Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who has noticed when you hood has a lot of water on it, you're driving along, come up to a stop, and as you stop, the water rolls forward to the grill, the, in two spots, it comes shooting back up over the hood and even hits the windshield? I've never seen any car or truck do this before. Can't quite figure out what's going on and causing the water to shoot back up.

Is this a 2010 deal or do they all do it?

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA all the time....LOL it actually happened yesterday i have 2008 ...i was doin about 30 and the water was just chillin about halfway up the hood and i went to slow down and was doin about 10 and it flys right on to the windshield...i think is because of the dumb top black grill thing

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
well as i can say out here in hawaii it rains off and on but and night it rains and in the morning its all there still cause my truck is level...its weird how the wind does not blow the water up while its on the hood when your driving but its crazy when you brake it goes forward then right back up ...its the weirdest thing

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Krewitup, is it shooting back at you in two "streams"? As far as the black eyebrow thing, remember the 2010s are different so I doubt it's that.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where in San Diego are you getting that much water on your hood??!! And no, I have never noticed this.

It just "rained" two nights ago, at least enough to bead water up on the hood. It doesn't take a lot. I'm in Bay Park btw.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
well as i can say out here in hawaii it rains off and on but and night it rains and in the morning its all there still cause my truck is level...its weird how the wind does not blow the water up while its on the hood when your driving but its crazy when you brake it goes forward then right back up ...its the weirdest thing
This thread has me laughing at the things that people notice, you must be very in tune with your trucks. But, this got me because I just noticed it today how the water doesn't move when you drive. As far as the water flying up when you brake, I haven't noticed that.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you first drive the truck from a parked position and it has fresh water built up on it, watch as you drive until you have to stop. No need to slam the brakes or anything, just normal braking. The first time or two that you stop. I suppose if you take off and hit 70 mph right away, it probably won't happen, but at 30-40 mph, what the water show. Once all the water rolls off completely, you won't see it. I haven't had it in heavy rain so I don't know about then.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
yep, happens all the time. :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Every time it rains it happens to mine. The wind from driving causes 2 fairly large puddles on the hood and when I stop for the 1st time the wind cause it to fly into the windshield.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Krewitup, is it shooting back at you in two "streams"? As far as the black eyebrow thing, remember the 2010s are different so I doubt it's that.
yes one on passenger side and one on driver side...but remember it is that i swear because there still is a little lip right below the hood that i believe kicks the water up....lol it happened this morning too :pound: and i thought about this thread

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Must be the aerodynamics ?! :confuseda: I've noticed this when leaving the spray car-wash... hoping it dries without leaving water spots; they never seem to get any air there.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
HAHAHA! Happens to me all the time, its the air pushing over the truck, when you slow down the water rolls off the hood but your going too fast for the water to roll down the front of the truck and the air thats hitting the front of the truck pushes it back and throws it at the windows. Sometimes if you hit that perfect speed you can get the water to dance on your hood. Haha I think its funny to watch and ill even try to get it to happen. Haha...before i installed the bug guard anyways.

·
Registered
859 Posts
No, can't say that I have. But I will be looking for it now.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think it's a wind thing. It happens just about the time you've come to a stop, then it squirts back up. It's some kind of rebound action from the water flowing off the hood. Next time I wash it, I'll try to make it happen with the hose and see if I can figure it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts