Toyota Tundra Forums banner

761 - 780 of 788 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2005 Tacoma Access Cab. It is 5 speed manual transmission. I recently had the steering column replaced. Now ever now and then the truck won't start. It makes no noise when the switch is turned. Toyota can't find the problem. Sometimes I push it in second gear(pop the clutch) to start it.
Sometimes I can wait 10 minutes and it will start. It might start 30 or more times without a problem. Then all of a sudden it won't start again. I thought that maybe there is a short in the new column ignition switch. But another (not a Toyota person) said they didn't think that was the problem. Has anyone got an idea on what I need to do? This is the 4th Toyota pickup I have owned. And this is the only one I have had problems with. In case someone wants to send me an email direct here is my contact info: [email protected]
Terry

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2005 Tacoma Crew Cab and 2008 Sequoia, I have been a Toyota fan for a long time. My family's first Toyota was a '73 Corolla and my family has had or still have (bold) many others: Truck (83), Celica (83&90), Corolla (73,80,83,88), Land Cruiser (00), Forerunnner (94,09), Tacoma (05), Sequoia (08), Lexus Rh 350 (07,08), Lexus IS300 (05) and a few others I forgot. All ran strong till we sold them, several had over 200k miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please don't let my name fool you, I am a reformed man, I used to beat up my wife, but not anymore, I have completly recovered from my condition, I use the name to remind and punish me for my wrongs in the past.
Just got a new 2011 Tacoma DC 4x4 V6 man 6 speed
I was a former full size truck owner and I was getting tired of it sucking gas and I expect gas prices to increase more and more, so I got out while the getting was good.
This Tunda site got my attention, cause the Toyota Dealer was trying to sell me a Tundra instead of the Tacoma for around the same price, but I wanted the truck for the good gas mileage and he kept telling me the Tundra , Tacoma get the same gas mileage. I didn't believe him and I read enough on this site to make sure he was BS'ing me.
I LOVE my Tacoma, its a truck that feels like driving a car, its easy to park, its almost fun to drive, the brakes work (never owned a full size truck with good brakes) and the power of the V6 is better than I expected.
I am now getting around 15 mpg, but i expect higher gas mileage as it breaks in and the weather gets warmer,
Very Happy Owner!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to be joining you...I just purchased a sweet '08 Tundra CrewMax SR5 4X4 to replace my beaten FX4 SuperCrew. Glad to be back in a Toyota (had a '92 4x and '98 Tacoma 4X). This thing is a BEAST (according to my son). This is my semi-daily driver (mostly hunting truck) and I'm damn glad to have it. I've been envious of the new Tundras since they came out. This is just one awesome truck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i like this site.got a 2010 double cab in sept. was always a chevy man till the bailout. if i get as good of service from this trk as i did my 79 elcamino i will be a happy man. had 2500 invested in it drove it for 20 years and sold it for 2000. my son is on his 3rd toyota he puts lots of miles on them and convinced me to join the dark side lol so far i am very happy with my trk. still have a chevy that will be on the road someday a 55. anyone in south ark that may need help with something give me a shout and we'll see if we can get it done

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: New Tacoma

Hey all just picked up a 2004 Tacoma this past Saturday. Its an Xtracab 3.4L with the TRD package. Looks like a nice board you have here.
I was thinking of buying a new '05, but this one runs and looks so good I'm not sure if I'd ever want to part with it. It currently has 143,000 miles, and many many more to go. I would be interested to see how many miles a person can get out of the 2.7L motor, it seems to be a very "solid" engine for Toyota.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the board! The hilux is definitely a vehicle many people in the US want to get their hands on. I've seen that video before and it's amazing what they put that truck through. Again welcome and enjoy!
happy to see a new member onboard TS.com, please feel free to post on this thread and introduce yourself. If you have recently purchased a new Tacoma, pop a post and tell us about your new ride.

phan mem seo ,phan mem seo ,phan mem seo ,phan mem seo ,phan mem dang tin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another new member..

Hi, Taco owner here!

Southern California, and not my first Toy. Unfortunately, I was forced to sell my 02 Tundra to facilitate my 5th wheel sale. :sad3d: I like my new 2010 Taco, but the V6 just doesn't have the torque the V8 did.

I still have my 72 1/2 HiLux in the back yard! I'm going to graft a 22R into it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: New Member

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and have an 06 preRunner long bed! I purchased it new and now have 138Kmi on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

hello, i am first time Toyota owner. I have always driven Fords but my friend made me a deal I could not pass up on a 06 Taco Quad Cab 4x4 4.0V6 AT with 140000 miles, $4000, not a bad deal at all. Most everything is in great shape on the truck, new brakes and front end parts. new 8ply tires,timing belt and trans fluid changed before, (these will be done again soon.) the bad, front axle actuator out, $400 holy $hit! thats high, and the suspension, especially the rear is horrible. From what I have read on here, It seems that at one time there was a recall for new 4pack rear leafs and shocks. I asked my buddy if he ever brought it in for any of the recalls and he said no. so i go down the my local Toyo dealership, and they say that there is no open recall for my truck? am I screwed? was there a expiration on the harsh ride recall? thanks for all the help anf info

·
Registered
2 Posts

As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 721 people, 310 households, and 200 families residing in the city. The population density was 792.4 people per square mile (305.9/km²). There were 347 housing units at an average density of 381.3 per square mile (147.2/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 99.17% White, 0.14% from other races, and 0.69% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.97% of the population.

There were 310 households out of which 28.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.8% were married couples living together, 6.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.2% were non-families. 31.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 16.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.33 and the average family size was 2.90.

In the city the population was spread out with 25.4% under the age of 18, 6.2% from 18 to 24, 24.5% from 25 to 44, 24.1% from 45 to 64, and 19.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 107.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.3 males.

The median income for a household in the city was $32,125, and the median income for a family was $38,438. Males had a median income of $30,875 versus $20,536 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,539. About 3.9% of families and 6.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.4% of those under age 18 and 6.7% of those age 65 or over.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Bought Tundra in August 2011 from a friend because of a wreck, had 146,000 miles on it, still running strong and smooth! Hope to gain information since this is my first Toyota product and try my best to give what little knowledge I have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. Joined up a few weeks ago, since I figured I would be using this site a lot. Just upgraded on late feb 2012 from a 2002 Tacoma double cab, to a new 2012 Tundra double cab work truck.

Big jump from a 2.7 to a 4.6 and so far I am loving it!

Looking forward to learning on this forum.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
238 Posts
Traded the 2010 Tundra for a 2112 TRD Sport DC Tacoma on Sat. Like having a smaller truck again. Now I'm reading up on all the Tacoma stuff I'v been missing. I know that a redo of the Taco platform is coming soon, but I like this new truck a lot. You'll be seeing me on this forum a lot now, read a lot, post just a little.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey guys, So after much debating about getting a new tundra or tacoma I decided to get a 2012 4x4 DC sr5 tow package standard bed taco. A friend from another motorcycle forum told me to check this out. So far I think my decision was pretty good considering the deal I got. Just couldn't buy a tundra since they lose so much value over the years.

Only thing so far is the front seats aren't very comfortable compared to my last truck but hey its a truck. Overall the only thing I would add is a navigation system but don't want to replace the oem stereo since it has bluetooth in it.

Anyone have any break in recommendations, and an online store that has good deals/reputable for taco accessories?

Also I heard the tailgate can only take 200lbs load? It doesn't seem very strong just wondering if I should take it off when I load a sportbike in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Owners Please Post Here

TU for welcoming me to the forum. Looking forward to honest, useful info from friendly folks!
I have been a Tacoma owner since purchasing my new '08 Tacoma access cab, 4x2 PreRunner 4.0L V6 5-Speed Automatic. Thoroughly happy with my Tacoma. It fits me very well!

Porkchopman

·
Registered
3 Posts

Name: Dan

Vehicle: 2006 Toyota Tundra (XSP)

I am medically retired from the military after 12 years of service. Wife wanted me to get a hobby, so here I am...

761 - 780 of 788 Posts