Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking online and see that Weathertech has floor mats and floor liners for my truck. There is a $80 difference between the two and I can't seem to figure out what the difference is. Can anyone enlighten me? From the pictures, it appears as though both the floor mat and floor liner are designed to fit the bucket seats with center console, so the the floor liner system does not appear to be a larger one piece design or anything simple like that.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The liners are just that - a liner of the floor pan. Not a traditional style mat. I have not seen the digital floor liners in a one piece design for the front.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Upon researching it seemed that the floor mats were a much thicker more traditional floor mat style. On the other hand, the digital liners seemed to be thinned are custom molded to the countours of the floor. I just placed my order directly with WeatherTech monday for the digital liners for the front and rear of my Tundra. When I receive them and install, I will post back and let you know. Sure, I could have picked up some cheaper mats but I purchased a nice truck why not have the mats/liners to match?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bmf79, I need to get some soon myself. I'd love to know how you like yours and how they fit.
If I understand correctly, the liner would cover the entire carpet portion, but is thinner. The floormat is thicker, but does not cover the entire carpet area?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have had the liners in my 2007 DC for almost 3 yrs now and love them. Carpet stays clean and all you do to clean the liners is pull them out and wash them. Personally I wouldn't want the mats. I do alot of saltwater fishing, and the sand from the ramps stays in the liners, not in my carpet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Bmf79, I need to get some soon myself. I'd love to know how you like yours and how they fit.
If I understand correctly, the liner would cover the entire carpet portion, but is thinner. The floormat is thicker, but does not cover the entire carpet area?
Yes. The liners are molded to the exact contours of your floor while the mats are just the general mat shape and do not completely covder the carpet as stated by the post below.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have both from Weathertech: mats for 2000 Sequoia (don't have liners except for 3rd row/cargo) and liners for 2010 Tundra DC (and oh yeah, mats for 1992 Volvo). If you can choose, go for the liners.

Mats are merely heavy duty, all weather versions of carpeted mats. The liners slip in nicely and really keep the carpet clean. Only complaints I've seen: 1) some folks liken them to just a vinyl floored truck versus carpet, 2) the rear in a least the DC have a slight lip, unlike the front (search for "weathertech 2010 digital liners" for that thread.)

Bottom line: I'm very happy with the liners and satisfied with Weathertech as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Upon researching it seemed that the floor mats were a much thicker more traditional floor mat style. On the other hand, the digital liners seemed to be thinned are custom molded to the countours of the floor. I just placed my order directly with WeatherTech monday for the digital liners for the front and rear of my Tundra. When I receive them and install, I will post back and let you know. Sure, I could have picked up some cheaper mats but I purchased a nice truck why not have the mats/liners to match?
X2 just ordered mine earlier this week

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does any body have the liners in the back of a double cab with the under seat storage bins? Do they fit ok with the bins or does it make a difference? I get my new truck next week and NEED the best liners I can get (for the front at least) due to the extremely muddy conditions I work and travel in all day.
Are Weathertech better than Husky in terms of fit and such?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does any body have the liners in the back of a double cab with the under seat storage bins? Do they fit ok with the bins or does it make a difference? I get my new truck next week and NEED the best liners I can get (for the front at least) due to the extremely muddy conditions I work and travel in all day.
I have the DC with the liners. I do not have the bins. I'd like them, but I do have the JBL stereo that precludes the bins. The liners don't go under the seats, so they would work perfectly with the bins.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just got the liners for my 10. They fit very well and go all the way to the sill protectors. I'm very pleased. The second row in my CM fits like a glove, too.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I just ordered the liners for the front and back of my 2010 DC...won't be shipped until the 14th-17th. After extensively looking at a few forums...it seems the liners are the way to go. Better looking, better overall fit, etc. Pretty decent difference in price but I sucked it up and went along with the recommendations.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just ordered the liners for the front and back of my 2010 DC...won't be shipped until the 14th-17th. After extensively looking at a few forums...it seems the liners are the way to go. Better looking, better overall fit, etc. Pretty decent difference in price but I sucked it up and went along with the recommendations.
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i dislike the weather tech liners.

·
Registered
78 Posts
for what reason?
What do you preffer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have front and back Weathertech floor liners and the storage bins under the rear seat for my 2008 DC. No problem at all.

Only problem is closing the driver's door bumps the liner - doesn't really matter, just bothers me to feel it move under my feet - seems like a cheap poor fit. Otherwise they do their job very well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would have to say that I am not 100% pleased with my Weathertech floor liners either. There are two minor design flaws that really hold them back from being a great floor mat. The front mats do not extend high enough along the firewall, especially where the driver's side mat step down on the front left side near the emergency brake, where my left foot rides most of the time. The second issue is with the second row seat liner for a crewmax. It is one piece and in my opinion should be two piece. I have husky liners in my Tahoe and the second row liner is a two piece system which to me is a better set up. If you spill some liquid in the one piece liner or get dirt or sand in it for that matter, there is not an easy way to get it out of the vehicle with out spilling the contents on the carpet. With the husky liners, it was easy to remove the two piece second row mat and dump out the liquid or dirt without spilling it on the carpet you are trying to protect. Now if you can wait until you get to a vacum, this is not an issue, but I ussually don't have a vac handy most of the time.

Other than these issues, these seem to fit and look better than the huskys, but still from a utility stand point, they are a little deficient.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I would have to say that I am not 100% pleased with my Weathertech floor liners either. There are two minor design flaws that really hold them back from being a great floor mat. The front mats do not extend high enough along the firewall, especially where the driver's side mat step down on the front left side near the emergency brake, where my left foot rides most of the time. The second issue is with the second row seat liner for a crewmax. It is one piece and in my opinion should be two piece. I have husky liners in my Tahoe and the second row liner is a two piece system which to me is a better set up. If you spill some liquid in the one piece liner or get dirt or sand in it for that matter, there is not an easy way to get it out of the vehicle with out spilling the contents on the carpet. With the husky liners, it was easy to remove the two piece second row mat and dump out the liquid or dirt without spilling it on the carpet you are trying to protect. Now if you can wait until you get to a vacum, this is not an issue, but I ussually don't have a vac handy most of the time.

Other than these issues, these seem to fit and look better than the huskys, but still from a utility stand point, they are a little deficient.
Husky's are 1 pc in rear of CM also. I don't mind it though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got my weathertec's last week for my DC. They fit great. I did notice after I first installed them, occasionally when I closed the door, the lip of the liner that goes over the door sill hit the door as it closed. After a day or so, after the mats settled in, it hasn't happened again. The passenger side does seem to move around a bit if someone sitting there pushes it with their shoes. I think I'm going to try to install some 3m velcro on the bottom of the liner to catch the factory carpet and prevent from moving around. Also thought about installing it on the bottom of the liner where it goes over the door sill, however like I said before, haven't had any issues with the door closing after the first day or two.

I got mine directly from Weathertec, and the invoice showed the front liners were specific to 2010 model and rear were for 2007 to 2010 models. I did notice that the front ones are a lot more glossy than the back, but figure with time, they will all look the same.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Got mine two days ago and threw them in immediately. They fit like a glove right out of the box and look great. A little different to look at compared to the carpeting...but I like it. No problems with them hitting the door around the door sill protector and they worked like a charm when I went fishing yesterday. They caught about 2 lbs. of mud off of my boots and were easily hosed down and wiped clean. Me likey...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts