday next week" I took the appointment but decided to check the alignment myself this weekend using my trusty toe plates. I have 1/8 an inch of toe out. Now I'm pissed. I am ruining my tires. I should just fix it myself but I don't want them to claim I screwed it up. I am calling them Monday morning first thing to get a moved up appointment. I will also talk to a manager. 1/8 inch of toe out in front is HUGE. Anyway, watch your tires after this work as most people don't know how (or have the tools) to check their own alignments.
I have a friend that uses that dealer and he has told me a couple things that would make me go somewhere else to get quality maintenance done!! He said he will never let them work on his Tundra again, using wrong spec fluids & lubes and if ya wanted that type of quality just go to JLube!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a friend that uses that dealer and he has told me a couple things that would make me go somewhere else to get quality maintenance done!! He said he will never let them work on his Tundra again, using wrong spec fluids & lubes and if ya wanted that type of quality just go to JLube!!
Really, I change my own oil/fluids anyway. I only brought it to them for warranty work. Nice to know they basically suck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ah, that's not bad... Makes for good turn-in. :D

I run 1/8" tow out on my autocross car, that and the negative camber and it eats a tire pretty quick.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, that's not bad... Makes for good turn-in. :D

I run 1/8" tow out on my autocross car, that and the negative camber and it eats a tire pretty quick.
Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the measurement. "Oh, I'm driving a 'track truck' now"

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Really, I change my own oil/fluids anyway. I only brought it to them for warranty work. Nice to know they basically suck.
If ya get any fluids from them i would make sure it was to spec in your manual. i have heard that they were putting one type transmission fluids in just about all the Tundras and they were messing up a bunch of transmissions cause there for a couple years they had fluid changes which i hear they did not pay a whole lotta attention to!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
yeah I plan on getting my truck aligned where my dad works. Even if Toyota aligns my truck I just trust the mechanics more at my dad's place. Plus I get free alignments so why not? :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
When I took mine in for the joints, I asked for (and got) before and after printouts of the alignment spec's. On paper they had changes to make, made them and it goes down the road pretty straight.:)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Had pleasant BJ repair hehe!! also couple days ago and dealer took me home and picked me up and gave me a before and after worksheet as i had asked him to do and my concern is why are we having a recall in 07 for the same issue they had one in 05?? seems to me something is a miss here?? any ideas anyone know why lower ball joints are not worth the money they used to make them for the second time? i spoke too soon!! was checking wheel torque like you are supposed to do after removal and my 150 Ft Lb 1/2 drive torque wrench would not break the lugs at the highest setting ?? NO WONDER Toyotas have brake issues!! manual say's 83 Ft Lbs, just about can't trust anyone anymore!! Started at 90 Ft Lbs and worked my way up to 150 Ft Lbs and lugs never moved!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts