Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and welcome to the Tundra Solutions Forums!

We appreciate you taking the time to register on our site and we hope you enjoy your stay. If you need any help, we have a large group of friendly members ready to help you.

To start with, We would like to share some useful resources that are available to help you on our site and to customize your Tundra Solutions account.

TundraSolutions.com FAQ - http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item_1

Edit Profile - http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile
In the edit profile area of your user control panel, you can update your location, dealer choice, vehicle choice, and additional information. Some information, like your vehicle selection is shown in your posts, so other members know what you drive.

Edit Signature - http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/usercp.php
In your edit signature area of your user control panel, you can customize your post signature. This is a neat way to let other members know something about you. When you post a message, you can optionally include your signature with your post.

Edit Options - http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions
In the edit options area of your user control panel, you can set your privacy settings, messaging notifications, thread display options, date options, and miscellaneous options.

Paid Subscription - http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/payments.php
In the Paid Subscription area of your user control panel, you may subscribe to our website, and your account will be instantly upgraded. This for instance grants you access into the subscriber forums.

Customer Support - http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/sendmessage.php
Access our support resources when you need them. Just click on the “Contact Us” link located at the bottom of any page. Your message will be sent to us, and handled promptly.

We hope to see you online.

Sincerely,
The Tundra Solutions Forums staff

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member, long time reader first time post. Scanning the threads helped me install an iPod adapter in my 2006 cosmic blue convert in about 20 minutes. Once the console was out I was able to reach behind the head unit as suggested. BTW i used a golf divot repair tool in place of the "plastic removal tool" worked great. Unit works great! Big thanks to all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Long time reader and first time poster here also (thanks for the lead in NJSolara). I have an issue with trying to find the speed wire that attachs to my AVIC-Z1. HELP

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello and happy thanksgiving! i currently own a 2004 toyota solara se sport coupe and am looking into getting new tires. i don't know too much about cars and wanted to just get a decent set of all season tires that won't cost me a fortune. i know that my car uses 215/55/17 tires. are those the only specs that need to be met or will i mess up my car if i don't get the special tires recommended for my car? any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
hello and happy thanksgiving! i currently own a 2004 toyota solara se sport coupe and am looking into getting new tires. i don't know too much about cars and wanted to just get a decent set of all season tires that won't cost me a fortune. i know that my car uses 215/55/17 tires. are those the only specs that need to be met or will i mess up my car if i don't get the special tires recommended for my car? any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!!!
Hi and welcome! :)

I just posted a new thread that addresses all you could ever want to know about wheel/tire size issues and made it a "Sticky" for everyone to find it quickly. :tu:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/camry-solara/117919-official-wheel-tire-sizes-information/

Hopefully that will help answer most of your questions. As far as which brand you might want, that's really a personal preference, but the star rating at TireRack.com and customer feedback is fairly reliable.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Guys! After reading your opinions, I can't wait joining this family. The A/C of my 05 Solara I4 auto is not working recently. I checked A/C fuses and they were O.K. the A/C light can be turned on, however the compressor does not kick in. I heard no sound, I mean Click, from compressor. Some said the manegtic clutch is belly up. The last time I used A/C was 2 months ago. I need your help cause it is getting warm these days. And I don't want to take it to dealer, can you recommend some credible A/C shops around or San Gabriel Valley or Los Angeles area :ts: you very much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I just bought a used 2000 V6 3.0 Solara SE and love it. It's kind of high on miles but runs like a manual should. I've read a couple of posts and much of the already 2000 Solara posted stuff. Since I registered in NY I've got to have a license plate put on the front (setting bolts into the body - which i cringe over) so I'm taking it up to a dealer to have them put it on so I don't mess it up some how. Just though I'd drop in a say thanks for everyone's posts! They help!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Happy Sunday to The Group!

Well, I finally succumbed to the prices at the pump and am selling my 2003 Tundra 4x4 :hurt:, however I am salving the wounds with the purchase of a 2004 Solara SLE. Did some research, and found this one at a Nissan dealership with 31,300 miles on it, and got it out the door with tax and license for $13,014.89. Not a bad deal considering the year and low miles, and I am looking forward to getting better mileage.

Now I will go back to lurking in this forum and reading threads before I post more useless questions when I could have just as easily used the search function. :heh::D

JT

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am a new member and I joined to get help on a problem: I own a 2007 Solara convertible and when I turn my outside lights on (any position except off) the dashboard lights go out. Can someone help me with this? Thanks. Philly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi-

I'm enjoying a 2004 Solara V6 SE convertible here on the SW coast of Florida.

The car has 50K miles on it and runs really well.

I covet the instrumentation of the SLE and wonder if there's a rational way to upgrade?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just added another Toyota to my garage... 2006 Solara SLE Convertible. Looks nice next to my Tundra! My wife and I test drove about 8 different RAV4s and Highlanders over about a month but just couldn't find the right SUV with the right options and price. Finally, our sales guy called us to come see a Highlander but it sold before we arrived. The Solara was parked next to the front door of the dealer and we began casually looking it over while waiting for the sales dude. My wife was hooked pretty quickly on the Solara although it took me a bit longer to be convinced. At one point we had a RAV4 Limited parked nose to nose with the Solara Convertible SLE for comparison. I told the salesman that it was like comparing orange juice to iced tea. I love both of them but for different reasons!! My wife has always wanted a convertible and the Solara has been great. I look forward to reading through the modification section of the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are the owners of a 2003 Camry Solara convertible. Ours has been trouble-free until now. The top will not go down (open). I can see the motor housings, but need to gain access by removing back of rear seat. Any ideas how this may be accomplished? It was easy on the old cars, but now days, the engineers have come up with real creative ways of securing vehicle objects. Please advise, and it you can email me directly, I will see the post much sooner: [email protected]

Thanks in advance. BTW, have already searched several forum pages with no luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i am a new member, from toronto. I have a 2002 solara V6 SLE. its my first toyota and i am pretty surprised with the smooth ride since i have bought the car used. recently i just installed 2 type r subwoofer's in the car, and wondering if anyone knew a cheap place where i could get some dynamat for my trunk, im going to make that the next project for my car.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
The FML is looking to buy a used Solara and I am looking for advice, warnings, and things to look for before we make an offer. The car is a 2008 with under 50,000 miles and for the most part is clean. It is a convertible with a leather interior. The interior needs detailing as does the body but no obvious damage from accidents and the car drives wonderfully.

Any advice or guidance would be most graciously appreciated. The dealership wants $23,000 for the car which I think is high - I only paid $13,000 for my Tundra DC with every option available.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Well added another Toyota to the family this weekend. We picked up a 2008 Solara SLE with 41,000 miles, white with brown top and leather interior. Great little car so far.

100_1619.jpg 100_1620.jpg

Let the modding begin.:D:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Solara Owners!

Over a year ago, I started looking for a 2000-2003 Solara for my daughter to drive, and found a gorgeous 2001 gold convertible, but I couldn't convince her on the convertible... insisted on a coupe. Ended up finding a really nice silver 2003 SLE that she absolutely loves... nice ride! But ever since passing up that gold convertible, I just couldn't forget the idea of having one.

While recently searching for a 2001-2003 convertible (prefer 1st gen body style), I ran across this really sweet 2008 SLE with < 23,000 miles, E7009 Nav system, white pearl exterior... great color for Texas sun! Yep... couldn't pass it up! When the tops down, I'm in no hurry to get anywhere... just enjoy cruisin under the open sky. So glad I didn't pass it up.

My_Solara_crop.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts