Toyota Tundra Forums banner

3181 - 3193 of 3193 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been lurking around without leaving an introduction or maybe I made one but honestly, I can't remember.
I work for an online shop called petstreetmall and there's an on-going up to 30% off discount on selected like litter box enclosure, dog bed, pet crates, and more. Feel free to check it out, guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
Here's my intro and how I found my dream truck! Glad to find a helpful forum to guide me on this journey.
For twenty years I have been Driving Tacoma's (2). One was 1st Gen and the second was 2nd Gen. And all that time I always drooled over Tundras. I knew I wanted one but never thought it would happen.
Well, finally it did. I found a need for more tow capacity after starting an Travel Trailer rental company and REALLY did not want a domestic truck, I love my Toyota's!
I cam across this beauty, of all places, CarMax. Apparently they dont care to educate themselves on Tundra's since, per the Rep, they rarely sale Tundra's.

This is a 2012 with only 42,800 miles, previously owned by a company that rarely drove it. It has the tow package allowing me to two up 7800MAX (OMG that is so much better than the small 3,500MAX on the Tacoma I had.
I am loving it and absolutely floored when I found out it has sway control (Say WHAT!?) AND the option raise and lower the headlights, should have seen me in such surprise. I didn't know it existed.

I'm like a kid with a new toy! :)

·
Registered
14 blue ribbon matalic
1 Posts
Hi All, Long time observer, first time poster. I've in joyed all the good information I've gleaned over a time. Today I'm looking for some advice(information). I had a 14 crewmax, correct, had, Got into a rear end accident, actually in the middle of one. Any how it looks to me that my frame is bent, the space between the top of the bed to the bottom is significant. Does this total the vehicle? There is also fount and rear damage. Thanks for any info. Steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi All, Long time observer, first time poster. I've in joyed all the good information I've gleaned over a time. Today I'm looking for some advice(information). I had a 14 crewmax, correct, had, Got into a rear end accident, actually in the middle of one. Any how it looks to me that my frame is bent, the space between the top of the bed to the bottom is significant. Does this total the vehicle? There is also fount and rear damage. Thanks for any info. Steve
Howdy! How's your truck now? Too bad about the accident. Do you have some pics of the damage?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm back in a Tundra. Sold our 2013 last year and were Tundra-less for about 10 months. We picked up a well used 2008 Double Cab Limited 4x4 with issues for not a whole lot of money and I've spent the last month getting it in decent condition. It drives well for 223k miles and I didn't realize how much I missed the other. I'm not fixing all the bumps and bruises, but it works well. Anyway, here it is:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man, this forum has changed big time. It's been about 15 years since I have been back. My first call sign was TIE YOTA. My password and email has changed since then so forget about trying to fetch the original profile information. It's good to see so much knowledge sharing going on between fellow Tundra owners. It was strong back then and is even stronger now. Will dig up some of my older Yota truck pictures. Currently, I bought a 2019 Tundra Crew Max 4wd last year. Of course I lifted it, put tires on it and just ordered a rear bumper, intake and LEDS headlights and fog lights. Not sure if anybody remembers me or just think I am plain crazy. Probably both. :) Prolly both. It's good to be back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New member we here..
Hello everyone! I’m a new owner of a used 2008 Tundra DC 4x4 4.7 w/150k in good condition.
It’s mostly for work but have always loved the styling since I first seen one in ‘07.
Look forward to reading up on threads specific to my year but will look into others as I get use to this site.
Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself Here

New member here, I am a fleet manager for our company, I have Fords, Dodges, Chevy's , GMC's, Isuzu's, and 1 International, and after seeing the new Tundra down at the Texas State fair last September, it looks like I may soon be buying some 2007 Toyota Tundra's. I was very, very impressed in the new 2007 Regular Cab Long Bed Tundra they had at the show. I have been snooping around the net ever since looking for more details. For me it kinda looks a little odd but the functional side of the truck is the best I have seen. I am very, very impressed this time with what Toyota is bring to the table. The bed dimensions are the best I have found and the cab storage and design is also the best I have found. The new dual VVT 5.7 with that new 6 speed auto, it should get great mileage for what it is, and capable of doing. Well done Toyota.
I'm retired, bought me a 2008 4.7 SRD 4x4 from a welder who on the same day lost his job, his house, his wife. Down to just his Tundra he had to let it go as well. No major complaint except for the triggerhappy brain-dead flatlining Toyatatahaha Limp-Mode, I guess all manufacturers are on the same pills. As far as the manufacturers I 'do' have a problem with them! I get deep snow in winter so had 2" jacks installed to improve ground clearance. Traction in snow SUCKS, I want a standard tranny, in fact everything standard (aka MECHANICAL). Later.

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
61 Posts
Hey everyone. I joined Tundra Solutions in 2009 after I bought my 06 DC. Life happened. For me it was a divorce, a new marriage, 2 kids, a career change and a new city. For my tundra, its had quite a few transformations in regards to wheels and camper shell combinations. Earlier this year, I bought a 2014 tundra. I'd been pining for one for years now. I finally got one.......and I hated it. It wasn't worth the new payments, it was overkill for what I need, kind of boring, its mpgs were garbage, there was no storage space and the bed was too short. I sold it after about 2 months and couldn't be happier. Thank God, I kept my 06 DC. I'm not saying 3rd gens suck, I just discovered the hard way that they aren't for me. I've always loved my 06 DC and this experience really solidified that. I got it with 38k miles and now have around 190k and have done very little in regards to repairs. I now plan to keep it and drive it as long as I can. Ill post a thread in the 1st gen sub forum with photos later.

See yall around.

-Jared

Forgot to mention due to my experience with my DC, I have also have an '03 corolla as my work car and my wife drives a '13 4Runner.

Reactions: Jonesy
3181 - 3193 of 3193 Posts