Toyota Tundra Forums banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me be the next person to introduce themselves. I just acquired a Vintage Gold 2002 Toyota Highlander 4-cyl. It has 62K miles on the clock an is a bit of a fixer-upper, cosmetically at least.

I'll be attempting to revive her to her former glory bit by bit. But in the meantime, she's mechanically sound but could use a good detailing. The stereo has been upgraded to an Alpine head unit that can control an iPod and the windows have been tinted pretty dark. It has a power seat and the infamous saggy driver's side sun visor with the Homelink control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Owners Please Post Here

hello everyone this is 1toy new to highlander forum
2003 highlander 4wd new to me in 2003 for my birthday
so far love this truck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings all.

Just picked up a used 2004 Highlander Limited AWD last week with all the bells and whistles including navcomp, 6-cd changer, 3rd row seats and rear seat entertainment system. I found a few things that need tweaking so here I am...looking on message boards for all you experienced guru's for help, tips and good advice on how to tame this new beast! :D

I'm looking forward to soaking up all the knowledge I can and maybe contribute a bit of my own when possible.

Come check out my first post-- especially if you know anything about that darn DVD player that is mounted in the center console. ;)

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Hi everbody
I just traded my 2001 Tundra with 48000 miles on it for A 2011 Highlander limited! I purchased the Tundra new and just done the normal service to it for the last 10 years. Just do not need A truck anymore.
I hope to get as good service out of the Highlander as i did the Tundra.
So far i like the ride and just more comfortable than the truck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all ...

I own a 2006 Highlander V6 4wd since 2009. Just wanted to join the site to learn repair/upgrade tips.

I also own a 2000 Nissan Maxima and a 1999 Subaru Impreza (JDM STI Swap Ver.5)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello to all...

I just bought a 2011 Tundra Crew Cab 4x4, slightly used with 2500 miles. Looking to get some good tips and mod ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all... I've been around this board for a long while.
First joined to help my in-laws. They have an 04 Tundra 4x4 Limited and an 04 Highlander 4wd Limited, since new...

Well, now we've joined the 'yota family.

We have purchased a 04 Highlander 2wd Limited. I'm now going to have to read up on the highlanders like mad. :) We honestly never looked hard for highlanders b/c the price was normally out of our cash $$$ range. However, we just happened to see this one at a BMW dealership nearly the same day it was traded in!

Previously I've been active in the mazda forums (wagon). There's always something that needs hacking together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everybody, I'm sorry to say that my beloved Tundra has lost a critical turf war and has been replaced by a red '03 Highlander. The trouble started when I moved a red '94 Mazda Miata into the garage, first to go was my Triumph Bonneville, but it was still a crowd in there so the Tundra finally got squeezed out. Now I have the task of making the Highlander as useful and convenient as the Tundra was. Two areas of discontent are the security system, which I could live without, and the wimpy rear springs, which I'm guessing might be helped by a set of hybrid springs seeing as how nobody offers air lifts for these vehicles. This fine machine will be making many trips out to the Bonneville Salt Flats as the main support vehicle for Pepperoni Bros. Racing and our 750 Moto Guzzi, I'm looking forward to chatting with all you good folks and grateful for all the accumulated knowledge available on Tundra Solutions. Tom Liberatore

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just traded in my 05 Dodge ram hemi 4x4 pick up for an 09 H-lander. The gas for the pick up was just too much after 4 yrs of never really needing a pick up. I wanted an 09 4 runner but couldnt pass up the better ride, more bells and whistles and more room inside.

I bought an 09 Sport V-6 AWD in Blizzard white with 21k miles. winter package, Jbl stereo and Bluetooth.

Really is a nice vehicle. takes a little getting use to after driving a full size pick up for so long, but love all the features. Of course the day after I brought it home we had 2 inches of snow in the morning to drive to work in. It handled it well no slipping.

Plenty of leg room for someone like me that is 6'2. so far the sun roof is my favorite feature. come on summer.
I think the V-6 is very smooth and powerful.
I'm looking forward to adding an after market rack for hauling my kayak fishing and some vent visors.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Just picked up a 2013 Highlander Limited, traded my 03 Sequoia in after 103K trouble free miles. Naturally now it is going to snow a foot or more and we will see how much I miss the Sequoia and the Hakkepalitta snow tires it wore this time of year. HL is very smooth, smooth as silk and has all the bells and whistles, wifey likes it and I like it much more than her 10 Avalon. Now I need to get a few accessories, deer bumper and some rock bars or some such to keep the parking lot door bangers away. Mileage looks a lot better than the Sequoia so far. I know I'm going to like the HL, but I do feel guilty for abandoning the Sequoia, I never had a vehicle so long and so trouble free as the Sequoia in over 40 years of driving and it probably is in a lot somewhere wondering what it did wrong and why I deserted it after so many years of faithful service.

My wife actually cried when we traded her 00 Solara in on her Avalon (which she now loves), after similar trouble free mileage and years with her Solara, now I know how she felt!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought our 2017 Platinum a month ago. Took it on a shake down cruise from Texas to Savannah and back. Worked well. Comparing it to my 2008 Sienna: 3rd row seat on HI is a joke, Sienna is usable; front seats of HI get uncomfortable after a few hours, Sienna is fine for 15 hours or more; BSM on HI is super, need to add it somehow to the Sienna; most of the time the HI shifts very smoothly, sometimes it seems to hang at a high RPM, no prob with Sienna. The HI ride is smoother and quieter. The name of the color is embarrassing: Ooh La La Rouge Mica; we prefer to call it burgundy. A few nit picks: digital readout of speed would have been nice, outside temp reading beside the digital clock would have been nice.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts