Toyota Tundra Forums banner

741 - 760 of 797 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I'm Eric from the West Texas Desert where we have no public land but plenty of oil field lease roads!!! I used to live in Cali back in the 80's and hope to make my way back to Socal someday. I have built 4 other prerunners over the years since the early 2000s. Hope to contribute, learn and discuss . :grin2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all, got an 06 DC last June and have been poking around here getting info and ideas ever since. Timing belt, water pump done 110k. Got rid of being tpms light. In the middle of LED upgrade. Thanks to all for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I'm new here

I have a 2005 Tundra with the 4.7L. I recently had my cam seals replaced and now i have very loud valve noise on the passenger side, it sounds like a diesel engine at idle. you can't hear the noise inside the cab. Is this a timing issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow tundra people! From Baton Rouge, LA and have a 2002 Tundra which I bought back in February. Love reading the upgrades everyone is doing to their rigs and hope to do the same. Here is my tundra. I leveled the front so far with bilstiens and put new tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
GotGass, you got a truck or what's the deal?
Hello guys. I'm a new registered member of this site. I own a 2006 Toyota tundra SR5 access cab 2 WD 4.7 liter V8 engine with 182000 miles.
Just 3 days ago I brought my truck in to have the secondary air injection pump replaced. When I brought it in to my mechanics , the check engine light had not gone off yet.
I get my truck back everything is hunky Dory. One trip to the store and just yesterday I started it up in the afternoon , 10 seconds later I hear this loud noise resembling an air exhaust off road vehicle.
Check engine light comes on and now my truck is in limp mode. Could it be that my mechanic could have over looked something while replacing the old secondary air injection pump?
I know it's a little early to find that out since I do not have hand held testing equipment to find out what the code is but from what I'm reading , something as easy as an air valve could have been overlooked?
Dough he told me that every thing was blown out of the area surrounding the pump (that which is pretty vague) I will be bringing the truck back to him to get down to the bottom of this , tomorrow .I dread that he would have to tear everything apart again and charge me another arm and a leg. I'll post the aftermath of my dealing with this problem later. I read something about installing the bypass module once the problem fixed and I have a question regarding that matter.: Once I install the plug and play bypass module , can it be uninstalled to put everything back the way it was , in order to pass smog? Any suggestions are welcomed and I thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, new member from Tucson, AZ...Bear Down Wildcats!
I joined because of the 1gen brake upgrade post. Looks to be an awesome forum, looking to learn a lot and maybe contribute if I know the subject!

I have a 2002 SR5 Tundra and love her!

·
Registered
8 Posts
new member here! just picked up my 05 sequoia a few weeks ago, already found great info on the forum to get my build started!! Any tips on uploading pictures? tried hosting though photo bucket but no luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I'm in Los Angeles. Toyota truck owner since 1986 because I didn't know better before then. Currently increasing the 250,000 miles on my '02 Tundra.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, just picked up an '01 Tundra for basic dump and lumberyard runs, I expect it to be a good reliable truck for New Hampshire weather. It's a Limited access cab 4wd, had the frame recall done, 154k on the 4.7. First Toyota in many many years. I do tax work and teach accounting at the college level for a living, otherwise my spare time is taken playing with old motorcycles and playing with cars. I look forward to being here from time to time!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone, decided to join as my local forum site has disappeared. I have an 03 Tundra Regular cab, it is my only vehicle so it's my dd and weekend explorer. Got some upcoming mods I'd like to share and hopefully learn some more along the way. I'm from Ontario and do get out wheeling, currently trying to decide on a remedy for my blown 5100 up front so I'm staying on the pavement(trying to at least) until I get everything sorted:smile2:

Attachments

741 - 760 of 797 Posts