Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to place the order, but am not sure which color to get. Truck is grey with grey interior. So I am thinking of ordering the grey mats. Which would look best -- grey or black?

Thanks for any replies!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same choice, I got grey. I like them. :tu:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Maybe get the Black ones to throw in some color??

Did I just say that??

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the gray ones and looks great....got them from Realtruck.com No tax or shipping.;) And they have a coupon code to get 5% off.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll go with grey ....
I looked at Realtruck.com, and they seem to cut the warranty from 3 years (at Weathertech directly) down to 1 year. Can't find warranty info at autogeek.net.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I wish they had them for d-cab 04's... Bought the husky liners and very happy with them... Get the gray... And the husly liners stay put...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Maybe get the Black ones to throw in some color??

Did I just say that??
Siriusly (heh)...here's why....The WeatherTech black liners w/ that Red logo matches my TRD seat covers and the badging on the truck . With the grey interior, it looks great.

However, if I had to do it again, probably would have gone w/ Husky's. They seem to cover more area.

·
Registered
355 Posts
get the all weather mats from Toyota...i love them and they look great, plus they say Tacoma...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can't say enough good things about this product. It's one of those rare products that actually exceeds expectations. Perfect fit, looks much better than it's closest competitor (Husky mats), and very durable. I purchased black for my gray interior and they look great.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was thinking today that my opinion of these WeatherTech floor liners is changing. Now I sort of think they suck. They simply don't fit well. There's a 1" gap on both left and right sides and they slide around a lot. Next time I'll probably go with Husky liners.

·
Registered
221 Posts
And here we have it...all the info on floor mats one could ever need!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same choice, I got grey. I like them. :tu:
:tu: x2 on the grey...dead nuts match with the grey plastic of the stock graphite interior of my truck. If you have a "truck" kinda lifestyle then these are a must have.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am about to place the order, but am not sure which color to get. Truck is grey with grey interior. So I am thinking of ordering the grey mats. Which would look best -- grey or black?

Thanks for any replies!
I got the grey ones and the color is a dead match. Nice mats too - I live in the northwest - lot of rain/snow. I love these mats!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was thinking today that my opinion of these WeatherTech floor liners is changing. Now I sort of think they suck. They simply don't fit well. There's a 1" gap on both left and right sides and they slide around a lot. Next time I'll probably go with Husky liners.
I am thinking that you were shipped the wrong mats. Mine fit like a glove and don't slide at all.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Are the weathertech mats stiff - do they hoold their shape when you pick them up? When you pull them out of the car to dump the quart of melted snow that comes from your shoes, do they want to spill the water onto your carpet?

I have Husky liners. They don't look that great, but the do fit well and when I pull them out, there's no risk of spilling the melted snow in the truck.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Are the weathertech mats stiff - do they hoold their shape when you pick them up? When you pull them out of the car to dump the quart of melted snow that comes from your shoes, do they want to spill the water onto your carpet?

I have Husky liners. They don't look that great, but the do fit well and when I pull them out, there's no risk of spilling the melted snow in the truck.

They hold their shape...in fact, I wish they were a little more pliable. As stated before in here....they don't fit the best. But if ya work 'em a bit, it helps.

The drivers side is a bit of a bitch to free from the "hooks"....easy spillin' there. Passenger side is more forgiving.

P.S Go Steelers!!!..:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am thinking that you were shipped the wrong mats. Mine fit like a glove and don't slide at all.
They're the right shape and do a good job protecting the carpet, but they slide around like crazy. It wouldn't be so bad if they had nubs on the bottom but they don't. Here's some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
They're the right shape and do a good job protecting the carpet, but they slide around like crazy. It wouldn't be so bad if they had nubs on the bottom but they don't. Here's some pics.
Dude
Yours are way off.Something is not right Like they made a bad set or something. Mine touch the kick panel.

I'd call weathtech and see if they'd replace them?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts