Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 3191 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself Here

I have been on the board about a week. I ordered my 07 Tundra on 3/15/07. I look forwars to reading all the good info on this board.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself Here

aloha tundra maniacs,

I want to get some mods on my exhaust,what is the best and what is the safest to get for mods without doing funny things to my torque,gas milage,and engine in general.Info would be appreciated and i really like the sound of the flowmaster super 40 series what do you guys think.:ts:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

New member today. 2007 tundra 5.7 Double Cab. Nice site. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hello Everyone! I purchased a new 07 tundra about three weeks ago. I've owned six chevrolet trucks in the past ten years and anxiously awaited the new 07 silverado, but held out in hopes of a six speed transmission coming soon. One day I made the mistake of stopping in and test driving the new tundra and haven't looked back. This is one awesome truck, Salsa red pearl 5.7, DC, TRD. I look forward to contributing to the site.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Just joined this a couple of days ago. Need to get as much info on Tundras, as I'm planning a purchase when I return from the Gulf next year.

Was leaning toward a Dodge ram with the Cumions diesel, a bullet proof engine, but diesel prices are way more than premium gas, I don't plan on any heavy towing, so that diesel would be wasted. I wish Toyota would put some diesels in their American trucks. Here, there are plenty of T. diesels, burn clean and great milage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself He

Hey all, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Black '07 Tundra DCab Limited with TRD package. I'm not new to the toyota world but this is my first truck and psyched to be getting it soon. Because this is such a new model I'd greatly appreciate any info on new aftermarket products out there so please post anything you come across. See you in the forums.
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts

Another newbie here, don't own a Tundra yet, still doing my research on the new 07's.....

Come from a pretty extensive line of sports cars, deciding to get into trucks since Colorado has crummy weather and to help tow my two sportbikes.

Anyways, looking forward to the new truck probably within a couple of months.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi Tundra people,
Recently traded my 04 solara for a 07 tundra dc sr5 4x4 with the 5.7.
I have owned many toyota cars but no trucks until now. I can now get rid of my F-150 since toyota has made a serious towing truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts

I just bought a 2007 DC SR5 2WD in Nautical Blue on Monday. After one Dodge and two Chevrolet trucks, I'm hoping this new truck has that legendary Toyota quality. It sure seems put together well so far (2 days!).

·
Registered
79 Posts

Hey fellow tundra owners!
I just bought an 07 DC 4.7 Limited with Nav/Camera/JBL, TRD Dual Exhaust, Silver with Red Rock Leather. Its everything I wanted and more!

·
Registered
24 Posts

Hello everyone.... I just found this board yesterday and I'm currently buying my first Tundra. I was catching little blurps about not being able to order a tundra.... Which I did..... I think..... and that's what I need to find out..

Just thought I should post here first and say Hi.....

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi All

This is my first post on any forum. I have found this forum to be very interesting and informative. I am very interested in the new Tundra.

I guess I was a Ford person if anything. Grew up in an F100, had an F150 and when I moved to the city got a Sportrac. Had a Blazer with road churning tires. Went through a period of German cars with Porsche and Audi. Now I am getting back to my roots with a full size truck towing a trailer. When I decided to buy a new truck started to spec them out fully expecting to get a new F150. by comparison the new Tundra specs out so much better.

In my younger days I was a truck driver. 20-30k GVW farm trucks with 10 speeds and splitters. Kenworth, Peterbilt, Ford and old FWD's. We did have Toys running around the fields and they were tough. They were tin cans bacl then but they never quit and never broke. We would drive them till their bodies were floating in the mud, pull them out with tractors and drive them again.

No Truck is perfect and I've learned to live with their idiosyncasies and still love my truck. Toyota's come a long way and I look forward to getting to know my new Tundra.

Thanks for all the great info from all the posters.

b0bcat

·
Registered
38 Posts

Hello eveyone! I found this site and love it. I am trying to buy a new 07 SR5 5.7 TRD 4x2, or 4x4 but can't get away from the SET and Gulf states. Hopefully I will sell my 06 F250 so I dont get ripped to bad at the dealer.
Anyway great info on the site! Lot of members that help me make some difficult decisions either from there experience or others. :ts:

·
Registered
79 Posts

Have stopped by before for suggestions on my '02 Tundra DC before but never posted. I traded in the '02 with 147,692 miles for a new '07 last week. Got the Double cab, SR5, 5.7, 4x4, TRD package, tow package.

Not many miles to report but love it. Mileage still low, but not broke in yet. The larger mirrors that came with the tow package are hard to get used to, create a lot of drag, and make it hard to park- but they look so darn cool! I have gone 4-wheelin with it already, yes there was carnage, only the skidplate though. Did fine, but the tires will be changed when time comes. The TA's don't clean themselves very well in mud. No outer grooves.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Congratulations to Tundra '07 owners! I am in the process of buying one also. Would appreciate any insights on length of wait between ordering one and actual delivery, and also the amount over dealer invoice that you had to pay. We live in Hood River Oregon. Thanks, and keep on truckin' !:D

·
Registered
18 Posts

Hello all! My name is Dean and I just picked up a 2007 V6 4x2 reg cab standard bed. I'm envious of you who own the higher spec trucks, but this is what I need and can afford right now. With pricing and incentives, I'm pretty sure this truck was sold under the published invoice price!

Anyhow, I really like the stance of the regular cab, standard bed truck and look forward to customizing it a bit to make it my own. It's a blank canvas!

This is my third Toyota truck (bought my first in 1987) and having owned Ford, Chevy and GM trucks in the past, I am stunned at the quality, refinement and value this truck provides.

I'm an Information Security engineer for my day job, and teach Motorcycle Safety Foundation courses on the weekends. My life pretty much revolves around motorcycles and this truck will be used frequently to haul my bikes here and there.

Here's a pic I took this morning:

·
Registered
23 Posts

Greetings from Northern Minnesota. Will be purchasing a CrewMax Limited 5.7 4x4 (hopefully) shortly, and came here for more knowledge than can be obtained from the literature. Looking forward to learning how to get the best truck I can.

:tu:

·
Registered
7 Posts

Just an Alberta Boy, Ordered my 07 Tundra D cab 6 passenger a few weeks ago. Delivery around the first week in May, can't for my new ride.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself He

[FONT=&quot]Hi, I just brought home my new 07 Tundra Double Cab 4X4 XR5 w/Towing Pkg. (7,800#) 4.7L iMax V8, last Friday from the dealer I purchased it from (on the internet) David Maus Toyota in Sanford, Fl. I now have a whole 189 miles on it so I don't even know what kind of mileage I'm going to get.

I have been hot to purchase a 76-85' Hunter 27' SD(shallow draft) sailboat for the last couple of years I have come to the opinion that when I finally find one in the equipment and condition I need I will have to travel quite some distance and trailer it back Florida. The trailer idea also kind of fits a storage solution here in Daytona Beach as about 25% of all the marina slips have been bought up and removed from public use etc. So slips are not not available but marinas and boat yards are also in great demand etc..

So there has been some concern about where I'm going to store a 27' sail boat for the 5 or 6 months I'm back up north. My new solution is on a trailer. I can keep the trailer with boat on it in the compound provided in the adult community in which we live. Now of course I know that I could hire the boat transport out but I'll also need a great truck to do the launching and retrieval as well as the storage of the boat once it gets here etc.

The plot really thickens when you factor in that I also have a 22'6" Sea Ray as well as a double trailer with 2 jet ski’s back up north.

So sort of out of nowhere my wife says to me a couple of weeks ago that I should really consider a new truck! However

Because we weren’t really thinking of purchasing a new vehicle in Florida this has caused some concerns. Like In 2 weeks we travel some 1,250 miles to Holland’s Cove, on Lake Ontario 2 miles from Pultneyville NY , (upstate) NY.

I quickly went on to Craig’s List and found a good used tow dolly (MasterTow) and plan on towing my Cadillac DeVille back to Upstate NY.

This trip should be a good towing shake down cruise etc. Normally i wouldn’t set out on this long of a trip with an unproven solution, however I have really been impressed with Toyota’s commitment to building a great truck etc. I'm going to do it on blind faith.

Any ideas comments etc would be welcomed.

Regards,

WALTERJ7
P.S. I just love this truck, it has much more than I would ever want for a work vehicle and almost as much stuff as my Caddy. This truck rides pretty fine also.[/FONT]

·
Premium Member
6 Posts

Hello,
Brand new to forums, long time toyota owner. Just purchased 07 Tundra DC Ltd.. So far I love everything but the mpg. Have 5k miles on it & getting 12.5, 3k with small trailer (to Phx & back). Does this seem low?
Thanks
Steve:confused:

41 - 60 of 3191 Posts