Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
pistolpete said:
back to The MidAtlantic Forum Mike!!!!! Glad to have ya and see ya sounding off in this regional forum!!! I'm just down the road from you (west) around the Califon area.....maybe we could get a group together for a holiday gathering or something! I'm sure the area has greatly changed since your departure so drop me a line sometime and we can get something going!
Thanks for the warm welcome home. So glad to be back in NJ...I missed NY style pizza like you can't imagine!

Do you ever go 'wheeling around here? Like I said, I am always on the prowl to do some insane (but legal) wheeling. When we were in CA we were lucky enough to have OHV parks. I do remember the attitude in NJ being more on the anti-wheeling side of the fence. But would love to help organize some trail runs. Last time I was 'wheeling in NJ it was with my Ranger and down in the Pineys (almost 6 years ago). But I will drive a few hours for some good trails (VT, PA, NY, W VA...you name it) There HAVE to be some in the Adirondacks or the Poconos. The Tundra was too new when I left CA to take it off road---it has now been modified and the Tundra is BEGGING me to get it muddy...

Anyway, let me know when you guys are planning something. If enough of us from near the Pennsyl-tucky border join in, maybe you and I won't have that far to travel for the gathering!!

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Mike Donofrio said:
Do you ever go 'wheeling around here? ....I do remember the attitude in NJ being more on the anti-wheeling side of the fence.
Mike,

haven't been wheeling yet in my rig (too new and not modded to do serious fun like yours) and yes NJ is pretty much anti-everything fun including wheeling and my favorite pastime shootin' !! :td: :cry:

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
pistolpete said:
to TS.com and The MidAtlantic Forum RTCarlin and toynut!!!!! Glad to have ya and see ya sounding off in this regional forum!!!
What he said.:)

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
Mike Donofrio said:
Anyway, let me know when you guys are planning something. If enough of us from near the Pennsyl-tucky border join in, maybe you and I won't have that far to travel for the gathering!!
Mike, I've been trying to get a Virginia meet set up; it will probably next spring now. This past summer has been hectic as heck; everything from a bunch of home improvement projects to the death of my grandmother.

Anyway, I'm going to be setting up something in April or May, here in Fredericksburg, Virginia. I'm going to try to get a National Park Service ranger to give us a private tour of some of the Civil War battlefields. Then maybe some photo-ops of our rigs, then a big dinner.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
TundraGreen said:
2006 DC Tundra replaced 88 Toyota 4X4 PU and 93 4Runner :tu:

Still have 97 4Runner (248,000 mi.)

Lucketts, VA
to TS.com and The MidAtlantic Forum TundraGreen!!!!! Glad to have ya and see ya sounding off in this regional forum!!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I've been here for quite awhile but never took the time to check in here. I'm over in Reading Pa, and loving the site! Thanks for everything guys.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Hugemoose said:
I've been here for quite awhile but never took the time to check in here. I'm over in Reading Pa, and loving the site! Thanks for everything guys.
to TS.com and The MidAtlantic Forum HugeMoose!!!!! You're not too far from me and I have a few ole college buddies working as pharmacists in Reading and Wyomissing.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
pistolpete said:
to TS.com and The MidAtlantic Forum HugeMoose!!!!! You're not too far from me and I have a few ole college buddies working as pharmacists in Reading and Wyomissing.
Really?! :eek: My father is a pharmacist! My dad works at the Ephrata Wal-Mart but he works in the Whyomissing one from time to time. Used to work at Pathmark when it still exsisted over in shillington. He went to Phila School of Science. His name is Randy Bierly, ask your buddies if they know him? :)

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Hugemoose said:
Really?! :eek: My father is a pharmacist! My dad works at the Ephrata Wal-Mart but he works in the Whyomissing one from time to time. Used to work at Pathmark when it still exsisted over in shillington. He went to Phila School of Science. His name is Randy Bierly, ask your buddies if they know him? :)
Small world...I graduated from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science too!!!! as a chemist....Bierly...any relation to Dr. Bierly (maybe your grandfather?) that use to teach physics at Philly College of Pharmacy??? he was my prof...hilarious guy! I'll ask my friends but if they went to PCPS then your dad would know that and them so they must work at different stores.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
pistolpete said:
Small world...I graduated from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science too!!!! as a chemist....Bierly...any relation to Dr. Bierly (maybe your grandfather?) that use to teach physics at Philly College of Pharmacy??? he was my prof...hilarious guy! I'll ask my friends but if they went to PCPS then your dad would know that and them so they must work at different stores.
Haha this is great! Yes Dr. Bierly was my dad's uncle. He introduced Pharmacy to my father. I knew him as Uncle Jim. Tall guy......6'5" I believe. I only knew him when he was much older and not in great health though. My dad said when he took his class he cut him no slack and it was the hardest class he has ever taken! He passed away a couple years ago, and his wife Mary just the other year from cancer. He was burried at Arlington Cemetery. So in case you ever are in the Washington DC area you can visit an old friend. I remember that Jim had written a short novel about his experience about his time in the army. He has all sorts of awards for his service from what I can remember. Don't know which ones though, it's been too long.

Well I must say this just made my day, meeting someone on TS that knows one of my family members!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Taconova here. I am aslo Novataco on toyotanation.com

I have a silver '06 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab V6 auto with towing pkg....about two months old. I'm in the Alexandria VA area

I've done a few add-ons and will be doing som mods soon. Add-ons so far

Access LE tonneau

Aries bull bar

tube steps

hitch step

wheel and spare locks

ceramic window tint (limo tint in the access cab, 50% on the doors)

Lund grill screen

bike fork mounts

I'll be adding some mods:

cig plug always on

under-seat mounted inverter with two in-cab outlets mounted in console

scan-gauge in the compass console (maybe)

pop n' lock

bed lights

vent visors soon...

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
to TS.com and The MidAtlantic Forum TacoNova!!!!! Glad to have ya and see ya sounding off in this regional forum!!!

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
kayakbike said:
Hi all: anyone know where I can order a locking gas cap for Tundra 4x4 access cab automatic? thanks.
to TS.com and The MidAtlantic Forum kayakbike!!!!! Glad to have ya and see ya sounding off in this regional forum!!!

as for the locking gas cap......you can check out a discussion about the Stant locking gas cap HERE and you can also go to www.stant.com to see where to buy their products....their website lists that Strauss Auto Discount stores in NJ carry their products. Good Luck and welcome!!!!

make sure to vote on the MidAtlantic poll and record your state of residence!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in VA (live in Warrenton, work in Tysons Corner) but I don't drive a truck. I have a 2007 Camry. Figured I would post up just the same. Here is my ride:

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
to TS.com and The MidAtlantic Forum WIRELESS!!!!! Glad to have ya and see ya sounding off in this regional forum!!! and the fact you don't drive a truck...well we won't hold that against you :devil: for now!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
pistolpete said:
to TS.com and The MidAtlantic Forum WIRELESS!!!!! Glad to have ya and see ya sounding off in this regional forum!!! and the fact you don't drive a truck...well we won't hold that against you :devil: for now!!!!!
I may not drive a truck (anymore) but at least I know that NY and OH are not considered Mid-Atlantic;)

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
wireless said:
I may not drive a truck (anymore) but at least I know that NY and OH are not considered Mid-Atlantic;)
hey don't look to me I just moderate this group!....the states were decided well before I came into the picture!:D ;) I'm orginally from Indiana and went to grad school in OH and was told and feel Ohio is the midwest!!:tu: :clown:

·
Registered
14 Posts
While I am picking a fight with the Mod, I just noticed your a Colts fan. Sorry to hear that. If you didn't feel my sincerity....let me tell you I am a Steelers fan.:D

41 - 60 of 120 Posts