Toyota Tundra Forums banner

3081 - 3100 of 3177 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone. I just bought a 2010 5.7 tundra platinum edition. This is my second tundra. I thought about buying a diesel but couldn't bear going away from tundra. So I sold my 2011 4.6 base model tundra for the 5.7 I force for the added towing. I can't believe how many options the platinum has. There's buttons every ware.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself He

New Member Here!!!
Riding a 2012 Tundra Rock Warrior. Love the truck. Been using the forums for a couple years and figured I'd finally sign up and start contributing instead of just reading. Looking forward to chating with everyone about the best truck in the world!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to jump in and say hello I lurked the site a bunch. I had problems signing up due to my main email kept saying I was spam. I see most of the trucks here are with offroad kits and such. I tend to lean more to the lowered side of things. I am collecting the parts needed to do the mods I have in mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3 time Tundra owner just found this site. I started with a base 2008 SR5, moved up to a 2011 TRD and now into a 2013 Platinum edition. Love the trucks!!! Originally looking for information on gas mileage and decided to sign up. Use my Tundra daily to drive to and from work 40 km each way. Also use it to tow a travel trailer during the summer. Enjoy the power and the torque have no issues towing my trailer and passing other vehicles'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself He

Hello new member here long time toyota truck owner. 2007 tundra sr5 white, I own a toyota so all my buddies can have fords. someones gotta have a truck that isn't always broke and can tow the other guys diesel home.

·
Registered
3 Posts

hello , im new here so bear with me. just traded my 09 tacoma for a 10 tundra. lovin it so far. has the smaller 8 engine and seems to have loads of power.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I am a new member. Found the site while looking for ideas on setting up my 2014 tundra with a lift/leveling kit and new wheels and tires. Anyone have suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Hello (again) everyone! After selling my 2005 Limited 4WD Stepside a while back, I'm back in the game with a 2007 5.7L Limited Double Cab 4x4! Only had to drive 220 miles (440 round trip) to get it. So far I've discovered it has the factory remote start system, power folding mirrors, parking sonar and auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink, and the Toyota 20" rims. I hope swap out the headlights with something more aggressive (and less hazy) first, get a true dual exhaust system and the pipe dream would be forced induction, probably the TRD supercharger. I definitely traded in the Prius for the right vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yo yo yo new to the Tundra world, been driving a 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser for the past five years and now whippin an '09 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4. Lovin the new truck, nothin beats the power of that 5.7. I'm lifted ~3" in the front with some bilstien coilovers and another inch in the rear on some TRD 18" rims with 285 nitto all terrains. Haven't done a whole ton of offroading in it (compared to the Land Cruiser that saw some serious trails), but looking forward to it in the future. I'm in the Lee County area in Alabama, shout out to anyone nearby (War Eagle!)!
Future mods I want to do (and would love any advice on):
Winch cradle, sliders?, rear locker, dual exhaust, and what does it take to run some 35's with this suspension set up?
Lookin forward to the forum, already have gained useful info browsing around the past couple of months, hope to one day be able to add my own input! photo 3.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts

Thinking about buying a 2014 Tundra Platinum in Silver Sky w/ Bed liner, Running board, blind spot mirrors, all weather mats, Spare tire lock, wheel locks. Basically loaded.

Does anyone know how much of a discount one can expect? I live close to a CARMAX, Koons and a TrueCars.com dealership. The prices are all over the place. Koons seems to be the cheapest with it's WOW pricing. TrueCars.com comes in second. And CARMAX last but there are no games. You see the price on the window, you get the 2.9% @ 60 months and your out the door period. Koons charges 500 in processing fees and the other is 600.00. CARMAX is 99.00! So the money is made up in different places.

I'm not seeing a good discount. 3500 seems to be the number. If I wait until the fall will I do better?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi all!

I am new to the Forum. I have been enjoying my 2013 Tundra for a year or so now. I am pleased for the most part, but have some performance issues to work through or deal with. I have the SR5 TRD Off Road 4X4 Double cab. Looking forward to seeing what you all have done with your tundy's and hope to get some ideas to improve mine.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hey all,

New member here and new to the Tundra but not new to Toyota. I sold my 2007 Tacoma yesterday & bought (ordered, searched, placed a deposit whatever they call it) my 2014 Tundra today (Sold my F-350 Monday). For years I've had the two trucks with the Tacoma handling the light duty & the Ford doing the hard stuff, now I'll just have one.

I ordered a Double cab SR5 TRD standard bed 5.7 4x4 in Super White with the Graphite interior. It's also coming with the E-Tune radio, Deck Rail system, SR5 Upgrade package, bedliner & mats. It's replacing essentially the same Tacoma and Ford - White over Gray. I tow often so the 9900 rating is nice and the wife likes the built in safety features since she has no plans on collecting my life insurance. ;)

Planned adds are the Snow Dog plow I have left over from my Tacoma, brake controller, a 3+1 Leveling kit and a tool box - that should do it for now.

Here are pictures of what it's replacing, I'll post a new one when it shows up this week.

Best,

Chris

EDIT 07/08/14 The new truck is here!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
New member here. Just bought a 2014 Tundra TSS 4x4 crewmax. I've been wanting a tundra for several years now. Just found this site and have been enjoying hours and hours of reading.
View attachment 58168
Hey, what brand are your nerf bars? Still not sure which ones to put on my truck. I prefer the ones that are up close to the truck instead of dropping down on brackets with gaping holes to look through. Yours look pretty good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, my name is Tim...I bought a 2014 Tundra CrewMax 4x4 SR5 with TRD off-road package and TRD dual exhaust about a month ago. I'm new to the Tundra, but am coming off of a Tacoma for the past 7.5 years. So I had to switch from the customtaco forum to here :)

The truck has been on the beach 3 times already and performs equal to or better than the Tacoma in deep sand. One time I even accidentally left it in Rear Wheel and got a half mile, only got stuck when I slowed down!

I have two questions that I'll also ask in the exhaust forum if no one answers here:
1) I've noticed other posts about that stupid hissing noise from the glove box between 1800 and 2300rpm. Does anyone else have the TRD dual exhaust and experience this sound?
2) Will installing the TRD Cold-Air Intake reduce the hissing noise (I'm not willing to rip out the metal screen just yet), and also do you think the TRD Cold-Air intake is even worth the price?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Our Truck.jpg Woo hoo! My truck came early. Picked it up today, ordered wheels for it, and am considering a cat-back. Eventually I'll get bigger tires and my wife really wants running boards. Seeing my 69 year-old mom climbing into it makes me think that's a good idea.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Hello new member here. I just drove off the lot with a 2014 tundra DC 5.7 4X4, Blue Ribbon metalic.
This is my forth Tundra. 2001, 2005, 2007, 2014.
I am a early forties professional married WOMAN. a true southern country girl, who loves her tundras!
My plans are first Nerf bars, bed liner, window tinting. as money permits a 3 inch lift and tires. Nothing drastic as I live in the hot arizona desert and need it to fit my garage.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Just retired in late 2013, bought a travel trailer and the 2013 DC SR5 to pull it. Yeah, most people say you need a diesel, but you don't. I've had a diesel before and didn't want another one. The Tundra pulls my 7,600 lbs just fine, and the other 10 months of the year I don't have to put up with that blasted diesel. In June we pulled the trailer on a 23 day trip from Alabama to Utah - 4400 miles and up to 8,000 feet elevation - and not a single problem. It's done everything we have asked it to do.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer from University of Alabama. I grew up tinkering in the garage on old cars with my dad and still really enjoy that. We've had some kind of 4wheeler since 1973 - 5 big blazers/tahoes, 2 jeeps, a 06 4Runner, and now the Tundra and a 94 Jeep YJ. Also used to have Honda 4 wheelers when our son was at home.

Just replaced the original Goodrich T/A's with Micheline LTX/AT2's. Never liked the T/A's - terrible on wet surfaces and original fairly shallow tread was wearing. Based on the forum discussions here, just 2 weeks ago installed the TRD low-resistance air filter and the TRD "flow accelerator" using the stock air box to hopefully achieve the CAI benefits for a fraction of the cost.

Really want duals because I like the symmetry, but am holding off because I can't afford to lose the low end torque while towing, and very concerned about drone especially when towing. The stock exhaust already drones just a bit when the drivetrain gets in just the right combination of RPM and strain up a hill.

Continuing to research other mod's here to find a balance between the Tundra's stealth reputation and uniqueness. Currently researching wheel spacer pros and cons.

3081 - 3100 of 3177 Posts