Toyota Tundra Forums banner

541 - 555 of 555 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone I've been searching and looking for different forums for the 2nd gen sequoias but obviously not too many people off-road this model sequoia but i found a good section on this forum. So let me start by saying I do have a 3rd gen 4Runner also which is my main rock crawler off-road vehicle. I recently purchased a 2010 Toyota Sequoia 4wd 5.7L as my family car for road trips and camping and etc... Since i bought my first Toyota maybe a couple of years ago which was another 1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4wd and end up selling it and found 99 4Runner sr5 4wd model with a locker so i was happy and built it from there. Been searching and looking around for other builds on the Sequoia to see what is good and bad and found a lot of good info. At the moment I'm just looking to go for the off-road look on my Sequoia, with maybe a little camping and some fire road bumps and little rocks capabilities. Right now I'm eyeing the Bilstein with the rev tek spacer kit for the front and rear, not sure how it does for off-road but for the cost I'm thinking its the best bang for the buck since i have a lot of experience with the Bilsteins and currently still using them for my rock crawler without any failure yet... (*knock on wood*) but I'm looking forward to meeting new people and maybe off-road with some of you! Sorry no pictures yet and its bone stock just imagine a white 2010 Toyota Sequoia Limited lol and that's how exactly how it looks haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone. We just inherited a 2008 Sequoia Limited 2WD with 50k miles. It might have been a bit too large for my wife's uncle as it seems he parked by feel so it needs some work mostly on the front end. Otherwise, the car is immaculate.

I found this place while searching for bumper replacements and other little questions I searched on Google. Like, why don't the lights flash or horn beep when we use the key fob to lock or unlock the doors? Still haven't found that answer yet. But anyway, seems like a wealth of knowledge here and I look forward to being a part of the community!

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Regarding whether or not the lights flash and the buzzer sounds when using the key fob, those are customizable features that can be turned on or off. See your owner's manual under "customizable features," p 569.
Aha! Thank you for that! I did look at the owners manual but could not find that part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new Toyota owner here!! Just “stole” a 2009 Sequoia Limited with 98000 miles on it ?. Been looking for a while and was waiting for the “perfect” one to pop up. Replacing a 2003 Ford Excursion Limited so we knew we needed to go bigger or go home, thus the Sequoia won over the 4Runner ?. So far we are in love. It has been well maintained and looks super clean, for the year, we couldn’t be happier, although the teenagers in the house miss the Excursion, me...not so much.
Glad to be here!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am a new member to TundraSolutions. My family currently has: 05 4Runner Sport, 07 Highlander Hybred limited, 08 Sequoia SR5. I previously owned a 05 Tundra limited. So, we just purchased the Sequoia because we are passing the Highlander down to my daughter who just got her driver’s license. The only thing lacking with the Sequoia is that it is missing its headrests on both benches.
My question is, are Tundra headrests interchangeable with Sequoia headrests. I’m just looking for more buying options, since new headrests are so costly and tough to find used. Any ideas would be welcome. Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all!

I obviously just joined here for info and help with any modifications and upgrades. I am excited to have a community of like minded people to bounce ideas off of.

I have a 2016 Sequoia SR5 that I bought to get my growing family out in the outdoors with toys or camping gear etc in one vehicle. I am new to these kinds of forums so any help in navigating my way around or links to threads would welcomed and very appreciated.

- I am planning to add a roof rack and have been looking at the Yakima rack or the Gobi rack.
- I really need some help and insight on rear suspension. I tow an enclosed utility trailer on sometimes rough backcountry roads with toys in it that weighs 6-7K lbs. I do have a weight distribution hitch that I will setup and use but would love any direction that can be offered here.
- I am thinking about getting new rims and tires to give me a little bit more clearance for my rough off road trips, best options? (currently have stock 18" rims with Big O BigFoot 275/65R18 tires that it came with). I do encounter a lot of mud and snow during the winter. Has anyone found an offset front rim that allows them to chain up all four wheels in super deep snow or nasty mud? I have always gotten by with chaining up two wheels but would be reassured by the ability to do all four. I have had storms come in while way off the beaten path and have had some rough trips getting out.
- I want to add a beefy front bumper with a winch and brush guard. We have a lot of wildlife and would rather bend up a big bumper than replace the factory plastics, metals and parts!
- Best winch options out there? I have been really looking at Warn and Smittybuilt...
- Will need to add sliders for some of these backcountry road obstacles... I have heard that Demello is pretty good to work with and have a lot of experience with Toyotas. Any other suggestions?
- I would love to add an extra fuel tank or an extended range tank. Any options that you guys know about? I have looked at transfer flow brand for my Tundra but am not sure if the Tundra model tank would also fit the Sequoia. Thoughts?
- I am sure that I am missing plenty of important things here. Any suggestions that anyone would have would be awesome!

I am really looking forward to everyones help and hope that I can provide some help to others as I work through things.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all,

Just picked up a 2009 AFP Sequoia Platinum this last March with 118,000 and I've been checking out this site for awhile.
Thanks for all the info and the ideas.
I've had a few full size Chevy/GMC SUVs and was hoping to get a vehicle that will last a little longer, so I went to a Toyota!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old member with a different handle because I forgot my password and have since changed email address so here I am.

I was mostly on the Tundra forum then sold it to a neighbor that really, really wanted it, but I still own Toyota's...'06 Highlander that the wife drives and my daily driver '95 Camry wagon. I decided just recently to buy an '06 Sequoia Limited that has the needed seating room and to pull my boat.

Hello again.

aka Seon

·
Registered
2008 Sequoia Platinum
4 Posts
Hello, New here in my quest for knowledge regarding my new to me 2008 Sequoia Platinum with 155K miles in Phoenix where I went to buy it. Lots of rubber rot on the roof and windows. Have already bought the rubber and have other mostly minor stuff to deal with.

Happy to be here!
Lew

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a 2016 SR5. Got it back around Christmas to replace my Yukon XL that caught on fire. Had 38K on it when I got it & I'm up to 41K now. I'd like to black out the badges & other chrome trim and update the wheels to match the less shiny look. It's not the 4wd Tundra that I had hoped for, but I'm pretty happy with it for the most part. I wish we could have found a 4wd Sequoia though as a compromise. Just like to have that extra piece of mind pulling a boat out of the water on a slick ramp. When it's time to replace it, that will be the route I go with the next one I I can't convince the other half to go with a Tundra.

541 - 555 of 555 Posts