Toyota Tundra Forums banner

761 - 780 of 806 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone!
This is Patico from Costa Rica!
I just laid my hands on a 1st Gen 2002 Access Cab Tundra.
I've been driving it for just 4 days, but I'm already in love with the truck.

I joined the forum to learn more about this truck, and if possible, help a little bit other fellow members.

See you around!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New. From North of Houston Tx

2nd Tundra

Silver 2011 2Wheel Drive SR5 CrewMax TRD from New until last week.

Last week traded 2011 for 2018 SR5 Blazing Blue 2 Wheel Drive Texas Edition

Big differences seem to be better dash configuration, Entune Suite and NAV is awesome.

Safety features are very nice also

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy!

Proud owner of a “new to me” 2010 Tundra CM Rock Warrior. Western WA

I’m in love... :love2:

Details to be added to profile shortly

PG

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings from Vermont. I'm the original owner of a 2005 regular cab Tundra, 2wd with the 4.0 in Dessert Sand Mica. I've done most of my driving for the last 10 years on a 2007 Yaris (recently upgraded to a 2017 Mazda 3), so the Tundra only has 39,000 miles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just found this site. I used to have a T-100 and now have a Tundra 02 base longbed. Hope to get help as a few things are starting to go weird at 260K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New guy to this site. I have a 2015 5.7 CM, 2WD, TRD Off-Road and numerous other vehicles in my stable.

I'm happy to be here.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brit living in Houston

I have had my Tundra SR5 since new in 2000.
I love this vehicle.
Speed, power, refined and above all reliable.
I never thought I would ever kill this amazing beast.
It has pulled my trailer for many years and been a great dependable work truck.

I finally caused it to have a fatal injury.
My wife had a stroke before Xmas and I have been beating this vehicle up. Stop, start, speed...you name it.
Tranny finally went.
Seeking a solution to see if I can save it.
Whilst Tundras of these early years have really kept their value mine hasn't because it was a work truck.

Depreciation be damned...Thank You Toyota.
If there is ever a way we should judge vehicles is on how bad they depreciate.
I see good Tundras with 120K miles from 2000 era selling for $3K average and twice that at dealers.

Contrast that to a 2004 Jag XJ8 VDP I bought at bankruptcy auction. I thought I had a good deal at $1K.
Oh what a horrendous mistake.
What a terribly over engineered vehicle. You don't see many because they are worth more dead than alive.
Here is a vehicle costing some 4 X more than the lowly Tundra and yet is worth less today than a decent condition 2000 yr model truck.

I will buy another Tundra and I love that old style. It has plenty of room inside and is big enough on outside.
The latest models are just overkill IMO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I have 2001 Sequoia with with a little over 400k on it. Was turned on to the forum by speed 3000gt's YouTube video. Will be using the how-to alot, so I can, (with luck) get another 400k on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Armando P
Lurking for several years. Finally need to sell my Tundra which is ironic that now I make an introduction.

Anyways, its a 2012 TRD Sport DC in Red with tons of mods, making around 600 crank HP.Between 533 and 565 to the wheels depending on the day and dyno.

Supercharger
upper pulley
lower pulley
headers
dirty deeds full stainless dual 3"
IPT transmission
Auburn
a bunch of other stuff.

Whenever I egt up to the number of posts I need Ill try to remember to come back and post the link and pics.

Armando

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello all. Thanks for access to your active forum (too many good forums are fading away because of fb groups, ew) and am glad to be here.

On Friday I picked up a "new" family hauler which can also tow a few of my cars around as needed. Has a few scratches and some miles, but a recent new frame and many other new parts while it was getting swapped.

*I cannot add photo URLs yet

761 - 780 of 806 Posts