Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The water pump on my 2007 Avalon is leaking, mainly on shut down. I didn't see any threads that suggests this is a common problem (did in the Tundra section). Anyone else have issues? Whats a typical replacement cost? AutoZone lists the pump at $107!! and I dont think I want to attempt this in the middle of winter. This car only has 56K miles on it..... Thanks for any info (and commiseration).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy Cow! That is more than outrageous! I've learned that the water pump is internal and behind the timing belt so it is basically just like a belt replacement hence the $$, but $1800 for an alternator? I hope you got other estimates. Another mechanic suggested that that water pump shouldn't be failing at 56K. He thinks its something else. I haven't had it up on a lift yet to have someone inspect....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Holy Cow! That is more than outrageous! I've learned that the water pump is internal and behind the timing belt so it is basically just like a belt replacement hence the $$, but $1800 for an alternator? I hope you got other estimates. Another mechanic suggested that that water pump shouldn't be failing at 56K. He thinks its something else. I haven't had it up on a lift yet to have someone inspect....
Ya the stealer quoted me $1800 for part & labor, I will never pay that much. I did my self n got used for $125 n saved a lot of $. By the way mine is a 07 tundra

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts