Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting dicked around by my dealer for the last two months on my Tundra I ordered, I started to truck shop elsewhere.

I Ordered a 2010 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Platinum with supercharger, TRD exhaust and all the other bells and whistles.

I placed the order in the beginning of March and still have no word on a truck not even a futuristic date that may be near. I was told to call at the end of MAY.

Anyway I decided it wasn't worth my hassle I needed a truck now, SO I bought a GMC SIERRA EXT CAB, with the SLE package and Chrome package as well as a bunch of other goodies. Took them two days to get the truck I wanted and I figured as my last post I would share a few pics of my new rig.

·
Registered
754 Posts
hey bro im probalby the first to say it congrats on your new purchase. Me myself im still waiting on my truck, but I gave my dealer the date of may 15th if he cant get my truck by then and/or the incentives change and I cant afford it im out and plan to get my deposit back from him. I been looking around myself, but I plan to stick with the tundra since I dont favor the interior of the big 3 just my opinion. congrats :tu:
So after getting dicked around by my dealer for the last two months on my Tundra I ordered, I started to truck shop elsewhere.

I Ordered a 2010 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Platinum with supercharger, TRD exhaust and all the other bells and whistles.

I placed the order in the beginning of March and still have no word on a truck not even a futuristic date that may be near. I was told to call at the end of MAY.

Anyway I decided it wasn't worth my hassle I needed a truck now, SO I bought a GMC SIERRA EXT CAB, with the SLE package and Chrome package as well as a bunch of other goodies. Took them two days to get the truck I wanted and I figured as my last post I would share a few pics of my new rig.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I would have thought the Denali to be a more comparable truck to the Platinum Crewmax - the Denails are super hot!!!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I would have thought the Denali to be a more comparable truck to the Platinum Crewmax - the Denails are super hot!!!
my thoughts exactly. one moments its gonna be a platinum crewmax with SC...then in reality its just an extended cab GMC with shiny chrome....probally half the price. oh well. nice truck though..just should have gotten a crewcab at least IMO. but i do see the frustration and if the dealers arent wanting to work for the buiness or even try, then more power to you for going elsewhere. sharp looking truck too.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
You bought a Government Motors truck????:eek:

Actually, some tests show your truck beating everybody elses. The GM's I've had have been fine vehicles.

You did send a copy of this post to the salesman, manager, dealership owner, Toyota of North America and Kiichiro Toyoda. Right?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
my thoughts exactly. one moments its gonna be a platinum crewmax with SC...then in reality its just an extended cab GMC with shiny chrome....probally half the price. oh well. nice truck though..just should have gotten a crewcab at least IMO. but i do see the frustration and if the dealers arent wanting to work for the buiness or even try, then more power to you for going elsewhere. sharp looking truck too.

Nothing against the truck from Gubment Motors.....the interior easily trumps ours looks wise.

My confusion is in how he "settled".

Did he even give his dealer a chance to get a DC Tundra??

Did he even get a 6.2L

No other dealers to contact?? (I found my truck.....on my own.....over 2,000 miles away)

I also find it odd that he "ordered" a Tundra with a blower considering it's a dealer/owner installed item.

I don't know......smells a lot like the little man under the bridge.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Nice truck.

I took a Sierra SLE and SLT for test drives last weekend. Very comfortable to drive and the legroom was awesome. I actually had to bring the seat forward a bit which is unheard of for me at 6'3".

I'm thinking about it. But I may wait a bit to see the details of the new engines they just announced yesterday.

I'm going to look at the F150 too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We don't need another truck bashing thread so I will refrain. But the company, GM that is, well lets just say I feel for the former stock holders.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are all nice when they are new. I decided to wait the 2 months for my 4x4 doublecab and i am glad i did. Going from a 2000 Tundra access cab to this truck is like night and day.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
How did you decide a 2 door Chevy was a good choice when initially you were looking at a 4 door Tundra? And not just any 4-door Tundra, but the biggest one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see a few people are questioning my switch. To start off I have always been a Toyota man Tacoma's that is. I was making the jump up to the tundra. As for the money issues, I have stated before I was in a very bad motorcycle accident and it paid off well. As for the supercharger and the exhaust (dealer installed options). They were to be installed before I took ownership of the truck. This was not an issue since it was a cash purchase. Lastly the cost of the fully loaded Tundra was 62,000 and the cost of the GMC ended up being 29,000. The GMC is not fully loaded or tricked out, I needed a truck now and could not wait it ended up being a off the lot buy.

I am in no means starting a Toyota Bashing thread I merely could not wait any longer, as things in life came up. I did voice my distaste for Toyota's slacking at the dealership, however there hands were tied by the factory shutting down twice since my order went in.

I will also say Toyota puts alot of thought into there vehicles and are still ahead of the curve with such things as disc brakes standard.

I did lose the platinum package also, however I was not fond of the wood grain. I did lose the navigation also, but I have a portable one that works fine. I also have headset dvd players and blue tooth mp3 and usb ports , steering wheel controls and so on in the GMC. I don't feel like I settled at all.

Hopefully Toyota gets back in the game I know alot of you guys are still biting at the bit waiting for your orders to come in. Maybe if someone wants a Salsa Red crewmax platinum it may be half built already.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I see a few people are questioning my switch. To start off I have always been a Toyota man Tacoma's that is. I was making the jump up to the tundra. As for the money issues, I have stated before I was in a very bad motorcycle accident and it paid off well. As for the supercharger and the exhaust (dealer installed options). They were to be installed before I took ownership of the truck. This was not an issue since it was a cash purchase. Lastly the cost of the fully loaded Tundra was 62,000 and the cost of the GMC ended up being 29,000. The GMC is not fully loaded or tricked out, I needed a truck now and could not wait it ended up being a off the lot buy.

I am in no means starting a Toyota Bashing thread I merely could not wait any longer, as things in life came up. I did voice my distaste for Toyota's slacking at the dealership, however there hands were tied by the factory shutting down twice since my order went in.

I will also say Toyota puts alot of thought into there vehicles and are still ahead of the curve with such things as disc brakes standard.

I did lose the platinum package also, however I was not fond of the wood grain. I did lose the navigation also, but I have a portable one that works fine. I also have headset dvd players and blue tooth mp3 and usb ports , steering wheel controls and so on in the GMC. I don't feel like I settled at all.

Hopefully Toyota gets back in the game I know alot of you guys are still biting at the bit waiting for your orders to come in. Maybe if someone wants a Salsa Red crewmax platinum it may be half built already.
Congratulations man! It was a toss-up for me between the two when I first bought the Tundra, but the Sierra wasn't available with a six-speed tranny and the 6.2 in anything less than the Denali at the time, which, itself wasn't readily available.
Just a question though... how the heck are you coming up with $62K on a new Platinum Tundra?!? They're offering $5K cash back AND 0% financing for qualified buyers in this area on all new 2010s... that number seems just ridiculously high, I can understand going to GMC, but there had to have been other options either online or around your area...

·
Registered
420 Posts
$62k? How could it be that high?
Did you at least get the 6.2 in the GM?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Ok, you couldn't wait any longer. I understand. But the grill looks messed up. Is that the camera playing tricks or does it really look like that? (Or am I just going blind)?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sharp looking truck for sure. I"m with RONE though in how you set out to get the BIGGEST 4 door Tundra and went with the extended cab? I don't think they offer too much room back there for adults and the suicide doors can be a challenge to get in and out of when and if you have to park in a tight spot.

I know the other features are sweet though!. The Onstar, Bluetooth, etc.

I'm sure you have the 6speed tranny right? I think the 10's come that way now. Did you go with the 5.3 or the 6.x engine?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
In NY they are doing a chrome package which it seems this truck has, a bunch of dealer added chrome.
But I don't get it, you needed a truck now and settled. But there are lots of tundras in NY way nicer than what you got on the dealers lots. and you could add the super charger at any time.
I tried to by GM, we had several thousands in cash off besides any incentives and they were no match to the tundra. And I have a grade. the only thing nicer on the GM was the ability to get the dark cherry paint. saw one with a cap the other day and said that might have been mine. But other than color, it lacked in every way. And cost more. They are not a bad truck but you have to go pretty high on the model list to get things standard that I wanted, plus I really wanted to open the back doors without having to open the front

1 - 20 of 50 Posts