Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the newer models have better ac like my 07, the 02 i used to have wasn't nearly as good as the 07. It only has 2k miles and hasn't been used a lot though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2004 Sequoia. My AC blows a moldy smell and has never blown cold air. On hot days, I have to run my AC full, at my face and I’ll still sweat. I also see a lot of condensation drip. My son's 95 corolla spits out ice cubes and he rarely services his AC. Not much to add here but wanted to see the list grow. My dealer says that they've never seen this issue before-an attempt to make me feel as if I should go sit in a corner and accept it...
BTW, I’m looking for a website that rates a dealers service technicians and service work. I’m in the Los Angeles area and several Power dealerships have very poor BBB ratings but all are based on their car sales.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
My a/c works fine on normal days, really does blow cold air.

But....its about the days when its incredibly hot outside, how can I get the a/c to perform the same and produce the COLD air when its needed on days like those??

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
My a/c works fine on normal days, really does blow cold air.

But....its about the days when its incredibly hot outside, how can I get the a/c to perform the same and produce the COLD air when its needed on days like those??

That just meens you have a very small Freon leak and your system is low on Freon. : )

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Is the freon leak visible?
No Freon is not visible but where ever the freon is leaking out a little bit of oil always comes out with it and that you can see. You can follow all your A/C lines and look where ever two lines join together and look and feel for a small amount of oil on the A/C lines. Because your A/C works great on cooler days that tells me that you still have most of your Freon in your system and your Freon leak is very small and might be hard to find. You are probably only about a pound low on Freon. If you can't find the leak by looking at all your A/C lines I would not be surprised. They make a can of "dye" that you can put in your system the same way you would put freon in your car or truck. After you put the can of dye in you can take a black light and find the leak a lot easier. But honestly all this looking for a leak is NOT WORTH it to me. I would not bother at all because the leak has to be so small. This happened to me on a few past cars and trucks of mine and after adding the small amount of Freon that I needed I got another 3 to 5 years out of it before I needed to add another pound. So, In my opinion I would just add the small amount of Freon you need, not bother looking for the leak at all because it's so small and I would just deal with putting in a pound or two of freon ever 3 to 5 years. :loco: Johnnnnny

·
Registered
12 Posts
My air conditioning is "weak". Assuming my freon is low... where to I attach a can of freon to recharge the system? How is that done?

Thanks !!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Its that wonderful time of the year where South Florida starts heating up!

Man I wish there was some type of hydrogen intercooled device that we can attach our compressor to so it would literally blow ice cold air...I know I know not possible but a man can dream!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts