Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get some information. I have had the issue of vibration and pulling from my front end. I have an 05 tundra xsp with the 20" enkei rims on it. Well after they made the corrections for the ball joint recall I am get an odd wear on the inner surface of the tire. It almost looks like it is rubbing on something inside the wheel well. Is anyone else having this problem or know anything of it?

·
Registered
541 Posts
You need to get the front end alignment checked. From your description of the tire wear it seems that your toe angle is "out" when it should be "in".

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,565 Posts
I am trying to get some information. I have had the issue of vibration and pulling from my front end. I have an 05 tundra xsp with the 20" enkei rims on it. Well after they made the corrections for the ball joint recall I am get an odd wear on the inner surface of the tire. It almost looks like it is rubbing on something inside the wheel well. Is anyone else having this problem or know anything of it?
When you say "inner surface", do you mean the inside edge of the road surface of the tire, or do you mean the inside sidewall of the tire showing the rubbing?

If it is the edge of the road surface of the tire, a previous poster is correct. The toe is off. Get it back in and properly aligned with DJ's specs.

If it is the inside sidewall, you're rubbing against something in the wheel well and/or the UCA. With a 20" Enkei, I'm not surprised. What size tire are you running? If it is too large for the fitment, you're going to need more spacing/offset adjustment to get it to stop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is on the road surface but it is like a groove, rounded down into the tire. They have the 295-45-20 on them which are the same size from the factory.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
You should have the alignment checked and corrected if necessary.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the ball joint recall done also and then I started to notice abnormal tire wear on the front tires. I took the truck back to them and they said "everything was fine and the tires were getting to the end of there life". Have them to check the bushing in the rack and pinion to see if it is wore out. Mine was wore out at 28,000 miles and so were my tires. Of course now that the truck is out of warranty they wanted to sell me a new rack and pinion at the tune of $1700.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts