Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my truck to the dump today. weighed 6920 gross weight with my buddy and me.

Anybody want to guess what I was empty?

Rockstate

·
Registered
918 Posts
6K even? Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
My setup is a little over 5,700 lbs. and that is with a crewmax. I would guess that you are about 5,500 lbs.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Yeah, should be right around 5500.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
The last time that I weighed mine it was 6040# empty! It varies a couple hundred pounds depending on the fuel and how much stuff I have stored under the back seat.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Guess it depends on how much stuff you have in, and or on it. I took mine to the dump a few months ago, and the unloaded weight
was 5350 lbs. Limited DC, 5.7, 2wd. The only extras on mine are stainless running boards, a bed liner, and a soft tonneau cover.
4wd should add a few hundred pounds, plus whatever extras you have added to it.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mendonsy is the closest to mine in weight.

Gross in 6920

Gross out, 6200. My buddy Erik weighs 300 lbs, and my 180... so I guess empty truck with 1/3 tank of gas is around 5720.

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i didnt pay attention to mine yesterday but i do know for a fact that we put 2600 lbs of sand in the bed....:) well it was 2613 is what they said....the dude operating that front end loader can get pretty dam close with just a couple of flicks of the control....

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not bad Barney, post up a pic if you got it.

I've had over 2000 lbs in mine as well, but I've never had it sitting on the bump stops.

Also, it confirms that I am just under 6000 empty weight. I guess 5900 is my new number. Better tell my douschey friend with the Rover (in my sig pic) who doesn't believe me that my truck weighs that much lol.

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
funny thing...i dont have the pic of the loaded truck...but i had a pic i posted a while back in the "overload police come on in" thread i posted a while back...it was bouncing on the stops then....and few days ago, the first load of crushed gravel/sand mixture (we did a paver patio), it wasn't from a yard...was from friend of a friend type thing so we just filled it up to full haha. the tires were the only suspension then....and after that 2613 put in, it wasnt on the stops then either...close but still had movement....so...i have no idea how much we put in it with the first sand/gravel load haha oh well. what i dont know won't hurt.

rock, don't have pics of the loaded truck but here's the pic of the loader with teh first sand/gravel mix goin in...

and here's the truck gettin its full yard of masonry sand....u can see how much is already in there and that bucket full is going in also...and the bed is pretty level in that pic..didnt start squatting till after that bucket....

here's the first overloaded pic...this one was with all the pavers in the bed....it was bouncing on the stops then....would look even lower w/o the lift blocks haha. what gets me is how low my trailer hitch sits when its overloaded like this, i could probally drag it on the ground on some parking lots....

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
haha,, thats awesome.... i put a TON of bagged wood pellets in my old 1995 4cyl tacoma..I thought it was going to do a wheelie . I had to drive home in 4 low with the front hubs unlocked.... I couldnt get the truck to go anywhere in high 2 wd, the clutch started to smoke.. that was a scary ride home.. haha,, i miss that poor little truck/// ah not really my tundra kicks azz. I love it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts