Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 AC and it was amazingly responsive and had a great ride even with some gnarly terrain, finally put some scratches on it as well! The only thing is that the doors sounded/looked like they were going to fly off. WTF. going to take it to a mechanic to get them adjusted but I thought that a TRD vehicle would already have something like that taken care of. Oh well. Bill Stein's were great, just enough clearance with stock rims/tires to get the job done and saw some good countryside. Thanks Toyota. :afro:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That's called frame flex.....you can thank the wonderful Toyota engineers for that......since they found it more important to make a truck ride like a car rather than perform like a truck........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Yeah, the lack of pillars in the body will do that. Makes it more convenient though. Sounds like you had fun, that's what matters. Even if I just drive down a dirt road real fast, bark my tires and kick up a quick roost, it makes me smile. :D

Dirt is great therapy.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Even a stock Tundra does well enough in the dirt to attract attention from other 'wheelers. Once they figure out it's not a tacoma they have no idea what it is though.

I just call it a V8 widebody taco.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Even a stock Tundra does well enough in the dirt to attract attention from other 'wheelers. Once they figure out it's not a tacoma they have no idea what it is though.

I just call it a V8 widebody taco.
Hahaha! I normally get guys on dirt bikes cruising up, they see the dust cloud I make and think it's a dirt bike. Then kind of like you said, they aren't too sure what they are looking at. It seems like nobody knows a first gen Tundra from a Tacoma. Mine has been called a Ranger and an F-150(by sleezy drunk girls:first: otherwise it would be a fight).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts