Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what the technical name of this is (weatherstripping), but is this a common problem on these trucks? Seems like it is coming away from the door. Like it is buckling up or something. Anyone have any input regarding possible concerns or if it's a big enough issue to go by and see if they will warranty? Driver's side is the worst, with the passenger side doing the same thing to a much less exaggerated extent.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I just walked out to look at mine. There is a gap there on all 4 doors, but it is fairly even all the way across maybe 1/16". I think it might be worth trying the warranty route.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm not sure what the technical name of this is (weatherstripping), but is this a common problem on these trucks? Seems like it is coming away from the door. Like it is buckling up or something. Anyone have any input regarding possible concerns or if it's a big enough issue to go by and see if they will warranty? Driver's side is the worst, with the passenger side doing the same thing to a much less exaggerated extent.
I am curious as to the facts on this as I see the same on my truck... looks like a poor design :confused:

...Glenn :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To note: It comes and goes with direct sunlight/heat/ambient temperature. Basically, it gets worse when it's hot. I sent the pic to a contact I have at the local Toyota dealer. I'll see what he says and pass it on.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick update - I took it by yesterday and had them look at it. I also looked at all the Tundras they had on the lot. All the other Tundras had this same "bulge." Some were not as bad as others. I was told they could set it up and replace if I wanted. I decided to just leave it be. So, I suppose you could get it replaced if you wanted to go through with it.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
JP, there's an old thread here somewhere showing how to do it yourself if out of warranty (if memory serves me correctly). I'd get it done for free before expiration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts