Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 3191 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself He

hey everyone :)

Quick introduction :) I'm Danny, currently driving a 94 camry and hoping to get a 2007 Tundra really soon :) Keyword: hoping :)

Hopefully I'll be a tundra owner soon :) Til then, i'll be reading up on everybody's experiences :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself Here

Hello
I live in Dubai,U.A.E. and we do a lot of off-roading on nice red sand dunes with our toyotas, i own a 1999 Landcruiser stock, a 2005 landcruiser pick up 4500 efi (not sold in the states) and a 2006 landcruiser swb hardtop 4500 efi (not sold in the states). I recently sold my pick up because i'll be bringing over a regular cab standard bed 5.7. Hope to learn as much as I can from these forums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself Here

Greetings,

I bought an '07 Tundra double cab w/4.7l yesterday. The truck is black interior and exterior - looks sharp! It had all the options I wanted and was just waiting for me on the first dealers lot I visited (TRD, power seat, cold climate pkg, htd mirrors). Toyota really wants the truck market. Not only is the product strong but the dealer discounted heavily and I still got the 3.9% financing.
I looked quite a bit at the Nissan Frontier, Honda Ridgeline and Silverado.
The Tundra replaces my 2003 Dodge 2500 Quadcab, which I sold last week. The Dodge was stripped (ST version) and I wanted something more comfortable, but still able to do some hauling. While the Tundra doesn't have the zoom of the Dodge Hemi, it sure does drive nice.

safe travels,
John

·
Premium Member
48 Posts

Greetings, Tundra lovers.

Dear wife just gave :tu: to selling my Audi A4 POS and buying a 2007 Crewmax LTD, so I took the plunge and subscribed to this excellent site. Now I simply have to go out an buy one. After sending out to the local dealers and getting MSRP offers, I've decided to wait until they hit the lots. I see a lot of DCs sitting around, so they're hardly flying out of the dealerships. I expect the CM will be a bit more scarce, but I'm holding out for a good deal.

Thank you, everyone, for the helpful and entertaining posts.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts

Hey everybody!
First post here and seriously looking into getting an 07 Tundra CM truck. I'm looking to see if there are any serious issues related to the truck in general. Judging by Toyota's historic reliability, I hope that it will continue with this Tundra and that their isn't anything serious that needs to be fixed.
Also looking to get some info on TRD upgrades and some of the more common mods that will be coming out. I like this truck! Looks to be the start of really great things coming for Toyota in the NA truck market.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Howdy. I have been waiting for the 2007 Toyo since rumors first hit. I bought a 07 4x4 Double Cab with Longbed around Feb 20th 2007. It is awesome for farm and ranch work.

I bought my first new Toyota in 1989 in Seattle (new style SR5 pre-Tacoma moniker with 3.0 V6). Had to sell it around 1996 when we accidentally blew it up down on the farm (oxy/acetylene tank problemo). It still ran when I sold it even though it didn't have any windows and the bed was deformed from explosion. Next Toyo was a 2001 Sequoia when they first hit for the wife. Now the '07 Tundra.

I still have a '05 Silverado 2500HD 2WD with Duramax diesel and two '05 4WD Ford Powerstroke diesels. I turned one of the Fords over to one of my foremen so I could get my new Tundra and the other two domestic trucks are driven by my brother and another foreman.

I got the 4x4 Tundra long bed for utility reasons (as an added plus the new Tundra looks like a real truck with the long bed and DCab). I also insisted on a split bench seat as I loathe buckets/captains type arrangements. We use work trucks on the farm and all the interior and exterior space matters to us so no center consoles (except for the fold-down seat type) and gotta have a long bed for cargo and better trailering. There were no non-regular cab trucks like this in Texas so I had to drive over to New Mexico where that region has trucks like we wanted in stock. It came with Sonar, Bluetooth JBL stereo, towing mirrors and cold kit along with the 275 tire size upgrade. Good stuff and not useless "extra-mile" type crap and tape stripes like the Texas distributor puts on all their trucks. I swear the Gulf States Toyota configuration person must be a suburban soccer mom, a cholo, or both.

While my ideal farm/work truck would be white with a grey interior, the one I bought was Desert Sand Mica with tan cloth interior. That was my second-best exterior color and it has really grown on me. Our soil types are very light colored and the Mica seems to match it pretty well although I doubt the paint will be as cool as white in our 100 degree+ weather. We have to absolutely stay away from dark colors here.

Since buying the truck I added OEM fog lamps, OEM backup camera system and auto-dimming rear-view mirror with compass. I also went for a Rhino Liner spray-in bed liner and OEM Tundra bedmat. I was kind of caught up in the new truck purchase thing and was spending money like it grows on trees (I am a pecan farmer coincidentally). I like all added options but the camera only works in Reverse (doh...hence the name, silly). It would be nice if it would work in Neutral and in Drive when the speed is under 1 or 2mph so trailer tounge hookups could be kept in view during the jockeying process.

During harvest we haul one and sometimes two tandem 12,000lb pecan trailers. They have no tounge weight (steering front axles) and are basically dead pulls at under 20mph. I pulled some of these with the old 3.0 taco (ouch on the clutch and don't even try to stop). I regularly pulled some with my 2000 5.3 2WD Silverado and the diesel trucks mentioned above. We'll see how the new Tundra handles this next fall but I think it will do awesome based on 3,000 miles of experience so far.

Look forward to learning all I can on the forums while trying to avoid typical and predictable flamers and trolls.

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts

Former Tacoma owner... (SOBs stole it). However, I am very excited to announce my purchase of an '07 DC Tundra Limited.... Got it yesterday and can't wait to drive it again (after work).. :D

·
Premium Member
11 Posts

Thanks for the welcome. I've been visiting the site and I am very impressed, very helpful, knowledgeable group.
Just got my SR5 DC long bed 5.7. Came off lot with Pkg C and Line X'd. I've added camera and am thinking about adding fog lamps. I am satisfied as of now. Honeymoon period.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
56 Posts

Hey all,

I just got a 2007 Tundra DC 5.7 TRD in Silver Sky Metallic and I love it. This is my first truck as I needed a truck to pull my motorcycle trailer. I could have gotten an SUV but I'm not a big SUV fan and have always wanted a truck.

I traded in my 2002 Mercedes S430 that I had since 2002. I am very very happy with this truck and I love it. I had 20" Brabus Monoblock IV's on my S430 and it was dropped so it looked pretty good but I get more compliments with the Tundra then I did with my Benz.

I plan on getting a Line-X liner, bed rails w/cleats, running board, and exhaust for now. I'm also thinking about getting an A.R.E. tonneau cover when they become available.

Well, thanks to everyone for all the great info on this forum. I'll post up some pics of the truck as soon as I can.

Danny

·
Registered
110 Posts

Hello, new to the site. Last week I took delivery on my '07 Tundra SR5 Dblcab 5.7 black with sand biege interior.

Long time Toyota fan, but recent convert from full size GM trucks. I used to say that if Toyota ever builds a full size, I'll have to buy one. I held off the Gen 1 Tundra, but can't deny the new one.

I've only put a couple hundred miles on it so far, but is has already exceeded my expectations!

Looking to learn more about this truck, and make some acquaintances while I'm at it.

Ubob

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Hello all, name is Will and Im hoping to buy an 07 Tundra before long. Im currently driving an 05 Dodge Ram but am in the process of selling/trading it in. I test drove a Tundra a couple days ago and was really impressed and liked it alot. Look forward to posting on here and getting to know everybody.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself He

Hi all! I'll be coming from a Porsche 911, MB CLK430, Porsche Boxster S, and now BMW e46 M3 coupe. I like my cars fast and i value very high quality. I have never owned a pure truck but I have had a few SUVs. My goal is to get a 2007 Limited Ed. 4x4 Tundra CrewMax. And use it as a daily driver and road trip vehicle for the fam. Im a city boy but have been known to go off roading once in a while. I hope the 5.7 Tundra will be the right truck for me.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Hello,forum!Switching from compact to full!Just bought CrewMax LTD,can't wait for delivery :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
162 Posts

Great site -- love it. Membership fee is very reasonable. I'm really interested in reading and learning more about the new 2007 Toyota Tundra. I have my own website devoted to the new truck with Tundra reviews and info, but I don't have a forum feature and I plan on sending visitors to this site.

Thanks for taking the time to create this site! Looking forward to participating!

·
Registered
1 Posts

wassup everyone, just got myself a new 2007 tundra and thought i join the community.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hello everyone. Just trying to figure out my next truck. I am looking for something that is a great daily driver and can pull a jeep on a trailer 6-8 times a year. I am trying to decide between the Tundra and even some diesel's. I know that the diesel's will do great at towing but I am not sure if I need that much truck or will be happy with a diesel as a daily driver. I know that I will be happy driving the Tundra everyday. Just need to find out if I will be happy towing with it.

Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
New to forum

Just want to say hi to everyone on the forum. I have just purchased my 2nd Tundra. I picked up a new 2007 TRD SR5 Dbl Cab 4X4 5.7L in Silver last week. I have been patiently waiting for the new generation after watch the internet for the last year. I am big fan of Toyotas and love the reliability. The new truck is a big step up from my 2000 access cab. The 5.7 motor and 6 speed trany is awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello everyone.Just purchased a 2007 Tundra,Slate in color,4.7 SR5,double cab,off road package.This is my first Toyota.My previous 2 trucks were Dodge Rams.So far I've been happy ,however today my tailgate wouldn't open.Anyone have this problem yet?The tailgate is newly designed with the hydraulic type assist that makes it effortless to open,its been great and now this happened.I can't get in to have it checked out till next week and was just curious if anyone has heard of this happening yet.

21 - 40 of 3191 Posts