Toyota Tundra Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had some issues with my truck ie rumblestrip tranny and etc. but the only thing that I regret is wasting money on the navigation system.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've had some issues with my truck ie rumblestrip tranny and etc. but the only thing that I regret is wasting money on the navigation system.
I have the other story. I wanted truck with stock NAV, but could not get one, when I was buying. So I bought it with 6CD JBL, bluetooth, voice command and steering wheel controls. Not to loose these options and not to mess with JBL setup I went for stock NAV. I like it a lot. Bluetooth quality is very good. NAV soft can be better, but if you concern with that it's better to get GARMIN.
So I got stock look, I use all the buttons on steering wheel, bluetooth is working. Plus I installed rear DVD and now able to watch DVD on my STOCK NAV. Here is my post on that http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/117013-video-nav-screen-another-video-source/
All of you are right about the price it is ridiculous for that unit and you can get way better unit like Pioneer AVIC-Z2. If I did not have JBL and other stuff I would go for it.
However my wife has Alpine unit in her Highlander. The bluetooth is awful, radio quality is crappy, it was way better perfect with basic Toyota unit. Tried all possible active antennas to fix it, did not work. The only good stuff is it plays DVDs, easier to make all the functions work, otherwise I would not buy anything from Alpine again. Just my experience.
Do not have any of those issues with stock NAV, just waiting for some company to hack this unit and unlock all the functions, to make it work like it should.:tu:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow "ZPAUL" nice write up on your other link.... I have a dc limited, I bought Wilee's nav speed pulse gen. I have not installed it yet. No time yet. Also waiting to see if Wilee comes up with the second video input !!!

Thanks for the write up !!!1

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Have either of you guys tried to say "AM" on your navi? I have a new 2007 D-cab Limited and for the life of me cannot get it to recognize "AM". Any pointers other that taking speech class to get rid of my accent?
Thanks,
WVTundra
Voice command's Factory and aftermarket Like My Pioneer Z1(same as Z2) will have slight issues at time's doesnt madder who makes the system (all do it) some are better vs other's. The problem is the Technology has been achieved but not enought key refinement's to make them better.With accent's being different from all angles of the globe I can see this a huge problem for programming and Firmware fixes.Overall Voice rec command's are rather cool but I still feel they have a long way's to go.
click on the link picture (below) show's my system on voice commands for music and yes at times My system will have goof up's from background noises etc..
ERik

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Wow "ZPAUL" nice write up on your other link.... I have a dc limited, I bought Wilee's nav speed pulse gen. I have not installed it yet. No time yet. Also waiting to see if Wilee comes up with the second video input !!!

Thanks for the write up !!!1
Wilee is the man! I know and follow all his inventions. With puls generator the NAV will work with a little delay(nothing major), I had that experiense and it annoyed me, but that's me. One company already came up with some gadget to unlock Lexus LS NAV, so all functions are enabled plus you hit the cute button and TV comes up. And it works like charm. So I want something similar for Tundra. But the price tag for Lexus gaget is $300, way more than Wilee's generator.
I hope Wilee is not the only one working on that problem:) So I keep waiting, dealing with annoyance that I have to stop to do something on NAV.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Top Gun was perfect for your video LOL.....

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
What can I contribute to this thread?

If you had the AVIC Z1, you could watch a movie while the vehicle is moving. ;)

Sanosuke!

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
What can I contribute to this thread?

If you had the AVIC Z1, you could watch a movie while the vehicle is moving. ;)

Sanosuke!
You traded your 03 Tundra on a 2007 Tundra without Navi. Erik with grin rip's Sano dash apart and dump's Oem Cheap factory for better Hdd navigation with better sound think of this as lpimp my ride only on nicer better truck with improved sound quality :D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts