Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

What is your experience? What kind of Weight Distribution Hitch should I get for my setup?

I have an aluminum I-beam trailer with Steel Tongue (MagicTilt TALS2460). I have a really long tongue on my trailer and every system I have seen online has short tongues with WDH connected to the A Arms. (see Photo). I've been told that a WDH doesn't work with Surge Brakes but Etrailer.com says there are models that do.

More Detail than you really want to know:

I am looking for a weight distribution hitch for a 2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum towing a 2012 Everglades 230.

I am going to say that I have the current 2015 Sequioa towing capacity of 7000lbs not 8800lbs as listed in my manual. I only mention this because they are essentially the same vehicle, I'll go with the current SAE J2807 rating.

The weight of the boats and trailer is about 6700lbs, TW 700-800lbs (expected not actually weighed) at the most from what I calculate.
Everglades 230CC4400
Yamaha F300570
100 Gallons Fuel625
Gear300
Trailer TALS2460825
Total6720

What are your thoughts and Any positive feedback is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did a quick search on wdh for boat trailers. Sounds like etrailer is right. I would run one if I were you. Made a huge difference on my 6k camper trailer.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Etrailer is correct. Certain brands/types of WDH work with surge brakes. That's a lot of weight for the rear springs of the Sequoia, I'd definitely try a WDH if at all possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts