Toyota Tundra Forums banner

781 - 794 of 794 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone.
Just found this site. I have a 03 Tundra, 4.7 v8.SR5. I love it but I've began to start having problems here and there. Drivers door handle just broke right off, first the inside then the outside. Power steering pump went out. And I have a slow leak in the front main seal! Like I said, I love it but it's getting expensive!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from North East Tennessee. I bought a 2006 Tundra Limited DC back in April of 18, 205,000 then, 236k+ now. This forum has been very helpful, glad y'all are here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just wanted to check and see if anyone has had any luck with having an over the rail bed liner “lineX or rhino liner “ installed. What I’m thinking is removing the factory plastic caps and having the holes filled prior the being coated.
Has anyone had any positive or negative outcomes from doing this?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, First time Tundra owner veteran Toyota Owner.

I was looking for a pickup that could be used as a Family Workhorse, Of course I was going to get a Toyota, and I stumbled on a Tundra SR5 V6 that the Previous owner was doing the minimum he could to keep it running, He was asking a very low price, and to me It was a Diamond in the rough, It had a laundry list of small and some major things that needed to be attended to that "if you didn't know any better" would scare most people away, The Power steering pump was seized and there was a pinhole leak in the high pressure line, the A/C blower motor was grinding so loud that they stopped using the A/C (In Florida, mind you!) The brakes were unusually spongy and would take at least 3 pumps to get the pedal high enough to stop the truck comfortably. and besides all that, the engine had a bad oil leak. I took 2 hours pressure washing the engine and then I started on the power steering pump and high pressure line, I was able to get a new pump for 66.00 and the High pressure line for 105.00, after install the power steering was working with no leaks or whining, next was the Blower motor, I was able to get a new one for 28.00 and it literally took 10 min to install, the easiest blower motor I have ever installed in any Toyota much less any other car. next was the Front brakes, I bought a kit off ebay from Detroit Axle for 68.00 ( rotors, ceramic pads, fluid and brake cleaner) thankfully all the hardware was still intact and I was able to R&R the front brakes without issue in about an hour or so, But, the brakes were still spongy, I Bled the brakes to no avail, So I decided to pull the rear Drums and lo and behold, the brakes looked beautiful all the hardware looked completely new from the E brake to all the springs and even the pads themselves I just cleaned them and re anti seized some areas and then I discovered the problem, on the Passengers rear brake the automatic brake adjuster was installed improperly. it wasn't seated against the adjustment cog, all I had to do was re-seat the part and run out the adjuster and it was all good. Oh, yeah? the Oil leak, well that was just loose valve cover gaskets. (one more thing, the previous owner in December had the water pump, radiator and hoses replaced so that was all new.
I was able to purchase The Tundra for $2000.00 and all repair parts including a new radio costs me around just shy of $300.00. 2000.00 Plus 300.00 in parts and a ton of elbow grease and I have a pretty great running Tundra with Ice cold air and a nice Bluetooth head unit. Overall I think this project turned out to be a major success!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello all,

I am adopting the maintenace and future care of my father's 2004 4wd RCLB With welded to frame aluminum tradesman box. It has 278000 miles and he is the first owner. He recently retired, and loves the box and the truck is reliable. However he has done little to maintain it over the years. The cost of cuttting his box off and starting fresh is not realistic, as customers no longer subsidize the bills. He just wants it to be a second truck/ v8 tow machine/ heavy lumber hauler/ 2000 mile journey twice a year reliable rig. Yeah, but the weight of his tools alone is a lot, and even 1000 miles is a long journey for any car, much less towing through the SW desert region we live in. So I'm gonna need so old timers help that know this era/machine. So here I am. I know a couple things, but I am no car guru. Let's see if we can learn from eachother. Here a re a couple pics.

Wow, that rear view looks like the front right wheel is jacked. Gonna have to go look at that, drives straight as an arrow, but that image makes me nervous.

Sorry if the pics, are not sized properly, I don't know the standards here yet, nor do I know how your site works.

Oh yeah, and nice to meet anyone left in the ancient Tundra threads.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, there. New guy to forum. Driving a 07 Tundra with the famous 4.7. My first gen 2000 had 355,000 on it's 4.7 before it hit the light pole, still runs but not driveable. So I just got the 07 and at 117,000 miles broke a leaf spring. So just put in Alcan springs with Bilsteins and all is good. Nothings perfect, but love my Tundra. 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fellow Tundra enthusiasts. I appreciate all of you, your dedications and the help that you provided over all of these threads. I've been on here for a minutes but I figured since I've finally gotten a little deeper into the following its time to be a serious member. If there is anything that I can help with, don't hesitate. I like Tundras (obviously), guns and sarcasm!

·
Registered
2019 Tundra SR5 CrewMax
1 Posts
Well, here I am. A new transplant from another brand of truck and made the transformation to Toyota. Had lots of Toyotas in my past (Tacoma, 4 Runner, and Tundra back in 2000.) tried the rest and came back to the best. I have a 2019 Tundra SR5 CrewMax in Black with a 6" lift and lots of goodies as well. Looking forward to reading others' posts and learning more about these 3rd generation Tundras, my last Tundra was a 2000 Ivan Stewart edition....drove it right off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings - just acquired a 2002 SR5 Access Cab. A SoCal vehicle with no frame rust! In good condition but already doing lots of little things to make it "right". New HVAC knobs, changed the dash lighting with some addition of LED's. Steering rack bushing replacement (learned a few things and did a few "hasty" things that caused rework).

Looking forward to years of use with the new-to-me Tundra.

781 - 794 of 794 Posts