Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Owners Please Post Here

Welcome to Tundra Solutions!

We are always happy to see a new member onboard TS.com, please feel free to post on this thread and introduce yourself. If you have recently purchased a new Highlander, pop a post and tell us about your new ride.

Be sure to check out all the various forums that have information on the care of your Highlander. If you have not yet signed up as a Club Member, you may want to consider becoming one to have total access to ALL the forums on TS.

Click on
Join The Club for information.

If you need any help or assistance please feel free to PM any of the

TS.com Team Moderators

Once again, welcome to Tundra Solutions! We will be looking forward to your postings.

Dan:)
Part of your TS.com Team

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I started on TS with Tundra # 4026, now we just got back from Carson Toyota with an 04 Highlander Ltd for my wife.
Drove down from Clovis,(central Cal.) to pick it up.
What a bunch of electronics on this thing!
Dianne had it ready to go, I was done with paperwork in 10 minutes!
Now I've got to read a 400 + page owners manual!
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all, Just Picked up 04 Highlander

We just picked up a Bluestone Metallic Highlander Limited. I've never owned a Toyota before. We had a 98 Blazer before this beauty. I absolutely love this vehicle. I have no complaints as of yet, though we've only had it 4 days. We have the leather package, 3.3L V6 2WD ( In Hawaii we don't really need AWD). Okay, she said no to AWD :) It's really cool that we have a forum for discussing vehicles. Hopefully, this is my first post of many. I also hope that I can contribute to the forum. If anyone has questions please ask away. I'll answer as best I can.

Steve

I forgot to add that we have the running boards as well. They are worth the 650.00 They accentuate the Higlanders lines. They arent really functional, well, I will use them to stand on to wash the roof. :)

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Cbanks said:
We just picked up a Bluestone Metallic Highlander Limited. I've never owned a Toyota before. We had a 98 Blazer before this beauty. I absolutely love this vehicle. I have no complaints as of yet, though we've only had it 4 days. We have the leather package, 3.3L V6 2WD ( In Hawaii we don't really need AWD). Okay, she said no to AWD :) It's really cool that we have a forum for discussing vehicles. Hopefully, this is my first post of many. I also hope that I can contribute to the forum. If anyone has questions please ask away. I'll answer as best I can.

Steve
Congrats on the new ride. What other cars did you consider when shopping, and what made you pick the highlander?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congrats-let us know real world MPG.

Congrats,I was looking at Highlanders yesterday.When you get a chance,let us know your real world MPG.Thanks,Charlie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agent WD-40 said:
Congrats on the new ride. What other cars did you consider when shopping, and what made you pick the highlander?
We looked at The Nissan Murano, though not very closely, because the resale value isn't as good as Toyota vehicles. We looked at the Explorer, I like the truck, but the cockpit seems dull and uninspired. Actually, Ford, GM, and Dodge vehicles have a horrible resale value. Though I'm sure that could be argued by some. I did a lot of reasearching, and decided that of all the SUV's I looked at, the Highlander was the most appealing. A lot of my friends own Toyotas, and they swear by them. I've known them and their vehicles for years, and I must say, they don't have many problems with them. I have a Highlander, and no regrets.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Highlander

hello,

will pick up new highlander monday after work.
looked a few cars: Buicks & other Toyotas.
looked at a millon web pages.

many things lead me to the Highlander - safety & handling features, comfort, room, resale. & reliablity....primarily.
a few things i didnt like - Toyota colors, inside & out.
(but have to admit that there a lot of ugly SUV's on the road, the Highlander looks were acceptable)

This will be my wife's car & a weekend/vacation car.
I choose the limited 4x4 model as it snows here & plowing is getting worse every year. then there is the rain...

option i wanted but didnt get was the dvd player in the back seat. grand kids said i should have insisted...

next major decission is the extended service contract....(this is my 1st Toyota, previous 2 cars were Buicks where those contracts would have come in handy).

later,
nes

·
Registered
182 Posts
hi everyone

hi everyone , looks like someone finally made a highlander forum, good job. Im the happy owner of an electic green v6 2wd highlander which iv modded with front bull guard , rear guard, and side steps. check it out http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/485723

·
Registered
2 Posts
So my mom bought a highlander. At first I didn't want her to get one (I wanted the Murano) but then I shortly realized that this was my mom's car, not mine. So I'm here now posting and searching through these forums for any tech help I may need in the future.

I own a 00 maxima 5spd and used thier forums for my advantage and have learned that it was the best place to get information. I figure that these forums will help me and others so I signed up and here I am.

I must admit though, the Highlander has a very nice and conservative body styling and is real quiet (compared to my car and my bro's car). It fits my mom definetly. So in advance, thank you for all the information I will collect from this site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought one for my wife

Hi,

Just found this forum.

I bought a 2004 Indigo Ink Limited V6 4wd for my wife a couple of weeks ago. We test drove the MDX, Pilot, and Highlander. Of the three, the Highlander had the best seats, the most comfortable ride, less road noise, gets slightly better gas mileage and put the smallest dent in the wallet. It is a smidge smaller than the other two, however.

Great car. Perfect match to our needs.

I hope to rarely have to use this forum, but will visit regularly to see what's going on!

-- John

·
Registered
15 Posts
New Highlander Owner

Hi.

I just bought a 2004 Limited 4wd Highlander. Super white with Ivory leather and chrome sidebars...it looks great, but doesn't seem to be of usual Toyota quality. My last Toyota purchase was a 4x4 and has 175,000 on it and is still in the family. I'm glad to see other owners put together this forum. Don't want to be too negative, but what is the deal with the road noise from these things? Didn't hear it on earlier models, but my 2004 is really noisy. I'll look through the forum and see if anyone else has had this problem. All in all, it looks great and is a smooth ride.

Tyler

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy yall,

Newbie here and just another proud owner :) of a 04 Bluestone Metallic Highlander. So far the rides great. Our first new SUV. We've been driving around just getting used to it and wanted to build more miles so we can get it broken in and get our first oil change to get rid of those unwanted particles in the oil. Looking forward to a long drive - LA to Arizona after this break-in period.

Did not get any additional accessories coz the dealer is charging me double the price (did my research before the purchase). That sucks. :cry: I think they just want to earn their quick bucks.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Love our new Highlander!

I just found this site and am excited to be a part of it. Just bought a new Bluestone LTD Highlander for my wife with all the options - including the navigation system, remote starter/security system, and negotiated the 6 year warranty as a throw-in as well. I sadly agreed to trade in our 99' 4Runner, but have pretty much gotten over it this first week of driving the Highlander.

We drove the Acura, the Volvo XC90, the BMW X5, and the Lexus RX 300 and 330.

I think for the price, the Highlander was best equipped, largest sized in terms of rear cargo storage, and most comfortable. There's plenty of room and that third row seating (not that we'd use it much) is a nice option in a pinch.

I need to get another degree to best utilize the nav system, but in our limited use already, it's a great option. Everything seems to visually run through it including the radio, cd changer, etc... Pretty cool!

The only thing I'd like is that I wish the wheels were larger, wider, etc... I was spoiled with my huge 4Runner wheels and would love to have the 275/60-17 wheels as opposed to the 225/65-17 wheels on the Highlander.

Overall it's an extremely smooth and quiet ride! This is my 4th Toyota, so I expect once again to be spoiled by the lack of issues these cars have.

Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whats up. I finally found a forum where people talk about other great toyota products other than the infamous supra, celica, or the landcrusier.

My parents own a 2002 Toyota Highlander Ltd. with all possible options availible for the 2002 model. even though they own it i do most of the driving becuase i use it to commute to the university since i had to sell my beloved 93 Mazda Mpv. It has jus about 27,000 mi, half of it is mostly after the last 4 months since i sold my Mazda (i do a lot of driving). i have the Toyota babied its waxed once every month even in the dead of winter.

My parents are happy that i convinced them into buying this SUV. It has everything one will need in an SUV and driving capabilities of a car. Since i drive on the faster side of the speed limit I like the power of the engine (even though the extra .3 liters in the newer v-6's would be nice to have) and the way it takes coners like a car. the fit and finish of the is great, and the lack of noise in the cabin shows the high quality of toyota's. The only complaints i have are that it is hard to keep the windows defogged in muggy or humid weather with the automatic climate control system and the 2 sec hesitation in the transmission in passing situations. Also a xenon lights and a larger wheel option whould be nice to have other than the 16 in. which is on the small side compared to other vehicles in this segment.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. Feel free to browse around and ask any questions you have to any of the TS.com team. A lot of the forums are free but to get some of the good stuff along with all the TSBs for your vehicle you may want to consider upgrading your membership to a "Club Member"

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to TS...

I'm glad to finally find a forum dedicated to the Highlander. I loved my 2001 and am even happier with my 2004. They're awesome SUV's.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Welcome to Tundra Solutions drodez!

The site only takes a few minutes to learn how to navigate, but a lifetime to fully utilize. So buckle your seat belts and hang tight. You won't regret joining up. FEEL FREE to take some time and browse through the various forums on TS.com If you are somewhat confused as to where to post a question, read the sub-caps within the forum or use the SEARCH feature that will locate the topic that you are interested in. An informative posting is New Members Help with several links to questions you may have about TS.com If you haven't signed up already as a club member you might want to consider it. Check out the Sample Technical Database for a preview on what club membership gets you.

You can send a PM to any of
The TS.com Team if you need any help or assistance.

We will be looking forward to your postings!

:):tu:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
I'm new to the site and found it while researching the High Lander. My wife is going to trade in her 95 Camry for an HL this month and the prices have gone from 25800 plus "fees" after the rebate to 32000. Is it possible to get a well equiped V6 w/o 3d row seat below $25,800. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts