Toyota Tundra Forums banner
521 - 540 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I am new to the forum scene, but I have read a few of these, so I joined! I, my wife, has an '08 Sequoia Platinum, that we love. I gave up my Jeep and my street bike for a family mobile that can tow the trailer and run the kids around every day. I would like to bump up the stance a bit, but am having troubles finding a lift kit that can lift the rear with the airbags. I think I saw something about moving the sensor to get the computer to fill the airbags more to get a taller stance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone...apparently I signed up for this forum a long time ago...in any case, just bought a new 2016 Sequoia Limited a few months back. Been a Toyota fan forever and have owned a Tacoma, Camry, 4Runner, and now the Sequoia. Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings all, I'mnow in Plymouth Mass, just moved here from central Mass. near the start of the Marathon to be closer to oceancommunities and estuary fishing. Bought& ordered the first Jade green Seq in Nov 2000, against dealer suggestions- they wanted me to buy off-lot inventory - black, white or silver - untilsales rep saw the lovely deep green show up. Put on 247,000 miles until frame-rust problems required too may related repairs: brake lines, welded pumpkin holes, new gastank etc. So in 2014 I searchedauctioneer's web site and found a 2010 with 100k miles on it and had it shippedin - owners manual never even opened. Exceeded expectations. Pull a 6,5000 lb boat - huge improvement from weaker 4.7L 2000 Seq engine! Toyota stood by and supported me during the rust-years so happy to move to a newer Seq. Just renewed Sirius radio too - they have a great 6 month $50 promo going on, perfect for fly fishing trip to Yellowstone.

>>>> But now Iplan a cross country trip and Im looking to see how to remove 2nd and 3rd rowseats - how big a job, any good YouTube videos to recommend?

Appreciateyour comments / suggestions. Happy Summer 2017.
Thanks all,

Welcome to Tundra Solutions!

We are always happy to see a new member onboard TS.com, please feel free to post on this thread and introduce yourself. If you have recently purchased a new Sequoia, pop a post and tell us about your new ride.

Be sure to check out all the various forums that have information on the care of your Sequoia. If you have not yet signed up as a Club Member, you may want to consider becoming one to have total access to ALL the forums on TS.

Click on Join The Club for information.

If you need any help or assistance please feel free to PM any of the
TS.com Team Moderators.

Once again, welcome to Tundra Solutions! We will be looking forward to your postings.

Simias (Chris) and Boone (Dan)
Part of your TS.com Team

·
Registered
493 Posts

>>>> But now Iplan a cross country trip and Im looking to see how to remove 2nd and 3rd rowseats - how big a job, any good YouTube videos to recommend?

Appreciateyour comments / suggestions. Happy Summer 2017.
Thanks all,

Welcome to the forum. A few of us have permanently removed the third row for more cargo space. Probably much too inconvenient for temporary duty. The following threads may be helpful if you decide to go that route:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/sequoia/131442-platinum-removing-3rd-row-seats-space/

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/sequoia/129152-soundproofing-project/

Lots of other threads you can search for about swapping second row seats in or out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New guy here. Brian from San Antonio, Texas. Just purchased my 2016 Toyota Sequoia SR5 after trading in my '12 Tundra due to the addition of our fourth kiddo (needed the room). Happy to still retain my 4x4 and V8 with the addition of the third row. Looking to upgrade the suspension and tires on it soon still weighing my options out on what to get. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Sequoia owner here. Sold our beloved 2012 runner with 75k on the clock after we took our first trip after our 2nd kid. Just wasn't enough room for convenience with the runner. So got that sold and flew 750 miles and drove our new to us '13 with 67k miles on it. Miss the feel of sporty feel of the runner due to its size, but love everything else about the Sequoia better. We also went from SR5 to Limited so that is a big help to. I want to do a few things to this thing but will keep it tame as the name states. New wheels and a semi aggressive tire, change out the awful front grill and then we will see. Thanks to all

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello, just joined recently. Own a black 2010 5.7L V8 Limited Sequoia. I want to put 35x12.5 Tires and a lift and looking forward to asking you guys questions about this. Unfortunately at this time when I post in the appropriate forums for help it says it needs to be reviewed by a moderator before release but that was days ago. Any suggestions? Also, my last Toyota before this was an manual 87 4 Runner with 33s and a 3" lift and rebuilt the diff for a lower gear ratio. Sacrificed top end speed for more low end torque. Loved it and miss that truck (got stolen despite having alarm with engine kill). Looking forward to getting my Sequoia done up for the spring fishing season :)
Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everybody.Another new guy here, been an '04 SR5 owner for about a week now and so far I'm loving it! Bought a new Tacoma TRD back in '04 and have been a Toyota fan since. Started out looking for a 3rd gen runner but around here decent ones are rare as hens teeth. Start checking out Sequioas and after many wild goose chases finally found my TRD a big brother. Bought it off it's original owner with just under 93k and it's CLEAN! I guess it's an SR5 with Limited options... 17"alloys,leather, pwr seats, JBL & rear audio, pwr moon roof, driving lights and tow package.Even had a battery maintainer hardwired in. I've been lurking here for some time and figured was time to join. Thanks for the add. Got lots of questions so I'll be posting. ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good day gents,
New Sequoia owner but not new to Toyota's. I recently purchased a 2005 Sequoia Limited. I have been a "Googling" fool just trying to find more info on my new ride. I have been creeping several forums but all lead back to this one. I am your typical owner and can never leave things alone. I always mod my cars one way or another and looking forward to learning and modding my 05 Seq.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello All,

Jason from Seattle. In the process of buying a Sequoia but long time Toyota owners. Currently have a 2001 and 2011 4Runner SR5. The Sequoia will become the wife's daily driver and I will get the 2011 4Runner, while I begin to tinker with 2001 4Runner to make it a dedicated mountain vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All,
Hope I am posting this correctly. I am Dimitry from Texas (currently) originally from the North East. Had a gen 2 Tundra for six years and now own a 2016 Sequoia SR5 4x4. Plan to lift it about 2" using coil-overs in the front and custom springs and shocks (enjoyed the tread discussing custom King shocks for a similar build). Picks to come. Look forward to sharing plans, projects and experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I bought a 2010 Sequoia Limited with ~100k miles in March 2017.
I try to do all my own car repairs via info shared on the internet on forums like this.
I've recently done a few repairs on the Sequoia that I couldn't find any clear info after searching the internet. I plan on starting a few new posts on here to share what I found to hopefully help someone else out in the future.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi there. Picked up a 2013 Sequoia Platinum with 115k a week and a half ago. Overall, really like the truck and the ride is amazing. Just got out of a 2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Ecodiesel Limited that also had the air suspension. Prior to buying the Sequoia, I had come close to pulling the trigger on a Yukon Denali, Lincoln Navigator, or Cadillac Escalade, and once I drove the Sequoia, which was completely by chance, I decided that's what I wanted. There were only a handful for sale and I ended up getting one at a dealer about 150 miles from home and thus far, I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings! New guy here! Just picked up a '08 Sequoia! Just upgraded from an old Chevy Tahoe. So far loving the truck! Can't wait to add some flair to it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello from HOUSTON!

Just got a 2015 Platinum 4x4 Sequoia.

going to look into wheels and tires and a chrome delete.

I'd appreciate all the information I can get.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there! Eric from Richmond Virginia. I’ve owned my 2010 Sequoia Limited for about a year now. Use it to carry 4kids around, pull our 33’ travel trailer,and hopefully start doing a bit of overlanding. Just put a 3” front and 2” rear spacer lift on it this past Saturday. Front was easy but the rear was a bear. Also put some Michelin A/T 275/65/20’s on it and ended up having to trim the front skid plate a little bit. So far I'm happy with the ride and especially sitting up higher. As money becomes available I’d like to add some sliders and an ARB bumper with winch. Gotta hold off on the roof rack since it already just barely fits in the garage!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone, just recently joined and I've been reading as much as possible about 2nd generation Platinum Sequoias. We have a growing family and looking for the extra space for daily use, road trips, and a little overlanding.

521 - 540 of 574 Posts