Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the tube steps installed this morning. My first impression is that the black step portion could be a few more inches forward for easier entry. I find I don't use the step to exit. The height from the ground to door sill is 21 1/4 inches. The height to the top of the step is 14 1/4 inches. The steps are chrome plated stainless steel, with class A stainless steel bolts. Westin part number for Access Cabs is 262510. For the curious, I paid $453.00 installed including tax.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Look great!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
They come in handy if you gotta clean bird crap off your roof or something like that:D (if you dont wanna jump in the bed to clean it) but I only use them for getting in as well..and rarely getting out. They look good.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
They look good but isn't $453 a bit steep for nerfs? I've got the nastas and I paid around $260 shipped back in Oct and they also have all stainless steel mounting hardware.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The installer carried a number of step bars, but I think the Westin's were the lowest cost. I saw them on Amazon.com for $390.00. They said for some reason the Westin's were about $100.00 less if you drove a big three truck. I paid $425.00 before tax so I figured I paid basically $35.00 for the install. They have a lifetime warranty. I did price other brands for around $300.00 installed from other installers. Yeah, it was more than I wanted to pay.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the Westin Platinum wheel-to-wheel 3 steps in stainless. $515 including shipping from ustaw.com The 3rd step is for access to the bed. Got them over 2 years ago, no problems.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A month ago, I purchased the Westin wheel-to-wheel bars for my DC. It came to $404, including shipping and arrived in one day. I'm very pleased with them and the third step definitely comes in handy getting to stuff in that end of the bed. Truckcustomizers.com has some of the best prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts