Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Something else I am seeing are missing links again. Try and click on the link that StevJ provided and it says the page could not be found. I did find this thread so its still available, just not by clicking on this link. Are all old threads going to be like this because of the website change? Its not the first time I have seen this in the last week or so.

https://www.tundrasolutions.com/threads/lower-driver-seat.142938/#post-1603606

·
Administrator
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Something else I am seeing are missing links again. Try and click on the link that StevJ provided and it says the page could not be found. I did find this thread so its still available, just not by clicking on this link. Are all old threads going to be like this because of the website change? Its not the first time I have seen this in the last week or so.

Old links should be redirecting. This has been reported.

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Reposting this into here since it seems like all the 1st gen traffic left after the redesign launch. This is referring to the 1st Gen Member Mods & Build Threads forum. a thread is stickied at the top that was unreal how much info it had. Seriously, I accessed it a few weeks before the redesign.

"I know that there is a ton of info on this forum, and I know that at one time it was nicely compiled into the threads that are stickied at the top, but ever since the change to this new platform, nearly every single link is broken. Since info for 1st-gen is getting harder and harder to find, is there any plan to attempt to retrieve some of these links?

Before someone inevitably chimes in with "Use the search function." Upon doing so, it appears that a majority of those links are broken as well.

Are there any plans to address this?"

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Can you send me a link to a page with broken links? I will do my best to manually fix them.
-Philip
Seriously? I guess I am coming off as a dick when I say this but I already did that. Thats why I quoted an admin with my reply saying still not fixed yet. Scroll up to post 22.

·
Administrator
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
fixed.
It looks like the rewrite tool couldn't locate where this thread was because the thread ID number changed as well. I'm not sure if this was before the site was migrated or even before that when we had our first site update.

Lee

·
Administrator
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

This should be resolved now.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Jeff, new guy here. Are the broken links in the 1st Gen DIY post requiring a manual update to fix each one? Just wondering if more hands would help.
Depends on the issue, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Jeff has plenty of hand but we always appreciate those looking to help and jump in for the community. Welcome!
:)

-Gerrit

21 - 36 of 36 Posts