Toyota Tundra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Owners Please Post Here

Welcome to Tundra Solutions!

We are always happy to see a new member onboard TS.com, please feel free to post on this thread and introduce yourself. If you have recently purchased a new Highlander, pop a post and tell us about your new ride.

Be sure to check out all the various forums that have information on the care of your Highlander. If you have not yet signed up as a Club Member, you may want to consider becoming one to have total access to ALL the forums on TS.

Click on Join The Club for information.

If you need any help or assistance please feel free to PM any of the
TS.com Team Moderators

Once again, welcome to Tundra Solutions! We will be looking forward to your postings.

Dan:)
Part of your TS.com Team

[/quote hi- just joined the club- my motivation is from just having had the dealer diagnose a problem with my 2002 Highlander heating control unit and advising me that the cost to replace the unit is over $1000- here in Canada! The suspicoin is that it is a relatively minor component which if it could be replaced would cost considerably less. I realize there must be used/re-cycled units available somehwere but doesn't anyone repair these things- badly in need of a heater in Canada- cheers
]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
Just found this forum while looking for winter tire options for my 2003 2WD HL.
I live in West Virginia and its quite hilly, and tough for the HL to come up even the couple of hills in my development if any snow or ice at all. I looked through some of the Tires section as well as some posts about tires - you all have a great resource here :tu:. Thanks much in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2008 Highlander Sport in Brooklyn

2008, Silver Gray Sport, Leather, Reverse Camera, Remote Start.

Bought it because Endeavor lacked rear camera, Pilot design seemed too dated and Tribeca's second row-seats were too cramped, and Volvo's XC90 (with SIPS system) was too low in MPG and high in price. Didn't like limited rear visibility of Mazda CX series.

Love the passthru to third row, but wish third row seat was split...no chance for an aftermarket there.

Tried to get it with Michelins or Toyos instead of the Bridgestones, but will have to wait. Will have to wait for rubber mat set also.

This forum has already been a tremendous resource as I was able to get some kind of answer on whether using synthetic would void warranty and I look forward to participating and making some new friends.
Best,
gtrotta

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all:

Just stop by to say Hi to everyone here. We just bought a 2001 Highlander used from a private sale. The vehicle was remarkably well-kept by the previous owner (1st owner) and had a bit more than 80K miles at the time of purchase. We love the car so far. A lot more than the last Subaru Outback that we had which gave us too many expensive-to-fix mechanical (engine) problems.

We live in the Northeast and such a comfortable, reliable AWD vehicle as the Highlander is always appreciated.

BTW, thanks for an abundant source of information on Toyota models, esp. the Highlander, that this site offers.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hi There!

Just found this site, it looks very 'knowledgeable' by the size of it!

I custom ordered my 2002 Highlander Limited in July 2001, it was a long anxious wait until Nov. 8 2001 before I received it, I love it!!!

Now 6 years later, I still love it, but---------there are a few problems I've had since the beginning that the service department just can't seem to find or remedy, or maybe just doesn't want to be bothered with. I am hoping to find resolutions on this site. I'll just briefly list the topics here and search on the forums for 'like' problems. If anyone owning a Highlander with simular problems, or answers, please feel free to email me, it would be much appreciated!!

Squeeky steering column, exhaust smell from vehicles in front of me, like diesel,etc. even when my recycle is on, meaning vents are suppose to be closed--pe-u! Water leaking into floorboard by BUCKETS when it rains hard, we're talking mold in carpet throughout whole vehicle---had it in shop for 2 days, guys can't find where water is coming from?????????????? My guess, coming in same area as exhaust fumes!!! I think the tray under wipers that catches leaves, etc., fills with water too fast (drains are not plugged), which then overflows into vehicle, possibly thru air vent. Condensation has been so severe in mornings, also CD player stopped working at same time!!! Wet wiring?????!!!!! PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP!!!!! Thanks, TrendCat

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just found this site..... Bought my '07 HiHy new in Sept of '06... Got the Limited Nav version..... One of the best new vehicles I've owned (been buying new since '75).

Have added a factory tow hitch and an aftermarket ipod adaptor from USA-Spec. Both work great.

Am looking to add yellow fogs and turn signal outside mirror housings. Any advice on these ?

Also own: '03 Mustang Cobra, '04 Maxima, '02 IS300 and a '00 Legacy. Rest of family drives most of them.

I do all of the maintenance and repair work on my vehicles that doesn't absolutely require a lift. Been using Amsoil Signature (old Series 2000) 0w30 synthetic oil in them for about 5 years. Oil gets changed in the spring and fall regardless of mileage, along with a Mobil 1 or Bosch oil filter. Buy my tires from Tire Rack and have a great local shop for installation.

Hope to be able to share some good stuff with everyone.

Peter in CT

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys
How does this forum work ( I am new to this stuff )

What I need to know is, If anyone has had trouble with the sunvisors on a Highlander?
Does anyone know if there is a factory recall on them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all. I joined the forum because I hope to find help with any repairs that I might have difficulty with on my '04 Highlander. I bought it new and now it has about 78,000 km on it. So far so good, but I like to do my own wrenching so I will be seeking advice from the collective from time to time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just picked up a certified 07 w/16,000 miles. So far so good. I am very impressed with the way it handles. Very stable and solid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just registered today, I heard about this forum from my daughter who is having a problem on her 2002 highlander.
Heating/Air conditioning Unit is not working. No cold air blowing. Blower speed is normal, heating is find.

Engine check sign on, went to the dealer paid $ 80.00 to check the computer and told her that their is a problem with Catalyst System Below Threshold Bank 1 and 2.

I am still browsing for any forum with this particular subject. I will get in touch.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Owners Please Post Here

Hello guys!!! just signed up today. We purchased a 07 highlander brandnew last year. I was just surfing and stumbled on your forum. Im planning to do my own oil change this time. So far no problem with our unit just curious of how to reset the maintenance required light after doing the oil change which I found right away. :ts:Your site is awsome specially for me doing DIY on minor changes. :thumb: Goood day all !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

Bought a 2004 Highlander (V6, 2WD) with 53,512 miles on 6/7/08. Found this site while searching the net for info on the HL. I'm in the process of going through all the pages of HL threads here (skimming the titles and reading the threads that interest me). Lots of good info here! :tu: I'll try and contribute when I can.

Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone!
I want to thank ya'll for such a great site! It has helped me tremendously with my 2001 2WD V6 Highlander. I've had it for about 3 years, no problems, then it all hit at once. Its got 170,000 miles on it, and I need it to to last me 2 more years through school. I have a few questions, but I will find the appropriate places to post.
Sandra

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
New to the forums, but not to toyotas. Just picked up a 2001 Highlander limited. Bluestone with custom lower dupont grey(dealer painted), tan leather, woodgrain interior. This is my first highlander, previously ive owned and mr2 (2 of them) and a 4runner. My buddy has a 00 tundra that ive worked on as well.

So far the only mod ive done was to adapt the 02-07 center console to my 01. It basically mounts the same, minus some brackets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi , I'm Dick B new to this site and have found it to be very informative. I'm looking to buy a Highlander 2002 model 4 cyl. I've owned a ton of Toyota's over the years. This will be my first SUV. Any feed back would be great.
Thanks
R Bodiot

101 - 120 of 153 Posts