Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1568 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to Tundra Solutions!

We are always happy to see a new member onboard TS.com, please feel free to post on this thread and introduce yourself. If you have recently purchased a new Tundra, pop a post and tell us about your new ride.

If you have not yet signed up as a Club Member, you may want to consider becoming one to have total access to ALL the informative forums on TS.com.

If you need any help or assistance you can send a PM to any of The TS.com Team

Once again, welcome to Tundra Solutions! We will be looking forward to your postings.

You can visit the previous welcome thread by clicking HERE

Tedd
Part of your TS.com Team

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself Here

Just found this sight. I have a 05 dc phantom grey tundra. The only acc is egr slim fit in channel vent visors. My wife had been trying to get me to buy a toyota. I am glad I did!!!!! I love this truck!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself Here

Really new here, just checkin out my sig & avatar!

·
Registered
1 Posts

hey guys

i just got a 02 double cab tundra and just wanted to say hi..and i will search before i post anything stupid...

·
Registered
19 Posts

Hello Everyone - Just bought a 2006 Black Tundra 4X4 access cab, tow package, all weather package, off road package. My first truck and first 4X4. Looking forward to learning lots about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself He

Hello Everyone,

Brand new member and owner of 2000 4X4 tundra. Purchased it used in 2001 with 15000 miles on it. Now have 114000 miles on it. Haven't had any major problems with it. Just O2 sensor went bad and had to change timing belt a couple of times. I hope to get more info on potential maintenance problems. Plan on holding on to truck since it's paid for. Will reseach sight beforing asking any dumb questions.. :)

·
Premium Member
6,435 Posts
Re: Welcome to TundraSolutions.com! - New Members/Tundra Owners Introduce Yourself He

mlewis62 said:
Hello Everyone,

Brand new member and owner of 2000 4X4 tundra. Purchased it used in 2001 with 15000 miles on it. Now have 114000 miles on it. Haven't had any major problems with it. Just O2 sensor went bad and had to change timing belt a couple of times. I hope to get more info on potential maintenance problems. Plan on holding on to truck since it's paid for. Will reseach sight beforing asking any dumb questions.. :)
Timing belt should only need to be changed every 90k - or are you referring to the serpetine belt?

·
Registered
48 Posts

New here, 8800 mi on my 05 DC all but .2 from me. Trucks actually at the shop right now getting some Revos put on. Got some nice dings already too courtesy of idiots in parking lots. :td:

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hi, new to the forum as well. Have a black, 05' 4x2 AC V8. I'm sure its been asked hundreds of times, and I tried a search, but what aftermarket exhaust do you tundra owners recommend? Besides for sound and looks, I'm also looking to improve my mileage. Anything else you would advise? And why do the 05' Tundras rate 282 hp compared to the 06's which rate 271? Did Toyota misrepresent the true performance of the engine? Great forum and I look forward to learning more and talking to you all.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Looking for pics of 2006 Tundras with 20 inch or 22 inch rims thanks.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts

Hi,

This is my second time around. Lost my other ID when I changed internet providers. I have a 2000 Tundra and if my wife has her way I will keep it until I die. It has 135,000 miles on it. I put a cat back muffler and pipes on it but lost them in a rear-ender. Now I'm back to where I started from. I think I get better power with the oem set up. The only other thing I've done to the Tundra is add Bilstein shocks.
Also had to put on a new left side exhaust header. That cost some bucks.
Mileage is probably right for a truck. 15 around town and when I pull the boat and 20 on the open road.

I'll be up for a new set of tires and am looking for the kind that will handle best in wet weather and on slick boat ramps. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards:ts:

Papalou56

·
Premium Member
98 Posts

Newbie to this forum,

Just picked up a 2002 Limited 4x4 AC. Love it. Learning alot from you guys here on this forum. Actually spending tooooo much time here!!:D :D

steve-

·
Registered
1 Posts

My Tundra is in a private shop for it's 100,000 mile service. I was a bit dissapointed when the garage telephoned to say that all 3 O2 sensors were defective and would cost $575 to replace. Does anyone have comments on this?

·
Registered
8 Posts

Bought my 2005 Tundra Doublecab 4X4 SR5 last June. I love the smooth ride, good looks, reliabilty, and quality! Ran across this site and think it's great! :tu: :)

·
Registered
1 Posts

Good mornin'!

I've been in the market for a truck that can haul around 10,000 lbs, and was hoping that rumours of the new Tundra would come to pass. As of this month, the rumours were in fact true!

I was willing to 'settle' for a Ford, GM or Dodge to get the towing capacity. Now I don't have to settle. :)

This time next year I hope to have a 2007 Tundra in the driveway! Thanx Toyota!! :ts:

Keith
Calgary, Alberta

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hey all-

Welcome to the club :tu:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts

Hi All!!!

New to the forums but not to the Toyota family. I just upgraded my 96 Tacoma Extended Cab to an 06 Tundra Double Cab. Starting my research on some accessories I would like to have put in: keyless entry, step bars, under rail liner and possibly an alarm system. Ya'll throw some feedback my way and tell me which companies you like, and which you don't!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts

Whats happnin TS world. I have had my '05 DC for a little over a year now and out of the 6 vehicles I have owned, this is by far the best! I dont know why I ever owned anything other than a Toy.....Lesson Learned.

Working on and caring for my truck has become a new hobbie and Im sure surfing this site will give me plenty of new ideas! :tu:

·
Registered
116 Posts

Hello fellow Totota owners,

Just purchased an 06 DC 4X4 SR5 Tundra on 3/04. It has the TRD off road, 4.7, JBL, Line-X, plus other goodies. Phantom gray pearl. When I picked it out it was still wraped in plastic and when I took dilevery the ODO said 1 mile.:D

First thing was to look for a web site - just like this! Glad to be here.

This is my first Toyota but I'm not new to 4X4. This truck is what I chose to get as a replacement for a stolen 1997 Dodge Ram 4X4.:mad: I plan on keeping this one longer.

This site already has me thinking of ways to convince my wife that I need more stuff on/for the truck;). Anyway I already love my new Toy.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hello My wife and I just got our new 2006 Tundra double cab. We love it we have had it a week now. and it is great. We need some help I need to mount an antena for our Sirius radio. The manual says do not mount any magnetic sourse on the front roof, we have the compass and temp. up front. I was thinking of placing it on the rear roof above the back 3rd brake light. can anyone help me with that chore. our truck also has the pwer rear window Thanks Lou.

1 - 20 of 1568 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.