Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 788 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Owners Please Post Here

Welcome to Tundra Solutions!

We are always happy to see a new member onboard TS.com, please feel free to post on this thread and introduce yourself. If you have recently purchased a new Tacoma, pop a post and tell us about your new ride.

Be sure to check out all the various forums that have information on the care of your Tacoma. If you have not yet signed up as a Club Member, you may want to consider becoming one to have total access to ALL the forums on TS.

If you need any help or assistance please feel free to PM any of the

TS.com Team Moderators

Once again, welcome to Tundra Solutions! We will be looking forward to your postings.

Dan:)
Part of your TS.com Team

·
Registered
4 Posts
New Kid on the Block from UK

Guest from the UK. Love your site and can't wait to import my first Tacoma from the US. We have its twin sister in the UK called the Hilux. You guys will probably piss yourself when you see the small size of the diesel engine but with gas at ober USD 7/gallon diesel makes sense for economy and torque.

Apologies if you've all seen this before but if you want to see how far we can push a Hilux check out this link. They smash it, drop it in the ocean and put it on top of a 250 ft building for demolition, set fire to it and the rest. Does it still go.......

....well see for yourself

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/prog28/toyota.shtml
:)

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
EtoileBrilliant said:
Guest from the UK. Love your site and can't wait to import my first Tacoma from the US. We have its twin sister in the UK called the Hilux. You guys will probably piss yourself when you see the small size of the diesel engine but with gas at ober USD 7/gallon diesel makes sense for economy and torque.

Apologies if you've all seen this before but if you want to see how far we can push a Hilux check out this link. They smash it, drop it in the ocean and put it on top of a 250 ft building for demolition, set fire to it and the rest. Does it still go.......

....well see for yourself

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/prog28/toyota.shtml
:)
Welcome to the board! The hilux is definitely a vehicle many people in the US want to get their hands on. I've seen that video before and it's amazing what they put that truck through. Again welcome and enjoy!

·
Registered
148 Posts
2005 XRunner

Hey all I recently placed a deposit at a local dealership on the 2005 XRunner! Should be recieving the truck Oct. 20th I am having the TRD supercharger installed by toyota 300hp! Does anyone have any private info on the truck, I've seen it in the blue and the red but not yet the black and curiosity has kicked in. If anyone has pics on the truck besides all of um on the net let me know!
TOYOTA ROCKS!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Tacoma

Hey all just picked up a 2004 Tacoma this past Saturday. Its an Xtracab 3.4L with the TRD package. Looks like a nice board you have here.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hello, I have to say your website has been a great tool for info. on current and future models. I currently own a couple of Toyota's, which includes a '97 Tacoma 4x4, 2.7L. I was thinking of buying a new '05, but this one runs and looks so good I'm not sure if I'd ever want to part with it. It currently has 143,000 miles, and many many more to go. I would be interested to see how many miles a person can get out of the 2.7L motor, it seems to be a very "solid" engine for Toyota. Anyways, I'll have to start a 100k or 150k mile club soon, if there isn't one already.

Thanks,
JK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Canadian Launch of Tacoma 2005

Hi I',m writing from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
My poor little 1988 Toyoya 4X4, died of too much Toronto road-salt (the locals here salt everything), so I'd like to know about the Canadian Launch of the Tacoma 2005.

Pleae e-mail me at [email protected]

:ts:

Thanks, DD

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, I'm Justin.

Just found your site and it's actually pretty cool.
I have an 04 Tacoma xtracab V6 Prerunner with the upgraded wheel and tire package. Picked it up last Nov and have been extremely happy with it since.
Though seeing the 05's gave me a knot in my stomach as I felt my resell value drop through the floor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello everyone!

I drive an 03' 4Runner, but by the end of the month will have an 05' Taco 4Dr Long bed TRD Sport in Silver. I've been reading the forums a lot and finally registered. Lot's of useful information.
Glad to be joining the Taco Family.
See you in the forums
Lt Allen
Minot AFB

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pre Tacoma Owner (not PRE runner)

Bought mine NEW in late 1990 at Toyota 101 in Redwood City, CA. Black 1991 V-6 5-speed SR5 --and LOADED. If you remember, it is the same truck that was on their official Toyota marketing brochure cover (with the alloy wheels, etc.)
Well after 283,000 miles and 5 radiators, it's probably time to trade it in...
Gee, I hear they finally made the TACO a little bit bigger. Even more reason to take a look... (thats why I am on this forum)

Well time to take a look around..

Later,

AV

·
Registered
19 Posts
New Guy

Hello everyone!

Currently I drive an 03' 4Runner but bought a 05 Double Cab, Silver TRD Sport Long Bed. Just waiting for it to come in. I'm a 2Lt in the Air Force up her in Minot, ND. These forums ROCK!!! :tu:

I was wondering, is it just me, or does it look like those storage compartments under the seat look like they could be replaced with some speakers? I hope thunderforms or another company makes something for that.

Any thoughts from anyone who's seen the truck I described above? Someone at customtacos.com posted some pics from a dealer lot
http://68.110.237.59:81/~printerror/05dub/05dub-Pages/Image1.html
(use the buttons up top of link to scroll through the pics, lots of good ones)

Is it as big as it looks? And is it cool big, or gawdy big? I'd appreciate any Silver Sports if you see them, real pics, not Toyota Advertisements. I can't wait to see it. If it drives like the 4Runner, you'll love it. I like mine, but it's black, and I'm paying too much for it.

Look forward to reading your guys' thoughts on this awesome truck.

I'll keep you posted as to the status of mine.

:ts:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just Got It!

Just picked up my 05 TRD sport Double Cab last nite, in the pouring rain! Gotta love the NorCal rain.

I can't believe how nice and quiet this truck is compared to my 02 TRD Prerunner! What an amazing difference.

Toyota has done their homework, and I'm glad I sold my 02 to a friend in need, I'm sure she'll love that truck, and I am going to LOVE this new one!

FWIW, make sure you get your bedrail cleats when you take delivery, they "almost" forgot to give me mine :ts:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bay Area Newbie

Just wanted to introduce myself here, and say what a great site this is. I'm so impressed with my new tacoma, which replaced my 02 trd prerunner. Looking forward to exchanging lots of data and opinions here.

:tu:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Soon to be Toyota Truck Owner

Hey all, New here to the site so a little about me. In Feb. I will be going back to school at UTI for toyota so when i graduate i will be put into a toyota dealership. My finacee has a toyota echo and its a cool little car. I have always been a ford guy but lately ive really been falling for the tundra or tacoma. here are a few links to my car site
http://community.webshots.com/user/antirice82
http://community.webshots.com/user/antirice_82
was ina car club but i think its time to get away from the toys and cars in general. I have nothing about cars but that was my first car and i think i had enough fun with it while it lasted. So anyways I have a few ?'s that i hope some1 can help answer. What would the advantages of getting a tacoma be over a tundra. I really am looking at either getting the new 2005 Access Cab tacoma with the v6 245 hp engine or the 2004-2005 cant decide Access CAb Tundra. either v8 4X4 or the v8 4X2. If any1 can help point me in the right direction or give me some pointers that can help me... I want to state that i do know what im talking about when it comes to trucks and cars so try not to talk to me like i dont know what im talking about :devil: :ts:

·
Registered
34 Posts

Whats up guys. Just been reading for a while and decided to join. I am from South Jersey. :cool: Lots of great information here. Glad to join.

Well i brought a truck yesterday. I wont get it until December.. They had to order it.

I brought a 2005 Toyota Tacoma DBL Cab 4x4 L/B
Model num 7596A

I got the SR5 with TRD Sport w/Tow. I got the sport becuase of where I live. Here in NJ there isnt to much Off Roading. And becides if I goto PA with this truck it will do just fine I am sure.
I got the Truck For about 31.5k with all the options i wanted. Yeah its a little high. But not to bad for what i was getting

I got these packages
FE PK Z1 C7 CJ GY VD EJ RL

GY - Was the Curtain Side Airbags
EJ- JBL In dash 6 CD Premium Audio with amp and 7 speakers
(Most get the Standard 6 Speakers with no amp and 6 disc Changer)
RL - Daytime Running Lights
VD - Vehicle Stability Control

I also got the seat covers and such. They had to order it because of the packages EJ, VD and GY
My dealer said most just get the standard 6 disc changer instead of the 6 disc with 7 speakers. I think i was told it was An 8 inch sup with 275w amp.. I mean i had better but not to bad. I would rather have an after market of course with mp3 player and such. But maybe later..

I did test drove one and LOVED it. Has Good Great power from all the other trucks i been in. Rides very Smooth. The interior isnt bad. Have to get used to the look.

It just sucks i wont see it until dec. Oh well.
For 245 hp its not bad.. Nothing LIke my 86 Buick GN for speed.
But i do love the truck. And cant wait till i get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got my new 2005 Taco

Just to let you all know that I got the first 05 Taco Doublecab TRD Offroad in Colorado. I bought this truck on 05 Oct 05. This truck is awesome. :) You all need to get one!! Since I am a new member I thought I would introduce myself with a superb truck. Laters....

·
Registered
5 Posts
New Guy!

Name is Ray. Figured it was time to get on a Toyota Forum since I have two Taco PreRunners. Seems to be a great site with great folks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

Hi to all in the forum. I bought an 04 TRD V6 Tacoma this past July, it's my 3rd Toyota Truck. I also currently own a project 1978 FJ40 Landcruiser that I'm continuing to restore.

I recently went through the horror of changing my oil for the first time on my new Taco, and am extremely dissapointed with the location of the filter. :mad: Honestly, if I had seen the filter location prior to purchasing the truck, I would not have bought another Toyota pickup...

I guess I'm going to have to install a remote filter to end my frustration with Toyota's extremely poor design. I'm looking for some advice on brands that are good quality, decent price, and work the best under the Tacoma hood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello!

Hey everyone.
Just picked up my 2002 Toyota Tacoma Pre-, Doublecab Limited on Saturday, and started looking for web forums to read. gotta love the internet!!!

Anyway, new to the Tacoma, not new to Toyota trucks. Had an '87 a few years ago.

Current truck has a 3" lift and 32" tires on it. Whoever had it before me did a decent job, but the lift is kinda weak. and he left the stock shocks in the rear, so they are completely extended...wonder if he would have kept the truck had he replaced those! haha

anyway, HI!

http://www.yzf-r6.net/tacoma/PB080025.jpg

I am in the Dallas area, and am also a sportbike rider...'04 Yamaha R6

1 - 20 of 788 Posts