Toyota Tundra Forums banner
481 - 500 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi folks,

Not yet a Sequoia owner, but hope to be shortly. Looking to move up from a Frontier. Have some questions, will post a new thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.
What a great site, although I hope I've posted in the right section!!!
I'm currently working as an ex-pat in the Middle East, and am on the hunt for a 2013/14 (up to 50k km) Toyota Sequoia (probably Middle East base spec model SR5)
I've tried a few SUV's out here, the best being the Nissan Armada, however there were common and often expensive fault fixes for that motor and the after sales/ servicing was shambolic. Speaking to folks over here, it seems there is only one brand to acquire, and that's Toyota.

A few questions for you all:

1. What are your thoughts on the Sequoia from a mechanical/ engineering perspective?
2. What should I look out for?
3. Any common faults/issues?
4. What will be the most expensive fixes?
5. Is the 'legendary' Toyota build/ reliability true or is it over garnished hype?
6. What other eligible 7/8 seat contenders are worth considering?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Everyone !

For the holiday's, I traded in my wife's '09 SRT8 Jeep GC for a new Silver Sequioa. We have a second child on the way and needed something larger and more civilized than the Jeep and the Toyota definitely fit the bill.

We are driving it home to Florida in the morning from our place in Chicago. It's been snowing all day but should clear up by then. I'm looking forward to getting it down south so, I can starting 'tinkering' with it. I'll swap out the wheels/tires, de-chrome (grille, mirrors, and door handles), add fender flares, tint, ect.

So far, we're loving everything about it !

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm a tundra owner. I'm wanting to trade for a Sequoia. I'm looking into a 2015 but I really want to be able to lift it. Does anyone know of any companies that make lift kit for brand new sequoias?? The Toyota dealership only offers leveling kits. Any info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: '04 SR5, just bought today!

Hola,
Bought my first Sequoia in 2004 (a silver Limited). I put 145K miles on it and it drove like new. I currently own a 2011 Platinum, the best family hauler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: '04 SR5, just bought today!

Not many updates since 2/25 on this thread. New proud Sequoia owner here, I have traded in my 4runner and purchased a Sequoia. I own a 2007 Tundra and you can definitely tell these trucks are related! The Tundra has become the farm truck and will be utilized in that regard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys. Former '11 DC RW TUndra owner here. New kid, new ride. Just bought a Pyrite Mica '14 Sequoia Limited in November. Miss the Tundra as I had several electrical and interior mods, but oh well. Just wanted to say hi. Have a couple issues I'm gonna post about in the general forum.

Chuck

·
Registered
8 Posts
New on board, Just purchased a 2004 sequoia SR5 4WD w/ 166000 miles. She's a beauty. Very excited and can't wait to upgrade her up with some aftermarket parts in the near future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New owner here. Just picked up a new (to me) 2012 SR5. Pretty much the basic package (wife wouldn't agree to leather), with what I think is a "Sport Package" (second row captain chairs and beautiful 20" rims). It is a "Toyota Certified" vehicle with 23K. So far - loving it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. Long time Toyota family and looking for the best parts to toss on the Sequoia. I hope to find good information and helpful reviews on products.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Sequoia owners. My wife and I just bought a 2006 Sequoia SR5 with less than 100k. So far it's a perfect addition to our family. See you around!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey All, I wish I found this site a long time ago. Purchased my wife's Sequoia Limited new in 2008 which now has approx. 85k miles. Good to see so much 2nd generation info here! Can't wait to browse some more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys. Welcome me in. I am Sameer from Oman?Middle East Asia (look for the country next to Yemen in the world map).
I own my 2012 Sequoia from the day i got it from the dealer in 2012. It has completed 100,000km today. I have done no modifications on it at all. By searching in the forum and reading, i already found answers to my two questions which i joines the forum for (regarding swaping tores and lift kits).
Hope i will have a great time here

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2003 sequoia with 241000 miles on it runs like a charm. just did the normal stuff ,, fixed the back door handle , overhead console button, now on to the stuck cd player, and the light in the shift indicator, o ya and the drivers side crack in the exhaust manifold, than I should be go to go, this site is great for information on how to fix the thing yourself,

·
Registered
113 Posts
After lurking on this board for a few months and pestering a local Seq owner w/ questions (lol) ...I FINALLY just picked up a 2013 Limited w BluRay. I think it may have Platinum wheels! It looks/sounds/drives great! I need to get used to it's size when driving around the city --- but I love it already! 11898567_10207386974450261_2306671607040273278_n.jpg

Things I will be doing:
- Getting Driver mirror to fold (I think when dealer put new mirror on, they either got the wrong part or didnt connect it)
- Getting Floormats (Weathertech all weather for front, liners for 2nd & 3rd row, and Seq rubber liner for back)
- Getting a new alarm with remote start (Has anyone tried EasyGo or the 2-way Viper?)
- Updating Headlights to Projector Xenon
- Upgrading interior lights to LED.

Two questions:

1. I am not sure if it has remote start. How would I do this from the remote?
2. Trunk Light --- how do I keep it on when unloading items from trunk?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey all new to the forum, currently have a 2006 sequoia, 96 4runner and about to buy a 16 Tundra.

The 4runner has been good to me but I have not been good to her, oil every 15k breaks every few years and a starter at 100k, the has someplace over 200k on her now and has more dents then a golf ball but starts every time.
The sequoia I have only had for a few years and have treated a lot better, she only has about 90k on her and has never skipped a beat, we went with a gen 1 because we couldn't stand the look of the gen 2, looks too close to the 2004 POS Durango we had the misfortune of owning for a few years, I have really not done any mods to her but am currently looking for a source for after market plate bumpers front and rear, I will then replace the suspension, something like a 2"-3" lift.

The Tundra wil be my first new rig and I'm toying with holding off till 2017 model year when they allow quicksand on the SR5 models, I would do the TRD Pro but I want the bench seat and that really limits my options.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi There,
I have a 2010 Sequoia Platinum. Love the truck, sometimes mistake it for a sports car. Want to add the supercharger one day :)>:)

Live in Northern VA btw.
Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everybody, getting back into fourm addiction. Spent a lot of time on Toyota nation with my Tacoma, ? since sold.
Think sequoia will be my new truck.

Sent from my 402SO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

New to the forum - Just purchased a 2016 Sequoia Platinum, black with graphite interior. This is my first Sequoia, and while I've only had it for 5 days, I am completely in love with it. Still trying to figure out what all it does/has, I'm sure this forum will help.

Jmo

481 - 500 of 574 Posts