Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else run into this. I have water leaking (I'm not sure exactly where from), but it shows on the inside of the truck. Drivers side Rear of cab right next to the back seat. It's an '01 Access Cab. It seems to be either the window, roof gutters (black plastic/rubber trough's on the roof) or rubber gromets in back of cab.

I pulled out all four (two on each side) rubber gromets on the lower back of the cab ... cleaned them and put them back on with a little PERMATEX gasket sealer. That didn't seem to fix it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the 3rd brake light, this seems to be a common problem on most trucks.
Thanks, I'll check that ... didn't even think of it.

Also, the rear sliding window, if you have one.

RE

I'll look closer into that also, I do have the rear slider.

Anyone else have any other ideas ? I was going to take my back seat out to try and investigate it further ... but that seems like a chore. The bottom bolts are easy to get to, but the top ones are next to impossible to get on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same problem a few months ago. Had the sliding rear window pulled and re-sealed. No more leaks.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I spent a 1/2 hour chasing this with no luck. I can't seem to reproduce it with a garden hose ?

Pulled the 3rd brake light lense off to have a look ... no signs of water, seal looked to be okay. I'll have to leave the truck outside next time it rains to see if I can reproduce the problem. Thanks for all your replies.

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah, my 03 tacoma dbl cab did this and i had to replace the whole rear window assembly. wasnt a cheap part - although i had the stealer eventually do it and warranty it.

It didnt leak while running the water down teh window immediately, it had to sit for a little while and then it would trickle in somewhere.

Its either that, a sunroof if you have one, or a drain stopper in the floor thats not sealed down, front winsheild/vent area, or 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else run into this. I have water leaking (I'm not sure exactly where from), but it shows on the inside of the truck. Drivers side Rear of cab right next to the back seat. It's an '01 Access Cab. It seems to be either the window, roof gutters (black plastic/rubber trough's on the roof) or rubber gromets in back of cab.

I pulled out all four (two on each side) rubber gromets on the lower back of the cab ... cleaned them and put them back on with a little PERMATEX gasket sealer. That didn't seem to fix it.
Same thing

Same thing happened to me. After doing everything I realized it was the roof gutters. Water was running in just above rear window at the end of the gutters. Siliconed it and no more leaks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts