Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Sequoia that has a water leak on the driver side floor down by the sill plate. Anyone else experience a leak here during a hard rain? I have yet to take a look for it but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this with any year Sequoia. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I have an 05 Sequoia that has a water leak on the driver side floor down by the sill plate. Anyone else experience a leak here during a hard rain? I have yet to take a look for it but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this with any year Sequoia. Thanks.
Not where you are talking about. BUT I did get a leak only during very hard rain from the rear hatch. It was because the the rubber nipple that brings the wires from the truck to the hatch poped out of the hole. Johnnnny

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Check the drain holes in the bottom of the door.
Run a hose against the outside window bottom of the door and look for the water to come out at the door bottom, outside of the weather stripping. Stick something up the drain holes while the water is flowing out to make sure there isn't any debris blocking them.
If they are partly blocked, the water will drain from "light to average" rain events, but could back up enough to run out from behind the bottom of the inside door panel.
Check the drain holes in the bottom of the rear hatch too.
You can easly see them when it is open. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts