Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my turn.

My new baby got Egged last night.:mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyone know what color primer they use on the 07s? I can't tell yet how deep it etched. Scratched up the plastic trim in the lower part of the rear door window and the paint just below, drivers side, where it impacted. I think the wax saved the rest of the paint where the egg dried on.

It just amazes me on how a little egg and shell can reak so much havoc.:confused: :(

Since I know you will all ask, this is the best picture I could get at this time.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That really sucks. I hope it's something that can be buffed out.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Same thing happened to me when i had my 05 and i swear to this day ill open a can if i ever find out who did it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Some people are so damn stupid. Buy a Bull Dog. A Big One. That seems to keep all the kiddies from playing pranks on my stuff. Unfourtnately the poor UPS man is now terrified to leave the saftey of the big brown truck.:devil:

·
Registered
330 Posts
I slept with the windows open last night. Around midnight I heard a loud noise as a car drove by my house. I jumped up and ran outside and someone had thrown a Wendy's cup full of ice at the back of my 4runner as they drove by. No damage that I could tell, but they are lucky I didn't see their vehicle. This type of stuff starts a fire inside me.:mad:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have cameras and a VCR that is constantly recording. It will record for up to 4 weeks while I'm away. It should provide good evidence for use in prosecuting vandals.
One funny thing happened recently. A "neighbor" [using the term loosely] driving a low boy truck/trailer knocked down the stop sign in front of my house making a turn. I know this from viewing the recording. He broke some limbs off my trees which were laying close to the driveway. I waited a day and he made no effort to clean up the mess so I called and asked if he planned to clean up the mess he made in my yard. He cleaned it up the next day and the DOT replaced the stop sign!

·
Registered
190 Posts
That is some ugly news to hear, especially since we live in the same town.

Hope you're able to get that muck cleaned off OK, and the etches buffed out.

Were you parked on the street when it happened?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Video cameras and dogs are great deterents for somethings, but a bunch of punk kids doing drive by eggings, not so much.

I blame the parents, attention all, beat your kids!!!!
Well, maybe not "beat", but I sure didn't get away with crap without getting wacked a couple of times. Hey, and here is a novel idea, let the principal of thier school give em' a whack when they need it too. Dumba$$ people and their stupid laws.

Nowadays, if I caught one of the punks and beat the living sh!t out of him, I would go to jail. When I was 16, if I got the crap kicked out of me for vandalizing a car, my parents and the cops would just say "serves you right, don't do it again and you wont get beat up for it."

I wasn't parked at home, my wife and I went to a wedding reception with friends, threw a couple back, didn't feel like driving and risking a DUI, and crashed at our friend's house. Parked in their driveway, in a nice neighborhood in Lakewood, WA (lakehood as some know it round' here). My punishment for being responsible, I get my brand new truck egged.

What do you do? I can bitch about it till' no one will listen anymore, but it all falls back to proper upbringing. This could have happened anywhere, driveway, mall, freeway overpass, you name it. You can't always and probably won't catch em', but you can start raising your children right, so they know it's not ok to egg cars, steal stuff, load up a couple of guns and go on a killing spree.

We should start requiring a license to breed!!!

Rant over.

·
Registered
265 Posts
We should start requiring a license to breed!!!

Rant over.[/quote]

Watch the movie Idiocracy "sp" dumb movie but the concept seems very accurate.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Here's a pic of what is left of my limestone mailbox when I went out to get my newspaper one morning. At first, I thought it was vandalism but then it seemed like a tremendous amount of work to destroy a mailbox. Either that or some kid has a hell of a swing with a baseball bat. It turned out that a neighbor of mine did it with her brand new SUV while she was looking for her cellphone on the floor and tried to drive away. Needless to say, my mailbox actually won the battle with the SUV.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Here's a pic of what is left of my limestone mailbox when I went out to get my newspaper one morning. At first, I thought it was vandalism but then it seemed like a tremendous amount of work to destroy a mailbox. Either that or some kid has a hell of a swing with a baseball bat. It turned out that a neighbor of mine did it with her brand new SUV while she was looking for her cellphone on the floor and tried to drive away. Needless to say, my mailbox actually won the battle with the SUV.

ahhh, Suzy Cremecheese strikes again. :td:

·
Registered
324 Posts
ALL vandals/car thieves and hackers deserve to have they're fingers smashed with sledge hammer.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Have you ever heard of anyone screwing razor blades into the housing of an aftermarket stereo to do something horrible to someone trying to steal it? I always thought that was a wicked wicked idea but I'd be afraid that I would forget about it and take my vehicle in for some kind of service and some technician would get hurt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I caught a teen vandalizing a car in another neighborhood (not mine). I told him I was getting ready to beat the crap out of him. We was a wise-*** and said, "I'm under age and you'll get arrested if you hit me."

I asked him, "what's my name?" He said, "I don't know." I said", then who are you going to tell the police I am?"

His face attitude changed dramatically when he realized that he was in deep **** and there wasn't much he could do about it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I caught a teen vandalizing a car in another neighborhood (not mine). I told him I was getting ready to beat the crap out of him. We was a wise-*** and said, "I'm under age and you'll get arrested if you hit me."

I asked him, "what's my name?" He said, "I don't know." I said", then who are you going to tell the police I am?"

His face attitude changed dramatically when he realized that he was in deep **** and there wasn't much he could do about it.
Here in CA, you'd be arrested for hurting his feelings. :cry:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think his truck being broken into was like a curse. One time he was parked in the parking lot at The Ballpark in Arlington. Big open parking lot like you would find at any professional sports complex. He went in to watch a baseball game and came out to find his truck almost completely stripped. Basically, all that was left was a frame, axles and the engine. Parking lot security never saw a thing. Insurance would only pay to replace all the parts because the thieves never messed with nor started the engine. He had to drive around a rental for a long time while they found and painted parts to piece his truck back together.
Holy Cow. I had a car broken into in that same parking lot. It was quite a few years ago...they stole a bunch of company checks (made out to United Way of all things), but left my laptop (notebook computer). They also stole stuff from my glovebox, but nothing important in there as I recall. I just remember that they must of gotten scared off since they didn't take my notebook computer. I was really pissed because I paid to park there and there was supposedly "security" patrolling the lot. Makes me wonder if the "security" person might have been in cahoots with the thief(s).

Sounds like I may have been extra lucky since they didn't strip my car. It was locked, but they didn't break any windows, and didn't really tear anything up. I just remember thinking how strange it was that they left the laptop and took a bunch of checks (that we had cancelled, so the thiefs couldn't cash them). They did take my owner's manual. Big deal ;-).

I really like that stadium though. It's incredible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts